C&O Hinton - session to Thurmond not working

Hi, on the session mentioned into the title the only thing I can do is changing the speed. No other inputs are taken from the keyboard. All other routes/sessions work fine.
Simon

(MBPro 2018 13" 4TB3 - 16/500 + Sapphire RX 580 eGPU)

Hi, on the session mentioned into the title the only thing I can do is changing the speed. No other inputs are taken from the keyboard. All other routes/sessions work fine.
Simon

(MBPro 2018 13" 4TB3 - 16/500 + Sapphire RX 580 eGPU)

Simon, Are you referring to the Thurmond Empties session that is built-in? Or is it a session that you downloaded? I just ran the first part of the Thurmond Empties session with no problems in changing the view, making the switch positions visible, etc. Now my session, Hinton to Thurmond Ver. 3, had a problem with one of the flatcar commodities but I fixed it by reverting the commodity to the original. I also just tested it and the first part ran fine.

Take care,

TNX, Don.
Yes, I'm referring to the Thurmond Empties session. No way to play it... (on the Mac). I'm now transferring on Win 10 (for supposed better performance). I shall see what happens.

Moved to Win 10. Great improvement in performance (and smoothness) but nothing changes about operability of the Thurmond Empties session.
Thanks. Simon

How long are you leaving the session to play out its initial cut-scene animation? Are you waiting for the control of the program to be passed over to the user? Cut scene in that session takes a while - especially on slower, GPU-challenged machines like Macs.
Other than that, the input restrictions you've mentioned suggests that something is wrong with the session itself on your installation. Are you running the default, built-in session called Thurmond Empties, or a clone of the session you've modified?
Suggest go to Content manager and run a 'Faulty' filter on your Installed assets.
Fix any issues you find that need attention.
Check your Trainz Settings (System menu) items under the Interface and Control Settings headings. Set them to the defaults if customised inadvertently.

Here's an additional thought that just occurred to me - Are you perhaps using the same wireless keyboard and mouse combo on both your Mac and PC substitute?
If so, check connectivity/ batteries, wireless path strength etc. It's possible that this might be a mechanical issue...

Last edited:
Majortom100967,
I believe this was discussed in a similar post run under the TANE section.

With the TANE version, it was discovered that the author had locked all the views and other things for the session. All you could do was work the speed and couldn't view in cab or move around the engine or consist.

In order to get full control, you would have to go in and edit the session. This worked for TANE.

I'm a little surprised that the session was ported into TRS2019 with apparently the same restrictions, considering that it was thought to be "broken" in TANE until it was discovered that everything was locked by the author. I just went into that session in TRS2019 and found things exactly the way they were in TANE - you can only work the cutoff and throttle to try and get the engine moving. I managed to do that, playing back and forth with the cutoff and throttle, so it's possible to get rolling, but you cannot fully enjoy the session with the view locked in that one sight picture.

You might try a search in the forum under C&O Hinton, and you'll find the thread that pretty much has the same title as this one. In post #12 there are instructions on how to unlock the various parameters to free up the session options.

I'm guessing that this is the problem you've encountered, as I just found the same situation, and it is identical to the one I found in TANE.

Heinrich505

[FONT=&quot]Okay, I just went to the thread, followed all the instructions from post #12, and edited the Thurmond session like I did for the TANE version. It's just as I suspected. All the items were locked by the author, just as they were in TANE.
I changed the session rules per the instructions that I copied and pasted below. I've now got camera control, and I can run the engine in cab mode without the automatic fireman. These instructions were posted by RKKluckholm, so he deserves the credit for helping us alter the TANE version. I just verified that these same instructions will free up the camera and allow better control of the engine for TRS19. Hope this helps.

It is still a challenge to get the engine to start rolling, but hey, that's why we want to run them in cab mode.

Heinrich505

As posted by RKKluckholm.....

He used the "Cinematic Camera" rule and locked the user out. However, in TANE to and including SP3, that feature was apparently unsupported, so everything worked as you'd expect. Comes 97285 and we are suddenly barred from the cab. However, the following reply to my bug report is both very instructive and helpful:[/FONT]

C&O Hinton Thurmond Empties Settings Mod

Thank you for contacting QA. Users reporting that the camera view and DCC driver control is locked as well as water\coal is also disabled. If we check the session rules we’ll find this is not broken, it's by design. The sessions creator has set a few restrictions that allow the session to be classified with a “Level of Difficulty : Easy”.

Make the following modifications to add more realism to the session.

1. Edit the session (open in surveyor)
  2. Click “Edit Session Rules” button
  3. Select “QuickDrive” rule, click Edit
    1. Uncheck “Enable gameplay session mode”
    2. Set the default control method to: Realistic Mode
    3. Click “OK” tick

4. Select "Cinematic Camera" rule, click Edit
    1. Uncheck "Lock camera controls for duration"
    2. Click “OK” tick

5. Now open the “Driver Setup rule *
    1. Find the driver listed as “First Human Player”, make note of this.
    2. In TANE, the loco is "C&O Kanawha K-4 Steam Test 2"
    3. Click “X” tick (* we aren’t making changes here, just finding for the loco name).

6. Click “OK” tick on the Edit Session dialog to commit changes and close the window
  7. Now back in the main surveyor view, “CTRL+F” (open “Find Object”)
    1. Enter the loco name you found above (C&O Kanawha K-4 Steam Test 2)
    2. Select it in the list and Click “OK” tick (sets focus on it)

8. “F7” (open the Trains tab)
    1. “P”(edit properties) and click on the loco (opens the properties dialog)
    2. Set “Automatic Fireman : False”
    3. Click “OK” tick

9. "CTRL+F2" (QuickDrive)
  10. At the prompt, click "Save" and provide a unique name (i.e. - “Thurmond Empties Realistic Mod)
  11. Drive your new unrestricted session on slick rails and all. Enjoy!

Note: These changes are applicable to both TANE and TRS19

Thanks to everybody for your precious help. I’ll try to unlock those features as described. BTW: I’m now running trs under win 10.
Simon

Thank you for contacting QA. Users reporting that the camera view and DCC driver control is locked as well as water\coal is also disabled. If we check the session rules we’ll find this is not broken, it's by design. The sessions creator has set a few restrictions that allow the session to be classified with a “Level of Difficulty : Easy”.

Make the following modifications to add more realism to the session.

1. Edit the session (open in surveyor)
  2. Click “Edit Session Rules” button
  3. Select “QuickDrive” rule, click Edit
    1. Uncheck “Enable gameplay session mode”
    2. Set the default control method to: Realistic Mode
    3. Click “OK” tick
  4. Select "Cinematic Camera" rule, click Edit
    1. Uncheck "Lock camera controls for duration"
    2. Click “OK” tick
  5. Now open the “Driver Setup rule *
    1. Find the driver listed as “First Human Player”, make note of this.
    2. In TANE, the loco is "C&O Kanawha K-4 Steam Test 2"
    3. Click “X” tick (* we aren’t making changes here, just finding for the loco name).
  6. Click “OK” tick on the Edit Session dialog to commit changes and close the window
  7. Now back in the main surveyor view, “CTRL+F” (open “Find Object”)
    1. Enter the loco name you found above (C&O Kanawha K-4 Steam Test 2)
    2. Select it in the list and Click “OK” tick (sets focus on it)
  8. “F7” (open the Trains tab)
    1. “P”(edit properties) and click on the loco (opens the properties dialog)
    2. Set “Automatic Fireman : False”
    3. Click “OK” tick
  9. "CTRL+F2" (QuickDrive)
  10. At the prompt, click "Save" and provide a unique name (i.e. - “Thurmond Empties Realistic Mod)
  11. Drive your new unrestricted session on slick rails and all. Enjoy!

Note: These changes are applicable to both TANE and TRS19

Many Thanks Heinrich 505. I was able to apply all changes but at point 8 when i click on the loco nothing happens.
Simon

Majortom,
When you open the Trainz tab, you will have to click on the question mark in the Trainz tab. This lets you edit the engine that has been chosen. When you do that, you should see a box that lists the engine pop up and you will see Automatic Fireman, which will show true. You click on true and it toggles to false.

Hope that helps.

Heinrich505

Any more Route Sessions available for Hinton Route?

:wave:Good morning all,

I have the Route too, glad to hear and see the problem and modifications needed to resolve.. 😎

Was wondering are there any additional sessions for Hinton Route...????

Over new years I upgraded TANE to TRS19 and haven't had a chance to play with Hinton yet.... Due massive 4500 faulty and missing assets.

Now that I've cleared it all up etc. Will see how it works on my New ASUS ROG laptop....

:wave:Good morning all,

I have the Route too, glad to hear and see the problem and modifications needed to resolve.. 

Was wondering are there any additional sessions for Hinton Route...????

Over new years I upgraded TANE to TRS19 and haven't had a chance to play with Hinton yet.... Due massive 4500 faulty and missing assets.

Now that I've cleared it all up etc. Will see how it works on my New ASUS ROG laptop....

Quinnimont Coal Drag

Back