Static traffic

Ghost42

I am working on the 'Western Pacific Tane Fixed' route, there is an enormous amount of traffic on the roads, all static, I am sure that it is not meant to be so.
I have never added traffic to any route I have made so this is new to me.
Is there a rule or such that I have not enabled?
TaneSP3

Nope, the route is set up with static traffic. It is actually meant to be so.

If you want to enable traffic you would have to go into the Edit Route and select a new region that has traffic. You would also have to delete the enormous amount of static traffic. :D

Thanks for that, the static traffic is not important, the rail traffic is enough of a headache :)
I have been working with this route in its various guises for years, love it.

I absolutely detest static traffic and will not even download any route that has it. This is supposed to be a simulator and as such, everything possible should be simulated and animated, IMHO. I know, traffic in Trainz isn't perfect, but it's certainly a lot better than static (or NO) traffic, again IMHO.

I absolutely detest static traffic and will not even download any route that has it. This is supposed to be a simulator and as such, everything possible should be simulated and animated, IMHO. I know, traffic in Trainz isn't perfect, but it's certainly a lot better than static (or NO) traffic, again IMHO.
In my opinion static traffic can suit some areas, right now though, my route has traffic turned off until I can be bothered sorting out ATLS, having said that, I think static traffic can look good when done right

Is there a tutorial on how to add traffic (animated) for T:ANE?

carz?

Bring up the TrainzWiKi and search for carz. The first result should give you the answer.

Can't imagine why anyone would want static traffic. I suspect lots of different vehicles would make the game run slow. Cars in a station car park yes but unless you are trying to recreate a gridlock then why?

Can't imagine why anyone would want static traffic.

Maybe on one of the Trainz Model Railroad layouts? But then again, I hate Model Railroadz, too. I can understand why some people like them though. Takes way less time and decorating to make a Model Railroad in Trainz. Give me a long, realistic-looking route where I can sit back in the cab and watch the scenery go by anytime.

carz?

Bring up the TrainzWiKi and search for carz. The first result should give you the answer.

Can't imagine why anyone would want static traffic. I suspect lots of different vehicles would make the game run slow. Cars in a station car park yes but unless you are trying to recreate a gridlock then why?

I use them occasionally on non-active roads. A single car here, a pick-up there, or maybe a big delivery truck waiting to pull out of a factory yard or parking lot, but not a whole lot because they're still a pain to setup. You need to adjust the height and rotate them because they always manage to face the wrong direction, and by default they end up stuck in the road as if they have 4-flats.

I use them occasionally on non-active roads. A single car here, a pick-up there, or maybe a big delivery truck waiting to pull out of a factory yard or parking lot, but not a whole lot because they're still a pain to setup.
I thought of including those but I'm one finger typing on an iPad and my finger was getting sore. 😋

You need to adjust the height and rotate them because they always manage to face the wrong direction, and by default they end up stuck in the road as if they have 4-flats.
Just like the car park I have in my one and only route where all the cars sink into the pavement whenever a new Trainz comes out.

I confess I didn't think of model trains layouts.

Back