Merge a session?

Yes I know you can merge a session layer into other layers. I have two modules each set up with their own session to test AI operations. I created a blank route to make a connection between the two modules and merged each module to either side of it. This was all fine and worked ok. What I would like to do is merge the two sessions attached to each module to save time redoing the session for both modules. Any ideas or suggestions or not possible. I know if you open the module and merge any route the session stays with the first route but you cant merge the session from the second route.

I tried it once and it didn't work well...

I did what you did. I took a route and merged it into another one, but because I did so much work with the session I merged in, I didn't want to lose all the setups and careful placement of the wagons around the route.

The sessions merged okay, meaning the process went fine, however, the end result was rather amusing. I ended up with a bunch of locomotives, freight wagons, and passenger cars out in a cornfield along with others at the bottom of the sea. These weren't even close to their original location on the original route where they came from. When I viewed the setup in the map-view, I noticed that the consists had kept their original positions but were located many, many miles from where the route portion had been merged in.

What I surmise is the session keeps track of the physical location of the wagons in an X, Y type coordinate system. Since the merger has moved the X and Y in position to where it was originally, these assets end up out of place.

I had a similar experience with trying to point a complex session to a new slightly modified route. There was a string of cars that looked ok, but then when you tried to move them, there was a derailment. Turns out that there was a car in the string in the same place as another car. Also, when I tried to edit some track, this unbelievable mess of twisted track seemed to "rise from the depths".

Last edited:
Back