UK DEM's ?

matruck

Dirty Deeds
Do we have any UK DEM's laying around the place un-used and un-loved ?, Having checked the usual hiding place's like the DLS and a few site's that I know of has turned up nothing. I do know of the US one's out there but was wondering if sum body knew of sum UK one's.
Cheers Mick.:)

If they do exist then get them before Brexit, who knows what would happen to them after that? Drowned while trying to escape by swimming the Channel to Europe, stuck in a endless log jam of trucks at Dover, or perhaps trying to "boot-leg it" as contraband across the Irish hard border?

I have Transdem, is there a specific area you are looking for?

Thanks Nathan I was after an area from Cardiff Wales up towards Cwm Bargoed then back down towards Port Talbort but also with Aberthaw included.
I have a good friend that makes great DEM's but he is mainly into the US stuff and I'm not sure if he has done one for the UK but I thought I would ask here first in case sum one has already done it or knows of it's existence.
Cheers Mick.

If you are after the raw DEM, UKTS has some files available covering the UK in reasonably hi-res - File ID's are 24981 thru 24986. It is probably not the most up to date data available but it is mostly at 20m resolution and has always served me well both in Transdem/Trainz and the other sims.

Thanks Vern a freind who has made me quite a few DEM's ( He has a commercial licence ) is having a look at UK stuff for it Vern, He hasn't made one for that area before so yeah after a bit of research hopefully he can help me out. Thanks for the help.
Cheers Mick.

Interesting photos, thanks. I look forward to seeing a model/layout of this part of the world, good luck with it!

Rob.

Do we have any UK DEM's laying around the place un-used and un-loved ?, Having checked the usual hiding place's like the DLS and a few site's that I know of has turned up nothing. I do know of the US one's out there but was wondering if sum body knew of sum UK one's.
Cheers Mick.:)

I made a DEM of the old Waverley Route, from Carlisle north to Edinburgh through the Scottish borderlands and onward over the Forth Bridge. It looked like an awesome bit of railroad for a 1950s or 1960s British route, so I made the DEM.

I will never get it done, I have too much on my plate already.

Let me know if you are interested, will definitely finish it AND intend to release it on the DLS.

A71

Thanks A71 The DEM doesnt include Grangemouth does it ?, Another of my side projects was the TEA VTG 102T tank wagon lol like you mate i have way too many projects and not enough time to do them in but keep at it and put it on the DLS if you could as i'd love to check it out one day as that does sound like an ideal route.
Cheers Mick.

Thanks A71 The DEM doesnt include Grangemouth does it ?, Another of my side projects was the TEA VTG 102T tank wagon lol like you mate i have way too many projects and not enough time to do them in but keep at it and put it on the DLS if you could as i'd love to check it out one day as that does sound like an ideal route.
Cheers Mick.

No, the tracks end near the Forth bridge and go no further west unfortunately. Sorry I can't help you out with that one ! You could make a DEM "plug" and add the few miles out to Grangemouth I guess, but that would be a mission in itself.

Last edited:
Back