Reverting to Silver from Gold..

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Having already subscribed as a gold member I find that it is unnecessary to acquire the monthly FCT offered with the subscription. Having previously purchased an annual one.

Could someone advise me the process required to cancel gold and subscribe to silver, the latter not offering a monthly FCT as far as I can see. Is it simply to cancel the gold at the end of the monthly subscription period and at the same time subscribe to silver? This seems to me to be the logical process, though I could be wrong.

Thanks in anticipation.
Cheers,
Val.

Yeah, that's basically how it works really. Wait until the gold cancels itself out completely, then once its cancelled, then start the silver subscription (that's usually how downgrading from one edition works anyway, maybe someone else will come by with different results).

I believe you will also lose the TRS19 program as well when the gold expires. You do not get a copy of it with the silver edition.

I believe you will also lose the TRS19 program as well when the gold expires. You do not get a copy of it with the silver edition.

Never realised that, thanks.
Looks like I am going to be stuck with FCT double up for the next 10 months then!

Silver has a FCT as well anyway. Also per the store, "Existing owners also receive $2/month off their Membership fee while their existing FCT remains active." Not sure how you would get that discount if it hasn't already been done automatically for you.

Last edited:
You don't actually have to cancel anything by the looks of it. Go onto MyTrainz > Memberships then use the Change Membership option.

Be aware that Silver also includes a FCT as well.

Shane

Also if you want to have TRS19, you may want to use your 25% discount in the store to buy a copy first as you will only get 10% discount with Silver.

Also if you want to have TRS19, you may want to use your 25% discount in the store to buy a copy first as you will only get 10% discount with Silver.

A serious consideration, purchase outright rather than monthly subscription. This relates to quite a saving over a 12 month period.
I notice in the store the purchase price shown is $US70 I might ask if this is the discount price, as you mentioned, or does a discount apply to this price?

While yes you can get TRS19 cheaper with the 25% discount code, it really isn't saving you much of anything really. I done the math, but will do it again just to show what I'm even talking about.

*Please note this is all done in USD dollars

69.99 - 25% = 52.4925 + 14.99 = 67.4825

So the total is $67.48...
So really you are saving $2.51....

(I done this as people think its cheaper with the 25% code applied, when really its the same lol)

Peace

While yes you can get TRS19 cheaper with the 25% discount code, it really isn't saving you much of anything really. I done the math, but will do it again just to show what I'm even talking about.

*Please note this is all done in USD dollars

69.99 - 25% = 52.4925 + 14.99 = 67.4825

So the total is $67.48...
So really you are saving $2.51....

(I done this as people think its cheaper with the 25% code applied, when really its the same lol)

Peace

Yes, but when comparing with paying a monthly subscription there is a saving which, on the surface, looks enticing.
The cost, as you have mentioned, will be $US 67 but when you compare that to, say calculating a twelve month subscription at $US 14.99 over 12 months. Then the saving is quite significant.

14.99 x 12 = $US180 [rounding up].Throw into the mix fluctuating exchange rates for $AUS and it may even be a greater saving.

Therefore it seems logical that an outright purchase of TRS19 becomes a viable option.

I made the calculation when the software was available:-
As I have "lifetime" FCT, there's no financial advantage with silver or gold membership - apart from the early release...
I know that the FCT normally has to be activated, is the silver/gold FCT the same? If so, can you keep the monthly ones?

I wish I could donate all the odd tickets I've been given.

Collapse n

Back