Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: My TRS19 U.S. Standard Gauge Procedural Track Project

Bob, Thank you for the time taken to make the Tracks. Cannot imagine it was easy.
    Yes putting shader to ultra fixed it on my end.
    Kenny
    Tane SP3 94916
    TRS2019 98592
    Windows 10
    Join Date 2 11 2003

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by smash View Post
    Bob, Thank you for the time taken to make the Tracks. Cannot imagine it was easy.
    Yes putting shader to ultra fixed it on my end.
    Kenny
    Kenny:

You are more then welcome!

I knew there would be some "teething pains" with this TRS19 but didn't imagine it would be as difficult to develop TRS19 PBR track as it turned out to be. This was the most difficult Trainz content project I have ever done - and that is saying something here! Of course it didn't help that I had to learn Blender from scratch while doing this at the same time. On the brighter side this project taught me a lot about PBR development, track development and Blender which I am going to use the develop more TRS19 PBR specific content items such as structures and bridges for my routes as I upgrade them top full TRS19 standards.

I doubt however I will ever do another track project from scratch as its just too time consuming of a project. I'll let others use my Blender files to do that instead.

Bob
    Master Sergeant/E8, U.S. Army, Retired (1972-1993)

Of course it didn't help that I had to learn Blender from scratch while doing this at the same time
    Just like my Mom told me about her learning to swim. Her brothers threw her in the pool and said sink or swim. And they meant it.!

Kenny
    Tane SP3 94916
    TRS2019 98592
    Windows 10
    Join Date 2 11 2003

For those who want to see my new TRS19 SAP U.S. Track in action on a route I would suggest you download the newest version of my Progressive Rail Jesse James Line <KUID2:439337:102147:3> route from the DLS. It became available for download from the DLS today and has my new track on it.

Note: As this is a PBR Parallax based track you must have your shader quality set to Ultra for the track to appear correctly.

Bob

United States of America, Delaware, Dover

Thanks for the track and route.

Harold

Thumbs up

Wow....Does that Track look nice........I'm finishing doing my Yearly Taxes for Uncle Sam this weekend (GRRRRR) , but when I finish, you can be assured I will get the updated Route.......

Thank you for your hard work Master Sgt........I would think that with all the documentation, pictures here, and the interest it has spurred across the Forum, many forum members will benefit greatly from your experience and teachings.....Well done Sir........

BTW to go with that new track I have been producing build 4.6 PBR textured based bridges that are now available for download on the DLS. I expect in time virtually every bridge my routes used will be updated in this way, including Ben Dorsey's.

Note: With each bridge release I am including all the Blender projects files for that bridge. No excuse now for you all not to be creative and produce lots of variations of these bridges.

Bob

United States of America, Colorado, Colorado Springs

Thank you for your efforts. I am seeing significant moire patterns with your new track at medium distances. The effect is not seen with Jarrah track on the same route. Any way to get around this? Would love to use the track.

Quote Originally Posted by pitkin View Post
    Thank you for your efforts. I am seeing significant moire patterns with your new track at medium distances. The effect is not seen with Jarrah track on the same route. Any way to get around this? Would love to use the track.
    Sorry, but I have no answer for you on that one, nor do I understand why that happens.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by MSGSapper View Post
    Sorry, but I have no answer for you on that one, nor do I understand why that happens.

Bob
    Normally you get a moire pattern who two patterns that have some portions of them that are transparent ( like a the grid of lines or circles in a net curtain ) are placed on top of each other , if the patterns move you get moving changing line patterns.. I imagine that the tie lines on top of the gravel bed or combos of the tie lines and track are creating the effect . But I'm speaking from experience of creating light installations for art installations and light shows, so there may be better explanations that are due to 3D model making .
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    Normally you get a moire pattern who two patterns that have some portions of them that are transparent ( like a the grid of lines or circles in a net curtain ) are placed on top of each other , if the patterns move you get moving changing line patterns.. I imagine that the tie lines on top of the gravel bed or combos of the tie lines and track are creating the effect . But I'm speaking from experience of creating light installations for art installations and light shows, so there may be better explanations that are due to 3D model making .
    Thanks for that answer!

Unfortunately I just don't have the experience to be able to deal with this graphic issue. This was an extremely complex project that took a long time to complete. It also took a lot of juggling to get everything just right so it would all work together. Because of all this I am very reluctant to start fooling around it with once again lest I screw something else up.

Of course if someone wants to take a look at the Blender files I provided with all of this and come up with a solution I will cheer you on.....

Bob

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

I just released the San Diego and Arizona Eastern Railway. I used MSGSapper's new procedural track for the entire route, and I'm very pleased with it. It does have a moire effect, but that's mostly in Surveyor. The moire effect is significantly reduced in Driver.

Thanks for your contribution,
    Joe

Screenshot of interference lines. Not complaining, just illustrating:

The maps by msgsapper are wonderful but unfortunately the interference lines of the tracks are making me dizzy and I have to change the tracks to use the maps.

Regards
    Swordfish

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
    The maps by msgsapper are wonderful but unfortunately the interference lines of the tracks are making me dizzy and I have to change the tracks to use the maps.

Regards
    Swordfish

Yes, and the unfortunate thing is that the game requires a new route if the track is substituted. So sessions will not work without editing the config file.

I have a suspicion that these lines and other issues have to do with PBR. Old track never showed this to my knowledge. In addition to the interference lines, the ballast seems to "run ahead" of you on tracks farther away as it is being rendered.

Also notice the distinct set of "regions" of track as you move away from the view point. This is not an object drawing setting issue, as the train cars are rendered just fine.
    Last edited by pitkin; May 27th, 2019 at 05:49 PM.