Objects that aren't there floating in mid air - ghost trees

horacefithers

I apologize if this is a duplicate post. I searched using the forum search engine and using Google but didn't see anything.

Last night while working on a somewhat large/complicated route, I found there were several tree objects (non-spline) floating 50 or 100 meters in the air above a farm field.

I tried to select/move/delete/getinfo them but was unable to do so.

I saved the route, exited surveyor, and started it again. Now the trees were gone.

This was not the first time I've seen such behavior in Surveyor but I have no clue what I did that caused them to appear (other than plant hundreds of st_xxxx "fir" trees in the area (and thousands along the route).

Cheers,
H.Fithers

I apologize if this is a duplicate post. I searched using the forum search engine and using Google but didn't see anything.

Last night while working on a somewhat large/complicated route, I found there were several tree objects (non-spline) floating 50 or 100 meters in the air above a farm field.

I tried to select/move/delete/getinfo them but was unable to do so.

I saved the route, exited surveyor, and started it again. Now the trees were gone.

This was not the first time I've seen such behavior in Surveyor but I have no clue what I did that caused them to appear (other than plant hundreds of st_xxxx "fir" trees in the area (and thousands along the route).

Cheers,
H.Fithers

This is a known issue which occurs from time to time. It's been reported ages ago. The good news is the UFO trees disappeared.

This happened to me last night, I was planting trees on my Scottish route, moved my viewpoint back to see what they looked like and noticed three trees floating in the air over water some distance away.
Moved over to where the floating trees were and as I approched they vanished, moved viewpoint back and they re-appeared, could not delete them.
I finished my dram of scotch and went to bed. :hehe:

Opened the route today and they had gone.

I remember this happening a long time back and thought it had been cured.

(note to self, don't drink and Trainz)

Back