Model Railway article

Thank you for posting this link to a truly impressive layout which for once has been treated seriously by a television station. I have bookmarked the item and will look at it again - probably more than once to admire the excellent detail.

Ray

Ghost
Very interesting - a great model layout.

As a follow on - if you Google "Alloa Loco Shed", you should eventually locate a host of photographs of this layout and the Alloa Station area circa 1950's and later.

In my 7mm modeling days I based my Pitmilly loco facilities on Alloa shed and its Telpher coaling plant. Although the Telpher hopper system was commonplace in industry I'm not aware of any other location on BR where it was used for coaling locomotives - but am sure there are those who will know. It certainly helped me to get a lot into a small space on my layout.

Cheers

John Webster

That's a very nice article. Thanks for sharing.

This quote fits our virtual hobby too right to the tee.

Colin adds: "I think the reason people get so passionate and involved in model railway is that it is a great escapism - you are taking yourself into that little world or diorama that you have created. "It takes you away from the hustles and bustles of the quite hectic lives we tend to lead."

Back