Trainz and Vsync/Freesync etc etc

Hi.
I'm evaluating for the first time the matter in the title. Premised that my system is: RX580 (with Freesync support) and Samsung U24E590 (24"/3840x2160) with Freesync support (frequency range: 40-60 Hz), I'm wondering about the real need for me of the Freesync technology as my TRS2019 runs normally between 20 and 30 fps, sometimes above 30fps and rarely above 60fps.
I've run the Freesync Windmill test and I can see non differences either Vsync or Freesync or both are enabled or disabled.
If it is for me I would disable all those capabilities ans just apply "Half" to the Vsync setting in Trainz.
Any comment is appreciated.
Simon

Simon,

I run with Vsync set to none with my GTX1080Ti and I get really great performance. I'm not sure if Freesync is supported anyway so it might not be doing anything to begin with so give it a try and see how it works. If not try Vsync at full or half (60 fps versus 30 fps) to lock the frames.

Simon,
I run with Vsync set to none with my GTX1080Ti and I get really great performance. I'm not sure if Freesync is supported anyway so it might not be doing anything to begin with so give it a try and see how it works. If not try Vsync at full or half (60 fps versus 30 fps) to lock the frames.

Thanks PCJCtron.
Can you advice a brand for a 1080ti? I've found good prices for the MSIs.
Simon

Back