Screenshot of The Week: February 21 to February 28 2019 (Special Cargo)

Hi !
It's late on the Ligne 1 between Nancy and Paris, as a special train carrying the mythic Crampton pass by ; Crampton locs ran this line a long time ago, between 1846 and 1863.

Jimmy

JR-mow-pack.jpg

The directors at the Albany Port Authority came up with a new special cargo to help boost revenues in a big way.....potatoes.

Special-cargo-at-the-Port-of-Albany.jpg

Having dropped off her extra water tender, No. 60 Jupiter advances toward the railhead early on the morning of 10 May, 1869, carrying a few very important people, two gold spikes, a silver spike, a blended iron-silver-gold spike, and a laurel railway tie. Even at a few mph, the wind roaring through the Promontory range whips her extra flags horizontally behind her. Within a mere twelve hours, all four spikes would be driven and pulled out, and the tie would be cut into thousands of souvenir clippings, until nothing was left. Cargoes this special - and this famous - don't stay in their place for long.
C7CC76DB483562E54EF09C39D482B6714BA6DFEB

Last edited:
Same here. Before seeing the pics, my version of a loaded baked potato was chili, bacon bits, and maybe some bread to dip into the chili that was on the potato.

Whamm0 and Norm, LOL you guys made my day :hehe:

lol, enjoying the screenshots folks :)

Today's the day and the "special cargo" finally arrived! Families ran to greet and hug each other after the time a way. Inside the crates the family members brought back, seeds, vegetable tubers, tree cuttings, books and clothing from a distant town many days of travel away. Payment was made by helping the folk of the town plough their land with the horses and manually sow their crops.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I assume to grow these giant spuds you need a hell of alot of fertiliser :hehe:. both of these trains are empty services. on train 9T60 including of 2828, 4042 and 52 fertiliser wagons, crosses 9Y93 with 2844 and 26 OSZY sulphuric acid tank train tankers. amazing how urea and sulphuric acid, two dangerous chemicals, react to help plants flourish.
53292233_353382842177243_3793318109419405312_n.png

Last edited:
Back