Trainz Plus Beta 99618 (for Gold Class members)

There's a bug in Content Manager.

Double-click on an asset to get a quick-view of it before downloading, and the asset-window drops immediately behind the Content Manager content window.

I have a working copy 98592 with DLC installed. I have a second copy 99618 with no DLC installed. I created a CDP of my route from 98592 and imported it into 99618. A lot of content was missing or unknown. The route used kuid2:122285:3401:22 which shows as built in with 98592 but unknown in 99618. 99618 does have kuid2:122285:3401:20 built in but the route wont see that version so is missing. Delete missing assets just removes the kuid completely from the route. The asset in the 98592 version I found was part of a DLC package which means I must download the package to get it. Built in assets should not be hidden in packages if they are higher than those available on the DLS as this means that those without a package can not use the route and I cant run the DLC route with the older version of the asset.

Last edited:
i am curious if anyone can recreate the problems i have posted in this thread, all in surveyor, if anyone could read my last 2 posts in this thread and see for yourself, i would love to know, especially being able to extend splines, such as track. before the patch i could left click and then right click to extend splines, now i am stuck only left clicking and the right click does nothing, this is a must fix for me.

Really, really, liking the drone camera!

My only suggestions would be to have a way to adjust the speed of the drone. Would be nice to have it move a bit slower to avoid frame tearing. Also I think the controls should be remapped to the num pad instead of the arrow keys. By doing that we could adjust our altitude with 0 or . with our thumbs rather than trying to reach for the page up and down. Might be a bit more intuitive but I could also be wrong.

I also really like the option to lock onto a train car and pan around it. Super cool. Been having a lot of fun so far.

Nice work overall. Will give me more flexibility when making cinematics for my videos :)

Joe

There's a bug in Content Manager.

Double-click on an asset to get a quick-view of it before downloading, and the asset-window drops immediately behind the Content Manager content window.

This happens to me also.

Last edited:
>>
fixed

now i am stuck only left clicking and the right click does nothing, this is a must fix for me.
>>
fixed

Also I think the controls should be remapped
>>
You can remap the keys any way you like - give ti a try and see how it goes.

"Find Object..." cursor not ready
>>
to be fixed

rebuilding the precache the info window does not scroll the info any more
>>
Unable to repro this issue, please provide the exact steps

kuid2:122285:3401:22 - content missing
>>
We're looking into our processes to avoid situations like this from occurring

Tony,

I thought the mouse problem was a system issue so I didn't report it. I use a wireless mouse and thought the batteries were worn down. I replaced my batteries and the mouse then worked so turning the mouse on and off or exiting and returning must reset the mouse.

I will have something for the graphics issue I reported earlier with the slow-load. I have stumbled upon something which I think is related.

All the side-menus disappeared when I was about to edit my driver's session. I did a database repair thinking something had gone kaput, but that didn't fix it. I was about to do an overnight EDR when I pressed one of the function keys "F1" to bring up the topology tools just because, and the editing side-menus reappeared.

2019-03-18 001303.jpg

The only other thing I did, which was to check some performance issues, was to reduce the draw distance from 10,000 meters to 8,000 meters.

If you are talking about the stutter that is solved by hiding the HUD, then we believe so. We do not have a reliable repro case on any of our hardware here, so if you do, then please let us know if the issue is solved.

We've made a number of changes in this area (and have some more in progress for the next update), so things should be smoother.​

I can confirm that ( at least here ) the stuttering with the HUD enabled is gone, I tested it with a number of different ( large) routes.

I know this is more a asset issue than a game issue but wanted to see if anyone else is having the problem.

I noticed that the Quick Portal Manger by pguy doesn't seem to be working. I set up a train to come out of a portal and I wait 10 mins after the set time and the train never appears. I also have tried the emit now option with that train and it doesn't come out.

Working with New Cameras... still some stuttering otherwise looking good

Only issue having is in surveyor when placing textures on a route.... Prior versions, you were able to hold down right button and drag texture point around then while dragging with right click, hold left click simultaneously to drag pointer around while applyinh texture (Good for applying large areas of texture without using a fill for the entire square, and for following a contour edge to apply sand up against a waters edge tracing the water edge as you went while applying the texture, or for placing long lines of ballast along sections of track. 99618 doesnt allow for me the ability to now simultaneously hold the left and right mouse button down and drag / paint simultaneously... Previous version prior to Beta install worked without issue.... Now if you attempt to hold down both mouse buttons simultaneously, the task being performed is halted for the new one to commence. Any suggestions or do I have a setting i have never needed to change before now require adjustment.

Cheers
Glen

Hi folks, i would just like to say i installed a second copy of trainz 19 and then updated to the beta build. i switched from full screen to windowed mode, all with the same problems as in my earlier posts, i am shocked noone is having any of these problems. the non beta works like a dream accept for a crash if i copy and past over and over. i am running 2 screens, a 55 inch samsung 4k tv which works great for route building and all my sims i play, then i have a 32 inch 1440p lg monitor for alll my other work, along with a raildriver.
Outside of that i would say i still have a pretty fast gaming rig which is listed in my signature.i am clueless on how to fix these problems.

Hi folks, i would just like to say i installed a second copy of trainz 19 and then updated to the beta build. i switched from full screen to windowed mode, all with the same problems as in my earlier posts, i am shocked noone is having any of these problems. the non beta works like a dream accept for a crash if i copy and past over and over. i am running 2 screens, a 55 inch samsung 4k tv which works great for route building and all my sims i play, then i have a 32 inch 1440p lg monitor for alll my other work, along with a raildriver.
Outside of that i would say i still have a pretty fast gaming rig which is listed in my signature.i am clueless on how to fix these problems.

Not on the subscription beta but maybe check your in game mouse settings are the same as in pre beta? just a thought.

There are problems with portals not working, or not working correctly.

I imported an existing route, one that works fine in the current released version, aka my "production" copy, but in the beta fails. The existing session works fine for on-route drivers, but the protals do not emit trains, and if they do, they stop or partially come out.

In my testing so far, I deleted my consists and replaced them in the portals, but that did nothing. No portal-consists appeared after an hour of driving this route, and the trains are set to appear every 15 or 20 minutes depending upon the direction on a double-track line.

Since there are only two portals, my next test is going to be to delete the two portals and recreate the AI consists and schedules. Since the AI commands are a simple Navigate to-from either end except for the passenger trains, which stop at two intermediate stations, this will be a simple task.

If this is how things are to be done, I'd hate to see this as being the solution in the released version because some routes have many, many, many portals. If the solution is to recreate the schedules for all the consists, this will be quite painful because I have one route with many, many portals, and many placed consists, drivers, and schedules.

As an update, we've getting close to releasing another update for you to check out.

Meanwhile heres some more answers for you all...

hold down right button and drag texture point around then while dragging with right click
>>
fixed

portals not working
>>
fixed (not yet tested internally)

"if this is how things are going to be done"
>>
I assume you mean breaking things unexpectedly? With code updates come unexpected consequences, which is why we do beta testing.

In the case of portals, this was to do with some improvements to aynschronous loading.

There are two choices - no updates, or updates, test, fix the problems, rinse and repeat, release the updated build, hopefully with all the gotchas being found and fixed.

We're a lot better at this these days by taking longer in the testing cycle and not having to release to a fixed date.

As an update, we've getting close to releasing another update for you to check out.

Meanwhile heres some more answers for you all...

hold down right button and drag texture point around then while dragging with right click
>>
fixed

portals not working
>>
fixed (not yet tested internally)

"if this is how things are going to be done"
>>
I assume you mean breaking things unexpectedly? With code updates come unexpected consequences, which is why we do beta testing.

In the case of portals, this was to do with some improvements to aynschronous loading.

There are two choices - no updates, or updates, test, fix the problems, rinse and repeat, release the updated build, hopefully with all the gotchas being found and fixed.

We're a lot better at this these days by taking longer in the testing cycle and not having to release to a fixed date.

No, not at all. What I mean here is needing to delete portals and re-set them up again. Yikes! That would be mean! I apologize if this wasn't clear.

Now that you 'splained why the problem is occurring, it makes sense. This may actually be the issue with some of the signals. We've had issues with long running sessions where things grind to a halt. This has been a problem since T:ANE came out, and still happens in TRS19 as well. I reported this before and we determined it was a signal script problem issue. I was able to band-aide the problem by changing content creators, but that only postpones the problem for a much longer period, i.e. a bit over an hour versus 15 or 20 minutes.

As you know I fully understand that beta equals some items may not work fully as intended and that's why we need to keep digging at them and testing until we flush out the bugs.

Last edited:
I don't give a fig for the monthly free content because I will never use it.

I don't use the "free" content either. Probably never will. In fact, I don't even know what free content they have! But I bought a Gold membership because I want Trainz to continue.

I decided not to be a beta tester because I don't feel like testing a new version, and mainly because I don't want the hassle of backing up my content.

This is going to be a silly question, but can anyone explain to me what this file > install purchased items from disk do and how it works?

Peace

Back