Who is Working on What? (UK Content)

The Black 5 looks absolutely stellar Ron! It certainly shaping up to be an amazing locomotive!

I've been silent for a while since I've been caught up on working out the kinks in the Southampton Project and I have started on a few locomotives to fill out the Withered Arm Route I am working on updating.

Here's a list of what I am working on at the moment:

GWR 9400 Class 5% Complete

GWR 1600 Class 5% Complete

GWR 1000 Class 10% Complete

GWR 4300 Class 25% Complete

GWR 4900 Class 10% Complete

GWR 6800 Class 10% Complete

GWR 7800 Class 10% Complete

LSWR B4 Class Finished (Texturing WIP)

LBSCR E1 Class 20% Complete

LBSCR E2 Class 0% Complete

LBSCR K Class 30% Complete

SR S100 USA Tank 35% Complete

SR Standards:

SR Maunsell U Class 25% Complete

SR Maunsell N Class 20% Complete

SR Maunsell V Class 10% Complete

SR Maunsell W Class 10% Complete

BR Standards:

BR Standard 3MT Tank 20% Complete

BR Standard 5MT 10% Complete

I was going to work on a model of the BR Standard 4MT Tank as well, but I don't know what the progress on yours is Ron. I am trying to tackle one model at a time so most of them won't be completed for a while. However, I hope I can learn to master PBR Textures like you have once they are ready for exporting! :)

Tanker46

Nice project list Tanker. I was hoping to eventually get around go some of the BR Standards myself, I could probably help you with the Standard 5MT since parts are common with the Black 5. Also the pipework and smaller details could get very tricky.

As for the 4MT 2-6-4T I wanted to work on it this summer but conveniently none of them stayed on the LMR/WCML past 1961; probably due to the wealth of Stanier, Fowler, and Fairburn 2-6-4Ts which the Standard 4MTs were an improvement upon. If I do pick up a 2-6-4T it would be the Fairburn. I’ll see if I can pass the BR 4MT onto you, it would be much much much more fitting for your region.

For longer term projects I want to wrap up the Black 5 so I can modify the mesh to a Stanier 8F, and a new Britannia project converted to a 9F.

That's Awesome Ron! To be honest, I would absolutely love to do a collaboration with you to make the Standard Five. Out of all the BR Standards it is one that is sorely needed to fill in many of the routes in TANE and TS2019.

As for the 4MT, I would love to have a crack at it (with authorized parties permission of course) but I would definitely need some guidance to perfect it. ;) I wonder if you'd be up to working on a Standard 3MT with me too sometime in the future?

I think you should take a shot at the Stanier 3P in my honest opinion. It was a hugely successful 2-6-4T that found its way to many areas of the UK even outside the LMS Network. I was researching the GCR Mainline that Pflindley is working on and discovered that it was one of the most common locomotives found at the Sheds all along the route. It would definitely be worth a look at and I've got the diagrams for it if you want them! :)

Tanker46

I'm continuing to make pre-grouping era rolling stock. I mostly make what I need myself, but occasionally something will take my fancy and I'll make it even though it never would have been seen in Norfolk. I can't offer a project list of things to come because I often don't know what I'm going to make next until about half an hour before I start.

Hi Tanker, I'd love to work with you on some BR standards, and it should be relatively easier than building all of them from scratch given all of the shared components. The 3MT is no exception! I'll consider the Stanier 3P as well, since Staniers have shared components as well.

KotangaGirl it is good to hear that you are doing the most to help represent the pre-grouping era, that too, making most of the assets yourself. Props to you, as that is great work!

Fish

Fish vans in TRS19. I'm happy with how they look, as well as the 12T van updated skins in the back. This time the vans are not as dark and contrasting!

Sometime I will go back and update the wagon underframe library with better meshes, and PBR textures.

Last edited:
Ah! The fish vans are looking fantastic! :) I am really amazed with the weathering done on these vans - looks like they have been hard at work on the ECML! ;)

Out of curiosity, are these going to be TS2019 only or will they be compatible for TANE as well? I only ask as I have yet to fully transition to TS2019 due to lack of processor power.

Either way, great photos! Let me know when you have time how you want to proceed with the Standards Project. I will be doing some in depth research on the Standards as well. I already am looking at diagrams of the 3MT and 4MT Tanks to prepare myself! :)

Tanker46

Tanker46

Last edited:
Shildon

Among other routes, working on Shildon and its yards.
Below, a J27 heads towards Shildon from the northwest while a J21 stands in the setback siding.
Signals and gantry by chrisaw.
Signal Box by Paul of Paulztrainz.

Hello ess1 - regarding post #51. yes, i do hope to put it up to the DLS when it is finished, or rather a portion suitable to upload is finished. Bishop Auckland at one end and Heighington at the other will not be done but I can save the route, then save it as a different name and crop off the unfinished baseboards. I can then always issue the route in versions 2 and 3 with each end added. On completion I will have to try and cull any payware or cloned assets have crept in. The plan is to have a TS12 version and a T:ANE version, as with my BCR Riccarton and Bellingham route already on the DLS.

I am busy reskinning some old DMUs. Class 117, Class 105 and Class 101.

Once completed and If/when I get the go-ahead I'll upload them.

Class 117, LGYP (Lined green, yellow panel)....

BR%28W%29-Class-117-LGYP.jpg

Class 117 LGW, (Lined green with whiskers).
Plain green (a darker green) with whiskers is underway too.

BR%28W%29-Class-117-LGW.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Ray :)

Here's the final Class 117 Green DMU set, Unlined Green with Whiskers.
With a darker shade of Brunswick green.

BR%28W%29-Class-117-3-Car-Set-ULGW.jpg

Who says assets made in version 1.3 are not worth keeping?
Just finished a trio of Class 101 reskins made using PikkaBird's v1.3 asset. :D
If you read this PikkaBird, please may I upload these to the DLS if I can get them to validate?

Reskins-of-PikkaBirds-Class-101.jpg

Thanks Annie :)

I have good news for fans of 1st generation DMUs.

I have been granted permission by author tmz06003 to upload Class 116, 117, 121 and 122s to the DLS.
At the moment I am only interested in doing variations in green livery, but I might look into other colour schemes in the future.
It will be a big job so bear with me and be patient, 1st out will be the Class 117s as soon as possible.

Back