Change consist priority after leaving portal

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Here's the thing...
After making up consists and giving priority 1 status then saving to consist menu for use spawning from portals, they emerge as priority 2.
Frustratingly I am experiencing derailments for high speed trains [priority 1] when directing them to a priority 1 track at a junction.

/----->--------- priority 2/3 [Freight/ stopping trains]
--------->------------------------- priority 1 [default path track priority 1 for High Speed express]

Incidentally it is a 4 track section 2 up 2 down.

Portals were introduced to the route purely as express services between point A to point B non stop.
Am I missing something or can portals only produce priority 2 consists?

Thanks in anticipation.
Val.

One possible way around your problem would be to add the Priorityz driver command to the consists command list after they emerge from a portal.

One possible way around your problem would be to add the Priorityz driver command to the consists command list after they emerge from a portal.

How many times have you dug me out of a hole Pierre! Your suggestion once more solved my problem. Cant thank you enough, it was driving me crazy and tried so many alternatives before posting to forum. Should have posted it earlier and saved me a days frustration.

No problem, always glad to help. I seem to recall other posts on the issue of consists emerging from portals with their priority levels altered but since I never use the priority setting and rarely use portals, the issue did not really concern me.

Back