CD/Memory stick version

rmdk

How do I go about ordering the CD or memory stick version of TRS2019?

I might be misssing something (quite possibly) but I don't see anywhere within the outright purchase process where you identify what format (CD or Memory Stick) you want the purchase on.

Seems to lead to the online version. :confused::eek:

Thanks in advance for any help.

Russell

We're working on a new installer for the additional content and a few other related things - the DVD version should be available soon.

Great question, and terrible answer... Here is my take on the issue.

I think what Shane is trying to say is, which he cannot say, there is no longer such a thing for Trainz. Your software must phone home on the Internet, and collect who knows what information they require, so they know what you are doing.

If you are paranoid like me, you will put black tape over your internet camera, have loud music blaring at many high decibels, anything so 'they' don't know what you are doing.

In the 'Days before Al Gore' when he created the Internet (LOL), we had DRM free software. But no longer in Aussie land, or anywhere else for that matter. I could go on for hours about how bad 'Subscriptionware' is and how good 'Open Source' is in the long run. Look at Google, made billions by giving away everything for free.

If you are paranoid like me, you will put black tape over your internet camera, have loud music blaring at many high decibels, anything so 'they' don't know what you are doing.

Do you also have your computer in a Faraday Cage to block the EM signals that it is leaking out to the environment to prevent any eavesdropping by those who might have the equipment to pick up the signals?

Do you also have your computer in a Faraday Cage to block the EM signals that it is leaking out to the environment to prevent any eavesdropping by those who might have the equipment to pick up the signals?

My abode is covered with aluminum siding, which is conductive, so, yes I think im covered. It also has a tin roof and ground spikes to re-route lightning. Just saying.

Forgot to mention that all my current PC's are what I call 'Blades'. A PC laptop with no moving parts (except the cooling fan). So none are directly connected to power, they run off the internal battery, and get recharged by a charger. You do realize that the internet is now leaking into our power supply. Here in the states you can get gigabit internet from your electrical outlet. Thanks Google.

My abode is covered with aluminum siding, which is conductive, so, yes I think im covered. It also has a tin roof and ground spikes to re-route lightning. Just saying.

Tin foil hats amplify the signals

https://www.howtogeek.com/114037/researchers-prove-tin-foil-hats-boost-receptivity-to-government-signals/

My new lead hat is really heavy.

Harold

You do realize that the internet is now leaking into our power supply. Here in the states you can get gigabit internet from your electrical outlet. Thanks Google.

I have a similar system in operation in my place. My Internet feed comes in on an ADSL2 line into my study/computer room. From the ADSL modem I have an Ethernet cable running to a power adapter plugged into a power point. The feed then runs through my internal power lines to the living room where another power adapter runs an Ethernet cable to a switch which distributes the feed to my entertainment system. Works well provided everything is on the one circuit - it does not like going through electrical switchboards to get to a different internal circuit.

Great question, and terrible answer... Here is my take on the issue.

I think what Shane is trying to say is, which he cannot say, there is no longer such a thing for Trainz. Your software must phone home on the Internet, and collect who knows what information they require, so they know what you are doing.

In the 'Days before Al Gore' when he created the Internet (LOL), we had DRM free software. But no longer in Aussie land, or anywhere else for that matter. I could go on for hours about how bad 'Subscriptionware' is and how good 'Open Source' is in the long run. Look at Google, made billions by giving away everything for free.

Sounds like you're trying to add words to my mouth as I haven't heard anything concrete yet as to what the DRM-free status will be (you're welcome to search the forums though).

Shane

Pretty sure the answer to the question, "Is it DRM-free?" is still 'No".
Have not heard anything more from N3V on this matter to indicate any change of mind since January's statement by Tony.
Please don't start off another dreary "No plutonium/ No DRM..." cycle of posts!

Last edited:
Sounds like you're trying to add words to my mouth as I haven't heard anything concrete yet as to what the DRM-free status will be (you're welcome to search the forums though).

Shane

Your right, I apologize, you said If it's not showing on the Trainz Store page they probably haven't got the option available yet. Which means it could happen some day in the future. I guess I'm just don't believe it will happen, it would totally shock me.

Back