canceling membership: installed payware = not active

zsuda

gemmipickin'gimmepiggy
after trying out an one month silver class membership i decided to cancel: it didn't satisfy me, because the offered content vault didn't interested me and i already possessed so many locs, rolling stock and routes ...
knowing that the choices, made in this free month, would be removed ...
and now i have missings in my own route: diorama - Expo Loc'M19 ... 6 locs have the same common payware, which is not active ... of course it also affected other routes which use those locs ...

- is this to solve by auran / n3vgames via this thread ?
- do i have to submit a ticket at the helpdesk ?

grtz
daveric

installed-payware-%3D-not-active.jpg

Not had anything to do with subscriptions but I suspect you may need to remove the inactive installed payware from the packages folder as the payware versions even though inactive are overriding the originals?

Subscription membership might be like membership of the EU? Once you are in there is no way out?

Touche…

This is not the place to get into a political discussion but all I'll say is Brexit is the biggest bells up in UK history for many years, from the whole idea of having a referendum to the actual execution of it.

Perhaps N3V also an offshoot of the Mafia. They do reckon once you are in, there is no out - except in a box...

Back OT, the OP dilemma is exactly the issue anyone with a Silver or Gold subscription is going to find. Once that content is tangled up in your own routes (as N3V still CBA to institute a means of identifying it in the Surveyor list) you're stuffed once you leave their little pyramid scheme.

Unfortunately, the FAQs for the memberships do mention the exact issue mentioned by the OP.

From the Membership FAQ page:
What happens if I cancel my membership?

• You can cancel your membership at any time.
  • When you cancel, you continue to have access to everything you are entitled to until your membership period expires.
  • After your membership expires, when you next log in to Trainz your DLC items will show as “Not Active”.
  • In the case of Trainz access, it will say “Not authorised” when you try to log in.

It's one reason why it's always worth reading the FAQs before signing up for the membership.

Shane

Unfortunately, the FAQs for the memberships do mention the exact issue mentioned by the OP.
But the FAQ doesn't mention that the stuff you no longer have access to was originally downloaded from the DLS, and could be downloaded again if you could just figure out how to get rid of the payware version.

Have a locomotive that I bought from JR that won't work because of the "not-active" dependent problem.

N3V is a real clown car with no logic in their decisions to steal assets from creators.

Would never subscribe so the "not-active" has nothing to do with subscriptions.

You can't get rid of the "not-active" status.

Harold

But the FAQ doesn't mention that the stuff you no longer have access to was originally downloaded from the DLS, and could be downloaded again if you could just figure out how to get rid of the payware version.

Indeed - I also noticed that. Not sure whether it's an oversight or whether N3V prefer people not to use that method.

Shane

Indeed - I also noticed that. Not sure whether it's an oversight or whether N3V prefer people not to use that method.

We're more than happy for people to use the DLS; that's why we host it. Regarding the problem at hand:

* Yes, you'll probably want to kick the payware packages to the kerb. If you have no authorised payware at all, then this is trivial - just move your entire 'packages' folder out of your trainz 'userdata' folder, and then run a database repair. If you have some payware that you want to keep (such as the packages which come with TRS19, or etc) then this gets more tricky as you either have to know which packages to remove, or you need to be willing to redownload the ones you want.

* We're aware that this is less than ideal. We have a lot of ideas for improving the purchasing, downloading and management of content packages. Right at the moment that's on a bit of a backburner as we have other things to work on that we feel are more directly useful to the majority of our users, but it's definitely something that we intend to improve in the longer term.

* One trick might be to check the dates on the various package folders (ie. in Windows Explorer). I'm honestly not sure whether this will work, but if you downloaded all the TRS19 packages on one date, and your Silver packages on a later date, it might be obvious which packages are which from the file dates alone.

* Failing all else, contact helpdesk with a list of your installed packages.

chris

You can track them down by using Explorer and search for the kuid of the Inactive route or DLC, must search in the format xxxxxx xxxxxxx xx as in just the numbers.
So say you are looking for SnC Carlisle Skipton which is <kuid2:69379:100014:14>
You search for 6939 100014 14 which finds kuid2 69379 100014 14.tzarc
Which gaves the location as path to wherever your userdata folder is \userdata\packages\sc379\content which gives you the folder(s) to remove, in this case all those labled sc379. Windows can't search for : <> etc. It's good on just numbers though ;o)

thank you all for replying

... in the meanwhile, without reading this thread, i did some experiences ... expanding my skillbuilding ...

... i find out (knowledgebase) what the id's are of a dlc pack for trainz ...
... i find out (contentmanager) that the next routes were installed and not active:
Balezino - Mosti, Russia = sc 368 - sc368f_0 - sc368f_1 - sc368s
Settle and Carlisle Routes = sc379 - sc379d - sc379f - sc379p - sc379s
* SnC Carlisle Skipton
* SnC Craven District
* SnC Ribblesdale
* SnC Vale of Eden
* SnC Yorkshire Dales
... i also find out (explorer: trs19\userdata\packages) that on the same date of starting membership (04-01-2019) several other packages were installed ... my choices in jan + feb (?):
sc083 - sc083p = CSX Transportation - GE B30-7
sc234 - sc234p = SNCF - AGC Languedoc
sc264 - sc264p = Union Pacific - GE C40-8
sc408 - sc408p = Victorian Railways Type 2 DD Class Pack
sc409 - sc409p = DBuz 747 Passenger Cars Part 1
sc410 - sc410p = GP38-2 ATSF HP TANE 2 Locos Set
sc455 - sc455p = CO17-1471 (Russian Loco and Tender)
sc457 - sc457p = CO17-3173 (Russian Loco and Tender)
sc469 - sc469p = Tnfrhs Refrigerator Wagon
tdd054 - tdd054p = LMS Princess Coronation Set
... so i deleted all those packages and did a database rebuild ... restarted pc .. started game ... runned contentmanager ...

... there were missing dependencies: some available for download and an unknown asset ...
... although the settings were right i couldn't download assets "available for download" ..
... the originally not-active-asset <kuid2:523:1972911:2> N&W Y6B was now "unknown asset" .. with tki i found on a russian siate a dep-package .. with cdp-explorer 2.1 i extracted the needed asset ... after install there were 116 errors (!) ... so i deleted it .. after deleting it shows up as "available for download"... which i couldn't download ...
so ... tomorrow is another day .. to download ... or having fun ..

grtz
daveric

login-succeeded-%3D-unable-to-download-%3F.jpg

116-errors-in-auran-asset-%3F.jpg

I am having a similiar problem where I can't download from the DLS due to my login details even though it accepted them. I think something is wrong with their servers(again).

We're aware that this is less than ideal. We have a lot of ideas for improving the purchasing, downloading and management of content packages.
It's doesn't need more thinking about. Items that are on the DLS should never get marked as payware. It's simple. It should not be on the backburner. It sends a message to Trainz users about the future direction for user-contributed content which is completely contrary to the original business model.

I am having a similiar problem where I can't download from the DLS due to my login details even though it accepted them. I think something is wrong with their servers(again).

Yup. It's not related to this issue and we are suffering from some "technical difficulties".

It's doesn't need more thinking about. Items that are on the DLS should never get marked as payware. It's simple. It should not be on the backburner. It sends a message to Trainz users about the future direction for user-contributed content which is completely contrary to the original business model.

Indeed. I said this before, more times than I can count. This messes up a lot of things as we've found.

I agree, items that are on the DLS at the time the package is built should never be marked payware. That suggests that the item was not on the DLS at the time the package was built. It may have been uploaded since, or it may in fact not be available on the DLS at all. (Please don't confuse this with the case where an older version is on the DLS, but the payware includes a newer version which has not yet been released as a free download.)

chris

Back