Difference/Advantage to TRS19 Portal?

1611mac

- - . -
Llearning about portals for use with AI trains... I have four TRS19 portal's working (set next to each other), two spawning and two consuming. A 2 track AI main line so to speak. But does't it make more sense to use a 2 track tunnel/tunnel entrance and 2 Portal Basic tracks? Two TRS19 portals sitting next to each other isn't very prototypical. :) Is there any compelling reason to use the TRS19 portals in a "TRS19" route? Just want to make sure before I rip them out and re-do with a two track entrance.

I have not used it (as I rarely use portals) but there is an Un-Portal Rule (<kuid2:117746:1024:10>) that will allow you to use trackmarks as portals. Just add a trackmark as a virtual portal and then add the Un-Portal rule to the session and configure it.

Thanks for that pware. I actually did this very thing two days ago. I tried looking at (and using) the various portals. But since my portals are "buried" anyway I used a standard "TRS19" portal but then though it through and realized two single portals side by side wasn't very prototypical. The trackmarks and Un-Portal Rule is definitely an option. I just didn't know if there was a good reason to use a "new" TRS19" portal over the others... it appears their is no difference (other than some opitons in setup.)

Unportals tend to be fussier than regular portals, especially for long trains. The basic portals seem to work as well as the old tunnel ones. Sooner or later, you will probably be in despair over the portals behaviors.

Back