.m.notex - will support remain?

Hi,

My question is - simple, and titled especially to n3v team.

Will .m.notex material type remain supported in very-very future trainz versions?
Related wiki entry about support is a little bit confusing me. :( :eek: Seems for me it won't be supported in the future...

I use this material type for invisible container meshes with attachment points (playing with diffuse opacity settings - many thousands of my content are affected...)
For me, it is a big benefit that I don't have to use any texture file, saving gigs of HDD space...

If it won't be supported in the future I should know it in time, with preferred alternative solution. I am updating my contents...

Thank you so much in advance for your answers.

Krisz

Will .m.notex material type remain supported in very-very future trainz versions?

Probably not. But we have no immediate plans to remove it. And even if/when we do remove it for new content, it's unlikely to disappear from legacy support. I wouldn't worry about it.

I use this material type for invisible container meshes with attachment points (playing with diffuse opacity settings - many thousands of my content are affected...)
For me, it is a big benefit that I don't have to use any texture file, saving gigs of HDD space...

Sounds less than ideal to have any polygons at all, but I can't say for sure what options you have here. If you can avoid it, you should. That will amount to substantially more savings in practice than worrying about a few tiny "blank" textures.

chris

I created streets with very dark gray pavements. I created gray031.m.notex material. In TANE, the streets are very dark gray. In TRS2019, the streets are light gray. I replaced gray031.m.notex with gray031.m.onetex that has image file.
In TRS2019, the streets are very dark gray. Also, the ground textures are lighter in TRS2019 than in TANE. The materials are not PBR and trying to create PBR materials may send me to the mental hospital. Is it possible to make the ground textures darker?

If the streets have notex material, they are too light. If the streets have onetex material, they are dark which I want.

Back