Thread: UK DEM's ?

Default UK DEM's ?

Do we have any UK DEM's laying around the place un-used and un-loved ?, Having checked the usual hiding place's like the DLS and a few site's that I know of has turned up nothing. I do know of the US one's out there but was wondering if sum body knew of sum UK one's.
    Cheers Mick.

Blog Entries

If they do exist then get them before Brexit, who knows what would happen to them after that? Drowned while trying to escape by swimming the Channel to Europe, stuck in a endless log jam of trucks at Dover, or perhaps trying to "boot-leg it" as contraband across the Irish hard border?
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

I have Transdem, is there a specific area you are looking for?

Remember the conditions of your licence.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanmallard View Post
    JackDownUnder

Thanks Nathan I was after an area from Cardiff Wales up towards Cwm Bargoed then back down towards Port Talbort but also with Aberthaw included.
    I have a good friend that makes great DEM's but he is mainly into the US stuff and I'm not sure if he has done one for the UK but I thought I would ask here first in case sum one has already done it or knows of it's existence.
    Cheers Mick.

If you are after the raw DEM, UKTS has some files available covering the UK in reasonably hi-res - File ID's are 24981 thru 24986. It is probably not the most up to date data available but it is mostly at 20m resolution and has always served me well both in Transdem/Trainz and the other sims.
    Digging away in MSTS & TANE...

Thanks Vern a freind who has made me quite a few DEM's ( He has a commercial licence ) is having a look at UK stuff for it Vern, He hasn't made one for that area before so yeah after a bit of research hopefully he can help me out. Thanks for the help.
    Cheers Mick.

Last edited by robd; March 15th, 2019 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks heaps Rob that will come in handy mate. The pictures on this site are my main inspiration for the area I'm after if any one is interested https://www.flickr.com/photos/992209...57678488938064 Not sure what the fascination with me and coal is but what an incredible area to model.
    Cheers Mick.

Interesting photos, thanks. I look forward to seeing a model/layout of this part of the world, good luck with it!

Rob.