Who is Working on What? (UK Content)

EverTrainz

Electric Blue
Hello all and apologies if this is a duplicate of the N3V thread about content WIP, but this thread is for my own use to determine content to create or abandon.

So – who is working on what content for UK Trainz? I apologize for the gimmie-piggish tone but I have haphazardly started some loco and wagon projects and want to make sure nobody has already done work on them.

Put me down for Mk3 coaches and HST power cars - long term project which I will eventually finish and release .

Good to hear Dave, Trainz has long needed a new HST.

Render from me, haven't touched this one in a while. The predecessor Type 4 is also in development. What I would like is for some HQ sounds for these but that's a concern for the future.

Last edited:
I like to hear about all content, no partiality to one era! I just thought it would be nice to get a thread going for UK content WIPs that others would like to share.

Apologies for being cheeky then Ron. As I mentioned I do pre-grouping rolling stock models only and I'm a reskinner since I can't use 3D modelling tools and I can't learn how due to cognitive problems due to narcolepsy. I learned how to use graphics software before I became ill so while I sometimes struggle a bit I can manage. I mostly make what I need for my own layouts so that covers the GER, M&GNR, NER, Midland, GNR, LNWR and GWR. Since Camscott produced his excellent GCR goods wagons I don't do GCR goods wagons anymore, but I may do some more GCR coaches later.

I am open to suggestions from the Trainz community on what to make next, but please if you can give me a photo or a drawing or an internet link to an image of the wagon or coach so I have something to go on.

I have a few route ideas bubbling around, albeit most are semi fictional and, just for the time being, I have diverted back into MSTS to try my hand once more in that sim.

Sadly most of my recent efforts have been hampered by creative block or issues with TRS2019 which have seen them consigned to the bin.

I'm redoing my Big Bertha Lickey Banker loco for PBR to see how it comes out. At Christmas my daughters gave me a couple of books on the Bulleid 4-6.2 Merchant Navy and Maunsell 4-6-0 Lord Nelson class that I remember from my childhood in Hampshire. I'd like to have a crack at those when I can.

I think pre-grouping carriages would come up splendidly in PBR materials.

From the sound of it there is still a lot of potential for UK Trainz , I was concerned that many creators were making the jump (down) into DTG’s simulator.

Whatever you are working on please feel free to share here regardless of the time or Trainz version. All content is equally appreciated whether it’s a route, reskin, station, script feature, anything.

I have Dovetail's simulator and I don't like it. The control interface is a buggy mess and everything looks like Uncanny Valley.
My present projects include a M&SWJR van, a GER 3 plank merchandise wagon and a Hull and Barnsley van. I'm also tidying up my GNR coaches into a new version to replace those already on the DLS. Progress is a bit slow at the moment though.

Still working on the Lynton and Barnstaple plus a chunk of LSWR and GWR, track is all done mainly working on route critical buildings at present .

Just two routes:
Riccarton Junction BR / LNER / NBR. (On the Waverley Route - junction for Border Counties Line) TRS19 At detailing and testing stage.
Stainmore Railway BR / LNER / NER. Long term project, begun in TANE, but will probably transfer to 19.
Both routes are virtually timeless, as little changed over their life.
Best wishes
Ian

Hello EverTrainz.
Many thanks for the wagons that you have so far produced and to such a high standard too.
I am working on an imaginary route with an ex LNER flavour (hopefully to be released to the DLS) somewhere on the Scottish region of BR set in the1950's.

Cheers, evilcrow.

The GCR project is making slow progress "as usual". Development of the route has been hindered by the arrival of TRS19 and old age eyesight troubles. Hopefully the latter have been minimised by modern surgery but close-up vision remains a problem until I can sort out effective reading glasses. I hope that a new release of GCR V15 will be possible shortly.

My regards to all,

Peter

Last edited:
Dearnby and District V2 (TANE) and V3 (probably TRS19), both fictional.
The Mold and Denbigh line (TANE), North Wales, just before closure c.1960

I'm still striving to finish my Aylesbury to Marylebone project which has suffered a considerable delay due to a combination of health problems and family commitments. However, I'm pleased to report that we're now pretty much back on track (no pun intended) and there has been some good progress lately that pushes the project closer to the finish line. I've also got another little project :)eek: lol!) on the go now too. The former Midland Main Line into Manchester Central from Derby (via Buxton and including the two routes via the New Mills area, one via Hazel Grove and one via the old Skelton Junction.) I've got track laid from pretty much Millers Dale into Central and most of the Carriage Sidings at Etches Park at the Derby end along with Litchurch Lane (as was.) There are some pictures and progress reports available at: http://forum.british-trainz.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3737 if anyone is interested.

Millers Dale

Cheers

Dave

Back