Who is Working on What? (UK Content)

I'm still working on the Swanage Railway, although I confess I haven't done anything with it lately but that's just due to lack of time!

Cheers,

PLP

Nice projects all.

Plymouth to Penzance with all the branch-lines included.
Regards
Bob

I personally like the inclusion of an advertisement on the side of the white house. I think a big part of the railway scene back then was a wealth of advertisements, posters, and propaganda that could be found everywhere where tracks could be found. I have always wanted to create some billboards, large posters, and wall adverts but I haven't found time.

Newquay on my Cornwall route.

TANE-Newquay04.jpg

I am still slowly plugging away at my Nottingham/Trent route, which when (if...) completed will be almost the area covered by Trent PSB, less a few bits plus a few different bits. At the moment the trackwork is complete between Sneinton (east of Nottingham) through to Ratcliffe and Castle Donnington CEGB power stations, and north to Bestwwod Park, Hucknall and Linby Collieries.

I had been alternating between scenery work and building a session based on the real world WTT for the 1980s, but TRS2019 seems to have broken the session...

I am still working on my fictional* GWR/SR (ex LSWR) interchange, in TRS19 now, It started in TS12, then TANE and now TRS19.

When you're over 70 time seems to pass faster and yet everything seems to take longer. Hopefully it will be up on the DLS before I "shuffle off this mortal coil"!

I have thought into the future that I might start (for TRS19) on a DEM-mapped SDJR and/or Victoria to Brighton line - both 1930s or earlier. In the case of the latter, I would start off at the Brighton end and may even concentrate initially on the Brighton to Kemptown passenger/goods line (as I went to school next to what had been Kemptown station - it was only a rundown goods terminus by then). Following the Lewes line eastwards, just after the line to Kemptown branched off southwards there was also another short branch line this time northwards to the abattoir, but retrograde (i.e. from Lewes not from Brighton). Until I had completed the other lines further outwards from Brighton, I would add portals to provide background traffic (northwards to London, westwards through Hove and eastwards through Lewes) and then develop northwards to Preston Park,.Hassocks, Haywards Heath, Balcombe/Ouse Valley etc. At each major stage, I would then upload to the DLS.

However, if anyone is developing, or interested in developing, a DEM-based SDJR or Brighton Line route, or part of either, I would be happy to cooperate.

Peter.

* GWR/LSWR (and so GWR/SR) cooperation almost has to fictional as they were such bitter rivals!

Last edited:
Evening Folks,

I know its been a long time since I last posted any screenies but I`d just like to state that my project of `oldyfying` the ECML back to around the early 60s` era is still ongoing. I hope to post some snaps shortly but was just wondering which site is best for this - I do miss the hosthenpost site, what happened to it?

To summarise progress:- Newcastle & Gateshead 95% complete, Tyne Yard as at the pre commisioning period i.e. as a construction site with the temporary BR manual box at Lamesley, Low Fell sidings, Engineers Storeyard, & Team Valley Industrial Estate railway, semaphore signalling between King Edward Bridge & Aycliffe, Goods Depots at Forthbanks, Birtley, Chester Le Street, Plawsworth, Ferryhill, Darlington Bank Top, Loco Sheds at Gateshead, Durham & Darlington, started work on Northallerton incuding `reinstatement ` of all platforms & Ripon line, old layouts completed on Pilmoor, Tollerton, Beningbrough & Skelton jnc along with yards. I`ve also included the Collieries that were once in view of the ECML:- Ravensworth (Allerdene), Chester South Moor, Thrislington & Mainsforth along with their assiciated nice filthy spoil heaps just to add more atmosphere.

I should also mention that after working with the TRS 2012 version I tried TRS2019, migrated the ECML layout over & it has worked a treat with only the odd object & spline having to be re installed manually.

Looking forward to uploading screenies in the near future.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

That sounds like an interesting project BOGIEMAN. Hostthenpost is gone, but you can create an account and upload on many hosting sites. Imgur or Flickr work well.

Hi robd,

A time ago I started using Opera as my site and discovered for whatever that trying to load up my site to look I couldn't. However when I go back to Microsoft the site comes up fine and can look through the whole thing and all the various slideshows for each line.

That Black 5 looks good, probably the best looking Black 5 model yet seen in Trainz judging by the screenshot! I like the very realistic looking black texturing.

Rob.

That is looking terrific. :mop: Reminds me a Black 5 appeared in my dream last night.
Hmm! I've no doubt there's some obscure Freudian explanation for the appearance of a Black 5 in your dreams!

Rob.

Back