Steam Trainz: A New Era content to Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019

dickster

I purchased Trainz: A New Era from Steam during 2016 and purchased additional content months later during one of their sales. I recently purchased Trainz 2019 directly from the Trainz store. Is there any way to move/import the Trainz content from Steam to Trainz 2019? Thanks for your help in advance.

Bought Steam's TRS2024. Would like to have them in my TRS2024 collection. I never bought. RJ Artim

Last edited:
I heard back from the help desk on the ticket I opened. They responded in a few short hours. The response came as an email. They told me they moved the content I purchased through Steam to my Trainz 2019 purchased through the Trainz store. When I opened Trainz 2019 the content began to download from Steam. I went back to Steam and the content remains there. Quick response and a happy customer.

Open TANE and then open the Content Manager. Look up the asset you want to migrate to TRS19 and right click, choose Export to CDP. Save the file. Close all windows. Open TRS19 and then open the Content manager and 'drag' the saved file into the TRS19 CM window. It will migrate the content into TRS19. It may want to download many items depending on what you are migrating, but it will work.

Great advice here people. I have done this many times over the years. I keep copies of the cdp files and dependencies so when the next development comes along (or computer upgrade) I can replicate what I currently have and continue to enjoy the game. You can combine several cdp files into one cdp, name it something that tells you what the combination is then you will be set for future use.

Glad they were quick to help.
With a fresh download at least you will get all the TRS2019 latest assets which if you move via CDP saves, you may accidentally transferred some incompatible assets.

Who says support is no good here? They are fools. I have nothing but good to say about support the last 4 years. So I am, but I am 7 years. Robert Artim

Last edited:
Back