My TRS19 U.S. Standard Gauge Procedural Track Project

• kuid:645812:5162 - Protrack U.S. 132LB FB, Rusty, Single rail only
  • kuid:645812:5163 - Protrack U.S. 132LB FB, Shiny, Single rail only
  • kuid:645812:5164 - Protrack U.S. SG, tie (single)
  • kuid:645812:5169 - Protrack U.S. SG, checkrails

Nice! Thanks for these. Kind of like an expansion pack! :wave:

Andrew

Have new textures for the U.S.132LB track with a browner version of the JR rail texture.

taned_050.jpg

Didn't feel like doing a new version so the textures override the old.

http://www.chainsawjunction.com/image/rail.tga

http://www.chainsawjunction.com/image/ballast-b.tga

http://www.chainsawjunction.com/image/ballast-b-normal.tga

Those go into the <kuid2:439337:102588:1> SAP Protrack U.S. 132LB Standard Gauge Track Mesh Library

Do whatever you want with the textures.

Also works in TANE.

sap_tane1.jpg

Thanks for the great track.

Harold

Last edited:
THANK YOU *****SO***** MUCH FOR THE NEW TRACK.
Lack us US prototype track was driving me nuts.

H.Fithers

You are more then welcome! I know what you mean as this was the driving force behind this project to provide a real U.S. track for Trainz.

BTW I am in the last stages of creating a brand new TRS19 U.S. 132LB Flat Bottom rail track with tie plates and spikes. This will have 3D PBR textures and the ballast bed will look a lot better then anything currently available in TRS19. The rail ties will also be more prototypical (ie; 7” x 9” x 8.5’ spaced 19.5" center to center). FYI the information for the ties came from the Railway Tie Association Website at:

https://www.rta.org/faqs

Creating track for TRS19 has proven extremely difficult. The main problem was with integrating the PBR textures. I was wondering why all the ballast beds that came with the TRS19 track in TRS19 had virtually no ballast beds at all. Now I know why. To maintain compatibility height wise with all other existing track you must be willing to make trade offs in order to maintain the correct height. The PBR textures complicates this meaning you must either have a very low bed or be willing to sacrifice prototypical height of other components such as either the ties or the rail. Balancing all of this in a way that kept everything looking good was a real challenge. BTW this new track is no longer based on ProTrack at all. I have had to redesign a lot of the meshes from the following location to make all this work correctly.

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Build_Procedural_Track_for_T:ANE

Here is a screenshot of my new TRS19 track:

TRS19-SAP-Track-Screenshot.jpg

Hopefully this new track with its variations will be available sometime late next week.

When this project is complete I intend to make all my Blender project files available to any content designer who wants them if I can find a website willing to host this zip file package download.

Bob

Last edited:
Here is a screenshot of the same track but in snow mode:

TRS19-SAP-Track-Winter-Screenshot.jpg

I think you all will find this snow mode much better then my previous effort.....

Bob

Phase II is now complete. I have uploaded the TRS19 PBR track mesh library to the DLS today with a separate matching PBR ballast texture. Tomorrow I will be uploading the other parts, after the mesh library goes online.

In the mesh library you will find a sub-folder called "blender_files".

All my Blender 2.79 project files for my track mesh library are contained in the "trs19_sap_track.txt" file in this folder.

Before you can use this file you must do the following:

1. Rename the "trs19_sap_track.txt" file to "trs19_sap_track.zip".

2. Now unzip the files to wherever you want them on your SSD or hard drive.

I am providing these files with the understanding that I will provide NO technical support of any kind for them. You are strictly on your own with them.

You may use these project files as desired, and no permission from me is needed. My only restrictions are that any content item you produce with my Blender project files must be uploaded to the Auran DLS only and must be freeware. Other than that have fun!

Please post comments, feedback or bug reports in this thread.

Between Phase I and Phase II this project has taken almost seven days a week of my time for almost two months. I hope I never see another track project like this, ever! :)

Now back to the fun stuff.....

Here is a screenshot of the new Phase II TRS19 track:

Upcoming-TRS19-SAP-Track-Screenshot.jpg

Bob

Last edited:
Now available for download on the DLS:

TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny
KUID:439337:103196
kuid_439337_103196.jpg

TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny, No Ballast
KUID:439337:103407
kuid_439337_103407.jpg

TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Shiny, Track only
KUID:439337:103409
kuid_439337_103409.jpg

TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Rusty
KUID:439337:103414
kuid_439337_103414.jpg

TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Rusty, No Ballast
KUID:439337:103416
kuid_439337_103416.jpg

TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Rusty, Track only
KUID:439337:103417
kuid_439337_103417.jpg

PBR Ballast 2
KUID:439337:103422
kuid_439337_103422.jpg

Note: Matches the above track ballast when used at lowest scale setting.

Feedback and screenshots of how it looks on your route would be most welcome!

Enjoy!

Bob

With permission of MSGSapper I am creating a few "addons" or "extensions" to his set of tracks.

Addons-matching-MSGSapper%27s-Protrack-U.S.-SG.jpg
Two more thingies added:

Protrack-addons.jpg

Indeed; a standalone piece of track. Could of course make that with by just putting down a short spline, but that would not make possible to tilt them (that easy) or use it as a commodity.
Due to the poly count (the highest LOD is 6668 triangles), I decided not (yet?) to create a pile of tracks as a commodity, because that would take me over 10k with just two tracks. People that like to create a pile of tracks on their wagons are of course free to do so; put the attachment points 27.85cm above each other.

The list of addons made with MSGSapper's meshes and textures is now:

• kuid:645812:5162 - Protrack U.S. 132LB FB, Rusty, Single rail only
  • kuid:645812:5163 - Protrack U.S. 132LB FB, Shiny, Single rail only
  • kuid:645812:5164 - Protrack U.S. SG, tie (single)
  • kuid:645812:5167 - Track section 59ft
  • kuid:645812:5168 - Protrack U.S. SG, track section
  • kuid:645812:5169 - Protrack U.S. SG, checkrails
Most of the above assets are uploaded as build 3.6, so TS12 users should be able to download and use them without trouble.

Problem with your track

I'm getting ties for the track that doesn't have ballast, but I'm not getting ties for the track that does have ballast, as evidenced in this screenshot.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I'm getting ties for the track that doesn't have ballast, but I'm not getting ties for the track that does have ballast, as evidenced in this screenshot.

I am not sure why you are getting this on your route. After reading your's and buci's message I went to my Progressive Route which I just upgraded to the new track and took the screenshot below which does not show that problem. The track I used was the shiny one. I also looked at another route where I had placed the track and also did not see this problem. Don't know what to tell you at this point since I cannot replicate the problem at my end:

Progressive-Route-Track-Screenshot.jpg

Bob

If stuff doesn't show up try a "Rebuild Database".

When "repainting" the disappearance has happened with track with a mesh library.

My only idea.

Harold

If stuff doesn't show up try a "Rebuild Database".

When "repainting" the disappearance has happened with track with a mesh library.

My only idea.

Harold

I take it you are not seeing this problem yourself and everything looks fine at your end with the track?

Bob

I take it you are not seeing this problem yourself and everything looks fine at your end with the track?

Bob
It happened when I "reskinned" the track.

Also had disappearing ties with other track and your other non-pbr track when changing the "rail" tga.

Don't think the game can adust to changes in the mesh library. The Database Rebuild always worked.

Not a fan of any of the PBR tracks, too much moire effect with the ties.

Your first track is the best available for TRS2019, love that track.

Usually Rebuild Database after adding things.

Harold

Last edited:
First of all, I would like to say that this new track is the best procedural track that I have used to date. I'm currently working on two new routes, and I've replaced the LRW procedural track with the new SAP track. It looks great. However, I tried downloading the latest version of the track ( TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes-Left, and, TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG Mesh Library) from the DLS, and while everything looks OK in CM, the track doesn't show up in Surveyor. Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Thanks,
Joe

Back