Does a track road spline exist?

belgian46

Hello,

Does anyone know if a track road spline exist? If yes, what is the specific name?

If it doesn't exist - can it be made?

Here is a screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/not6v0baj2d9ay6/2019-02-19 113326.jpg?dl=0

I have used the Trmwy bridge curve 02 and placed a tram on the tracks. By using the c+RN TG04 1 way 2 lane traffic generator carrate 4, cars are riding on the green section of the trmwy bridge curve 02 asset.

It is a solution, but I prefer using an asset where tracks and roads are available within the asset.

Kind regards

Kurt :wave:

I did some looking around for you, and I found roads that have tracks, but they are tracks and the only way to add in active traffic is to place an invisible road just as you have.

I did some looking around for you, and I found roads that have tracks, but they are tracks and the only way to add in active traffic is to place an invisible road just as you have.

Hello John,

Thank you for your reply :Y:.

Can you give me the name of one those roads with tracks?

Kind regards

You're welcome, Kurt.

Here's some that I found I had installed:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid:122285:1306> AJS 3'6 Cat-64 Street Tram Track (8m) - Andi06

And here's the opposite.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid:122285:1306> AJS 3'6 Cat-64 Street Tram Track (8m) - arrayal

For this you need to place the rails in the center median. There's some good rails only available of various builds. The newer procedural tracks are highly recommended.

There is probably a lot more. I recently did some deleting and cleaning up of my installed content and this is what I came across.

Both should be on the DLS.[/FONT][SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

You're welcome, Kurt.

Here's some that I found I had installed:

<kuid:122285:1306> AJS 3'6 Cat-64 Street Tram Track (8m) - Andi06

And here's the opposite.

<kuid:122285:1306> AJS 3'6 Cat-64 Street Tram Track (8m) - arrayal

For this you need to place the rails in the center median. There's some good rails only available of various builds. The newer procedural tracks are highly recommended.

There is probably a lot more. I recently did some deleting and cleaning up of my installed content and this is what I came across.

Both should be on the DLS.
[SUB][/SUB]

Hello John,
Thank you for cooperation :clap:. I already had some assets from Andi 06. However Arraial has some assets - which could be leading in the right direction.

Kind regards

Hello,

Does anyone know if a track road spline exist? If yes, what is the specific name?

So here is a quick description of what your are trying to accomplish, and how to do it;

Under the road spline tool look for any road that says 'No Traffic', then draw your road.

Under the railroad track spline tool, look for 'Invisible Track', pick one that is a single line.

Carefully place the invisible track on top of the no traffic road.

Under the Trains tab pick a vehicle instead of a railcar in the menu and place it on the invisible track.

You can now 'Drive' the vehicle on the invisible track that was placed over the road. You can also use the AI to drive that vehicle.

Last edited:
So here is a quick description of what your are trying to accomplish, and how to do it;

Under the road spline tool look for any road that says 'No Traffic', then draw your road.

Under the railroad track spline tool, look for 'Invisible Track', pick one that is a single line.

Carefully place the invisible track on top of the no traffic road.

Under the Trains tab pick a vehicle instead of a railcar in the menu and place it on the invisible track.

You can now 'Drive' the vehicle on the invisible track that was placed over the road. You can also use the AI to drive that vehicle.

Hello Christopher824,

Thank you for your extra information :clap:. I will do some tests using your method.

In my route I have some area's where trams and cars are using the same road.

Here is a picture of an example : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wcmkibir2d47n9/2019-02-22 124915.jpg?dl=0

What I simple dislike with the situation is the following : cars and trams are on the same road and cars are riding through the trams or vice versa. I am also experimenting with ATLS.

However, probably it would be better to have a track road spline where trams are riding on seperate tracks and cars are using the road lanes.

Kind regards

I think there is a way to adjust the offset of the vehicles, meaning whether they drive on the inside or the outside of the road. If I am remembering correctly, this is helpful for making tram lines in a road so that the Carz don't drive through the trains, which I hate too.

I think there is a way to adjust the offset of the vehicles, meaning whether they drive on the inside or the outside of the road. If I am remembering correctly, this is helpful for making tram lines in a road so that the Carz don't drive through the trains, which I hate too.

Hello John,

That is interesting. Time to start some extra experiments with the available assets.

Kind regards

Back