ATLS Updated for TRS19 Streaming

I have this problem, and can't see what to do about it. I was using the ATLS system quite successfully to control level crossings and their protecting signals. Doing this by using the inverse slave to produce an invisible train to hold the protecting signal at red, I'm not using the SEN City signals as I need the scripting to cope with the junction indicator/target system.

Since updating to TRS2019, I've downloaded all the ATLS V3 assets.

I can't get the protecting signal to stay at red...

The V3 slave trigger has an inverse function, but that does not have the same effect.

How do I achieve this with ATLS V3 in TRS2019?

I have this problem, and can't see what to do about it. I was using the ATLS system quite successfully to control level crossings and their protecting signals. Doing this by using the inverse slave to produce an invisible train to hold the protecting signal at red, I'm not using the SEN City signals as I need the scripting to cope with the junction indicator/target system.

Since updating to TRS2019, I've downloaded all the ATLS V3 assets.

I can't get the protecting signal to stay at red...

The V3 slave trigger has an inverse function, but that does not have the same effect.

How do I achieve this with ATLS V3 in TRS2019?

Hi David,

Yes, I see your problem. The use of an invisible train has been the way Slaves and Inverse Slaves used to work. The trouble is, it was always a 'sledge hammer' method. The new slaves are kinder to the system and work through script. The trouble is you need signals with appropriate script, i.e, Sen City signals. If you are using other signals you will need to use the more basic old Inverse Slave.

In theory that won't work with the new V3 ATLS. However, in practice, I think it should still work for the time being. Have you tried?

The new ATLS Library does still send the old 'broadcast' messages. These should be received by the old Inverse Slave if you set it up for the correct channel. I left that in so 3rd party assets would still work. e.g ATLS barriers. I did not check it with the Inverse Slave but I would have thought it should work.

The bad news is that the old 'broadcast' calls may well become faulty in the NEXT version of Trainz..... but you should be OK for the time being in TSR19. I hope 3rd party ATLS creators will update their assets in the future. I may update the old Inverse Slave if it becomes necessary.... that’s presuming invisible trains do not become illegal in a future version of Trains!

Boat

Hi Boat
At the moment with the latest build of TRS19 the controller is not working as it did. My saved route after the update had reverted all the controllers to default ( crossing mode ) even though the correct code was in the name. Entering the code no longer changes the controller when saved to map. I have put a report in but have not had a reply as yet. This reversion means all other ATLS assets don't function as they were when set up as no routes are set up in the controller. This thread shows some screen shots of the problem https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...affic-Stopper-Question-(TRS19)&highlight=atls

Hi Keith,

Yes, there is an error when loading from a map saved code. I will e-mail you an update. If it works OK for you, I will upload an updated Controller to the DLS.

The last one was kuid2:76656:500010:13. Maybe the 14th iteration will work better! :eek:

Mike

Good news.

An updated version of the ATLS Controller is on its way to the DLS. This will fix that problem.
The problem only showed if you were using the map-saved code and using ATLS for traffic light control.

For anyone using ATLS only in Level Crossing Mode, try using the new Controller/Slave kuid:76656:500041 combined asset. (V2 & V3 versions on the DLS)

Boat

Hi David,
In theory that won't work with the new V3 ATLS. However, in practice, I think it should still work for the time being. Have you tried?
Yes I had tried but it didn't work, hence the question. Given your assurance that it should, I've tried again and I think it was my mistake in forgetting the "set" and "clear" delay times for the Inverse Slave are also inverted. :confused:

Yes it does still work, exactly as expected with the old Controller and separate new SlaveTrigger, although with the new Controller/Slave the delay times needed a bit of adjustment.

... I may update the old Inverse Slave if it becomes necessary.... that’s presuming invisible trains do not become illegal in a future version of Trains!
Boat
I would encourage you to do so, simply so that any variety of signals, semaphore, MAS colour light, junctions etc., can still be used.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Back