Trainz Plus Beta 99618 (for Gold Class members)

to go unnoticed from beta testers before this was released to gold members

What Beta testers before release? You are the beta testers, one of the perks of having a Gold subscription. It is not a release it's a beta.
Many of us hardened testers are now excluded from any involvement of Trainz Plus testing due to not having, needing, wanting a subscription or paying over the odds just to test, so it's up to the Golden club to do their own testing.

I can sympathise with you Malc, I thinks it's a shame that the hardened Beta testers like you are now being snubbed in favour of the Gold 'elite'.

I hadn't realised that the Gold Club was a pay-to-beta club.
That should go down well with the Gold Members who weren't aware and were expecting to get new features before us plebs.

I was thinking of joining the beta test program, but not now.
Subscriptions are not for me, I get my enjoyment out of route building and landscaping, not being a driver (except for testing) or collector of everything available.

Nugget - so far no-one else has reported any crash issues placing splines. The issue is most likely related to "placing splines in your route", so the solution is to submit a bug report here: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu and include a link to your route so that we can try the exact same steps and hopefully get the same problem, which we can then fix.

Euromodeller - you may change your mind when you see one of the features for the next update, which is very much aimed at route builders.

Malc - there will be plenty of beta testing opportunities in the future for non-members, but not just right now. Please be patient and your turn will come.

The current release is a beta and is optional for members to install (as is the official release for that matter). To say the whole concept of membership is about paying to be a beta tester is well wide of the mark. Paying for membership provides for access to a wider range of DLC, an FCT, a 25% discount, previews of new content and, as part of the package, added features each quarter. Apart from paying monthly, it's no different to the way things worked for TANE. You have to pay to get the product, then you can, if you want, become involved in the testing phase.

Ultimately, as Developer and Publisher of Trainz, we made the decision to introduce memberships. As expected, they are popular with a subset of our community. They aren't going away. What they are going to do is help ensure that Trainz grows stronger over time, and that will benefit everyone.

If everyone who owned TRS19 joined, then we could probably double our team size and deliver more new features and content more quickly. Actually, if everyone who owned TANE bought TRS19 right now (or became a member), we could grow the team even more.

Meanwhile, it's going to be a long two years if we continue to see these same negative comments coming out in every thread involving memberships.

Paying for membership provides for access to a wider range of DLC, an FCT, a 25% discount, previews of new content and, as part of the package

Yes I understand that however unfortunately none of that is any use to me as primarily a content creator and route builder and member of the somewhat depleted CRG.
If there was a cheaper subscription option for creators, who provide you with free content, that did not include the unwanted freebies vault stuff, previews and discounts for DLC we don't need complicating the route building by using Payware assets in error and just enabled access to plus stuff relating to content and route creation you might get some interest ;o) I'll get my coat.....

G'Day,

Anyone seeing the "Downloading Content Popup Box" moving up the screen after each asset is installed until it disappears off the screen???

My reason for asking is I've had machine problems over the last few days and have not "bug reported" the problem, until it is confirmed its not just at my end.

Silvergull

Last edited:
Meanwhile, it's going to be a long two years if we continue to see these same negative comments coming out in every thread involving memberships.

Unfortunately it will be a long two years for that very reason. I do not have Gold/Silver membership but that was a decision that I made knowing that I would miss out on a lot of "goodies" as a result and I am not complaining. I will make do with what I get as an ordinary (or "Mud Subscription Member") and I do not begrudge the Gold subscribers for the benefits they receive - good luck to them, they are paying for the privilege! Those new features will eventually become available to us non-subscribers in the next version of Trainz - as it always has done.

In the modern world you pay for what you get but who among us wouldn't like to get it all for nothing, which I suspect is where at least a part of the negativity is coming from. In the past we have had posters asking why, as owners of the previous "latest and greatest" version of Trainz, they could not "upgrade" to the new "latest and greatest" version for free. If that was the case then GM, Ford, Toyota, etc would never "sell" any new models.

As a content creator myself, I am not concerned about "missing out" on any advantages that the new features might bring me. I look at this way - when I do get the new features they will have been thoroughly tested, debugged and written about so I will have all the benefits of the Gold Members hard work - keep it up fellas and sheilas.

I became a Gold member not to become a beta tester but rather to support Trainz. I am concerned that beta testing should be restricted only to Gold members. I can say from personal experience that beta testing takes a lot of time, patience, and in many cases a very good understanding of the "engine" behind TS2019. I stopped being a beta tester because as I grew older I lacked all three of these attributes. I decided I wanted to spend my time just enjoying what we have.

But I am really bothered by the fact that some of the old reliable beta testers are not included in helping debug the future upgrades. I think this is very short sighted. TS2019 has turned out to be the most bug free version since I have been using Trainz since version 2004. This is a result of both some major improvements in the "engine" but also the unbelievable dedication of some of the beta testers.

But again, and this may only be me, I became a Gold member not to have early access to some things that may or may not become a permanent part of the game, but rather to support N3V. It would be interesting to know what percentage of the "core" beta testers of the past two years are Gold members. If its less then 50% I think we have a problem for future releases.

Malc, I am definitely cogniscent of your situation, and realise that right now it seems to you that "owners" are "on the outer", but that isn't the case at all.

It is fine if none of the subscription features are of interest to you, but imagine for a moment that it didn't exist at all. How that would effect existing users like yourself?

We would be in the middle of a ~two year process to add sufficient features and content in preparation for a new major release that we could sell to our [still growing, believe it or not] community.

At some time in 2020 or perhaps later we would be asking for beta testers for the new features (perhaps it initially would be a closed beta, invite only).

The usability of the current version is not impacted by any of this.

Enjoy TRS19 for what it is today (which is certainly the best ever version, in no small part due to the lengthy beta testing periods through the last 3 years for TANE and then TRS19 - so thanks to everyone who assisted there).

When we need more testers (and we will), we will be putting the call out for volunteers once more.

If there was a cheaper subscription option for creators, who provide you with free content, that did not include the unwanted freebies vault stuff, previews and discounts for DLC we don't need complicating the route building by using Payware assets in error and just enabled access to plus stuff relating to content and route creation you might get some interest

Hear, hear. :)

This been my wish too ever since I saw the two subscription options, why not a third for the creator people.
I have a Lifetime Download Ticket, I don't run trains e, I like(d) to create and play around with the create my world thingy and while I'm not active with Trainz at the moment due to even harder life issues then before, I still keep the interest alive by visiting the Forum and I have a wish to check out the newest Trainz but so far has not done that due to several reasons unrelated to Trainz itself.

Just my thinking. :)

Linda

My sentiments are with Malc and others who support Trainz because of what it means to them. I don't give a fig for the monthly free content because I will never use it. My interests are solely around making content, helping those with more artistic capability than I to make content, and supporting those who actually run trains in Trainz through my work in the CRG. I have no idea what is happening with the TrainzDev group but it seems dead to me.

I'm a Gold Member solely because I thought it the right thing to do, but I am really wondering if I am wasting my time.

I'm a Gold Member solely because I thought it the right thing to do, but I am really wondering if I am wasting my time.

No you are not wasting your time (or money). You chose to become a Gold member because it was a way of supporting a product that has obviously given you much enjoyment. You are to be congratulated for that. You should not be made to feel that you have been cheated or "conned" because a few posters have been very negative about the subscription option or because Gold members are getting "benefits", that they have paid for, before the non-subscription members.

Tony - I've got a question regarding number 2 in your OP. Is that backup for the program folder, the user content, or both? (It's so I can gauge how much space is needed for the backup)

Shane

Then why not have a separate, possibly closed, board where the "Gold" and "Silver" Elite can post, away from the serfs making do with their £55 "standard" version? :)

(Now I'll get my coat...).

Logged 3 bug reports relating to:

1 Need to click a Driver twice to change from another Driver. The 1st click only changes to the new consist but leaves the avatar as the original driver. A 2nd click changes the avatar. NOTE: I have just discovered that this only occurs when in Cab view and not external views so please correct the Bug Report.

2 Cannot copy names easily into dialog boxes in Surveyor using Crtl/V. This operation merely attaches the copy to the default name.

3 Going to Drive mode in Surveyor using Ctrl F does not work.

Paying for membership .../... it's no different to the way things worked for TANE. You have to pay to get the product .../... If everyone who owned TRS19...

Here is the huge gap between T:ANE (and all previous versions) and TRS19: you pay for "membership" but you do NOT "get" or "own" the product, unless you buy it apart.

Here is the huge gap between T:ANE (and all previous versions) and TRS19: you pay for "membership" but you do NOT "get" or "own" the product, unless you buy it apart.

You can choose to pay monthly for a "membership" or you can choose to buy the product without the monthly membership payments. The latter option is exactly the same as all previous versions of Trainz so there is no gap there at all.

The membership option comes with the condition that you must maintain the monthly payments to keep the software - this in principle is no different from leasing a car or renting a house. If you stop the lease payments you lose the car, if you stop the rent payments you lose the house. If you later restart the monthly payments then the software and data are restored to you - try that with your landlord when you forget a few payments.

I purchased TRS19 outright as the "lease" option was not one that appealed to me for a number of reasons but it has, according to reports, been very popular with others. They are clearly happy with the arrangement.

You didn't understand what I mean: the post is about beta testing for members, so "If everyone who owned TRS19 joined" is inconsistent.

i think the new features are great, i decided to install a second version of trainz 19 without the beta update to continue working on my route, i am sure someone will come across the same issues i have had.

i think the new features are great, i decided to install a second version of trainz 19 without the beta update to continue working on my route, i am sure someone will come across the same issues i have had.

I did something similar right off the bat. I copied my data and my TRS19 program to another drive and up-versioned that program to the Trainz-Plus beta, which I will use for testing while leaving my "production" version intact. By doing this, I also have my current routes and all my content to test with as well. This is also the safest thing to do for your program and data so that you don't lose what you've already put a lot of hard work into in case something goes tits up.

Hi,
I have not a bug but a request - if it is not something already WIP.
It's to do with the "Find Object..." menu option in the "Tools Menu".
Previously, before this update, if you used the above option the cursor would appear and be focused in the "Name:" field
allowing immediate search data entry.
Now, you have to click in the "Name:" field first.
Not a big thing - but b....y annoying if for instance chasing / checking rolling stock, trackmarks, junctions etc.
Thanks,
Laurie

Back