Moving T:ANE Local Files to TRS2019.

shebashetan7

Hi all,

I plan to upgrade to TRS2019 from T:ANE soon. I wish to have all of my local TANE content in the new game. How would I move all of my locally modified TANE content library to apply to TRS2019?

Hi all,

I plan to upgrade to TRS2019 from T:ANE soon. I wish to have all of my local TANE content in the new game. How would I move all of my locally modified TANE content library to apply to TRS2019?

IMO... For your 'Locally Modified' content use the TANE Content Manager, export as CDP to a local file, then drag the that file into the TRS19 Content Manager. Once there, if there are any missing dependencies, you need to download them in TRS19, don't try to copy them.

When moving "modified" routes, in CM simply right click on the route file and select create cdp. Then right click on the route asset again and select 'view dependencies recursively' and create a cdp from those which show as modified. Always check 'open for edit' after installing the cdps and revert all to original.
cheers
Graeme

I used a more techy method using Trainz Util to copy assets in from my T:ANE install where I opened up a bunch of assets for editing. I sorted by author and opened up 50K at a time.

The process still took 4-days and I still missed assets. In the end I had about 30 faulty assets needing simple repairs.

In my TRS2019 directory, I typed this in a PowerShell command prompt (Windows 10):

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]./trainzutil installfrompath F:\TANE_DATA\editing

[/FONT]

The data folder layouts for T:ANE and TRS2019 are pretty much set up the same. I could copy the folders marked original, local, and editing in the T:ANE folder and paste them in the TRS2019 data folder. When I start up TRS2019, I should run a database repair so that it recognizes the content from T:ANE. Hiawathamr told me that on the TCC discord. This process will mess up any DLS assets on my machine; they would no longer be eligible for multiplayer, but I don't use the future.

Back