Just some thoughts . . .

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
I check the Trainz forums probably 40 times a day. Here at home on my desktop. On my iPhone whenever I'm out running around. If I'm on a trip or vacation on my Laptop. Some of you may ask, "Why?"

Mostly I suppose I check the Forums to see if anyone left any nice comments on any of my threads. Reading those good comments and "thank you's" give me nice brain dopamines. But I also enjoy helping others out by answering questions and offering solutions to problems or issues. Using my Trianz experience to assist other "Trainzers" gives me a good feeling as well.

Sure I get annoyed sometimes at some comments, PM's, and emails, especially when someone practically ORDERS me to make an asset. Sometimes, I am just plain rude to people, and I will apologize for that. I am old (72), and my health isn't near what it was ten years ago. I'm a heart attack and cancer survivor. I get riled up sometimes; sometimes easily if things don't go smoothly or if I get too far off my routine.

Why am I even writing this thread? Because I just want to say that in my old age and retirement the Trainz game and these Forums mean a lot to me. I feel like I kinda belong here with the rest of you, especially a lot of you "old timers" who I have come to look upon as friends. I just want to say "Thank You" to everyone and I hope you'll bear with me if I get a little crabby sometimes. After all, I am a

Crabby Old Geezer!

Dave Snow

Dave
You are welcome and thank you for your never ending service to country and the Trainz community.

Jim

I check the Trainz forums probably 40 times a day.

Only 40 times a day, you really are slowing down :D

You have no need to apologise for or even explain the reasons for your posts in these forums. Your inputs and views are always welcome even if we (or I) don't always agree with them. After all, these forums are for posting opinions, views and idea as well as providing support, posing questions and promoting discussions - to all of which you have made valued contributions.

Crabby Old Geezers Rule!

Good evening Sir Dave Snow,

YOU are a ICON, in the Trainz Community, and very well respected and we are grateful for your service to the Nation. your letter is heart warming, it says so much about the person you are.

Absolutely your are part of the Trainz Community I think that goes without saying, and being Cranky, well, aren't we all sometimes..........Heck, that is just being human. ;)

And thanks God in Heaven your still with us after the Heart and Cancer issues!!!!

You OLD Geezer, I hope your with us for a long, long time..........:wave:

Sir, there are a very small number of authors whose new assets I will download immediately​, without even previewing them. You are one of them. Thank you for all your efforts.

Also, don't worry about any perceived crabbiness. If I may borrow a line from The Gumball Rally (1976):"Well Smitty, some things get meaner as they get older."

Last edited:
Always well thought of Dave, even if its not always revealed. Chin up and keep smiling. I too look up the forums many times a day. So your thoughts are not alone.
Cheers,
Val.

A huge THANK YOU to you Dave for everything you have done for us, it's all very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Craig

... davesnow, thanks a lot for all the creations and tips and grumbles and enthusiasm and advice and ... being you ... most respect ... have a healthy and nice and long live ... i enjoy your presence ... every day ...
grtz
daveric

Hello...
I'm new since last Oct with TRS19. As soon as I started viewing the forums it was evident that your contributions were important to Trainz'ers. I'm 66 but I've never had to battle a major disease. You've beat cancer AND a heart attack and you are still able to do what you love. What a blessing that is.

Dave,
I always look for your creations first as I know they are top shelf. Thanks for all you have done.

From a fellow Air Force vet (70-74) 449th BW & 374th TAW.

Well said Dave. Good for you on fighting and don't give up. You're entitled to be a grumpy old geezer with what you went through. I get grumpy too, but I'm a lot younger and tell people I'm just practicing for when I get older when they tell me so. :)

Your great content resides everywhere on my routes whether it be a mere little house to one of your boxcars, tanks, or hoppers. This content not only looks good, it works well even in TRS19, which is what we all want.

Dave,

As someone who has read most of your posts and have downloaded most of your assets I would like to again say thank you. As fare as grumpy, you have right to be who ever you want to be. There has been times reading your thread that I have said to my self,

"Dave's not going to like that" and who can blame you. No one likes to be told how to have fun. Main thing is just keep being you and stay with use for many years to come. The most important thing is enjoy what you doing. Dave, Thanks again, Don.

Thank you, Dave, for all the amazing assets you have created for all of us trainz lovers, very much appreciated mate, well done.

Joe.

Well said Mr. Snow. I do not create assets as you but I do updates routes for TANE so I do understand your satisfaction with giving other members the means of enjoying this hobby. I have been hanging around here since I first found UTC so it's been awhile. As I tell my grandchildren I'm getting older, I've been old. As a matter of fact I'll be 74 in 5 days. I too have a zipper from my surgery but lucky for me no cancer. We all have our good and bad days but you seem to have more good days here on the forum than bad. So I too will hang around here here until I can't hang no more. Take it one day at a time and thanks for all your efforts.

Not long ago, I was on the YouTube Chat while watching a Trainz video. Someone, I don't remember who, figured out I was the Dave Snow from the Trainz Forum and proceeded to tear me limb from limb, making very disturbing remarks about my age, my assets I make, and calling me outright names. I got the impression it was another Trainz user who has it in for me for some reason. (What the hell did I do???)

Probably some ULTRA-perfectionist. All my life I've had to deal with those kinds of people. People who will go to great lengths to "fix" something when only about one in a billion (if any) people will ever notice it. "A perfectionist is someone who takes great pains and gives them to others."

As a former Senior Graphic Artist (yep, an old Mac user) I once had a boss who would change something, JUST BECAUSE HE COULD!! It was infuriating, it wasted my time, and it only showed what a dumb-ass he was!

Sure, I took pride in my work, and spent a lot of time doing the best job I could do. I was praised for my work, won awards, got lots of pats on the back. One time at a staff meeting this guy wanted to know what "FYI" meant! Holy ****! And this guy was a Vice-President of Marketing!!

Good night folks, I'm going to bed.

BTW (that stands for "by the way") Thanks for all the super nice comments!!

Dave

Late to the party , but .. Dave . Your work is vary much liked by myself . And I'd dare say by more then you or I could ever know a count to boot . I also have had people go off on me on the web the and forums here and other forums . I have the beleaf that they do this because of a for the most part , we'll never meet . So there never any real repercussions of such action . And to cause pain has been made so easy to do on the web .

1. It's hard , but the fact is that your work is seen all over , and in so many post . Those who don't like your work .... Mean's there just inherently dumb , and should be ignored . see
2. I thank you , Knowing exactly all the time and dedication it take . Again Thanks
3 For myself , I will be doing something , anything with trains till I die . As long as able .

Matt

PS loved the bit about BTW . is so hard to understand . LOL yea I know the other use

Last edited:
Back