Why R Sessions saved saved as misc

blueodessey

Good Day all,

Something I have noticed for quite a time, and I forget to ask about....?

So if you go into your CM mgr and do a filter for ROUTES AND SESSIONS you will most likely see those two sets of Assets, but what I find, and I Find this on DSL as well when downloading, there is a second type called "misc" which is alias named for session.

Now if I open up the Session Config.txt, and look under KIND......It shows "profile" category-class "YP"

However on the misc one, in Config.txt, and look under KIND .....it shows "saved game" category-class "SG"

How does this happen, It doesn't make sense to me, in a Route, you have the Route and the Session, 2 components, why would it show up this alternate name way......?

And I found if I update the misc by changing the KIND and Category Classes it shows as Session after committing the changes......

I plan on fixing all the "MISC" ones to read correctly so when I do a Filter in CM, it shows correctly and I figured out over time, this one of main reasons I can't find Sessions I knew I had, I didn't realize that this was happening.......

Please excuse my OCD here, but these little details bug me............

Profile is the session created in surveyor when you save the route and session. Saved game is the session saved when you exit driver and save. The SG is only linked to the map as it was when you saved on exit from driver and is not related to the map or session used in surveyor.

Profile is the session created in surveyor when you save the route and session. Saved game is the session saved when you exit driver and save. The SG is only linked to the map as it was when you saved on exit from driver and is not related to the map or session used in surveyor.

Ah Stagecoach that makes perfect sense,

So what I need to do is be cognizant of what action I am taking, that the SG option gives a Misc file is not a true Session as I thought.....Really changes my interpretation of what True Sessions are then especially if they are downloaded from the DSL I now wonder if others are aware of this Subtle difference........

Looks like I need to go back to Trainz Wiki and re read the Instructions on Saving Sessions.........:hehe:

Back