How does one know what route a session is for before downloading

harpman

I'm looking for new scenarios for some of the Trainz 2019 routes. There are scenarios on the DLS, but some of them make NO attempt at telling one the route they were developed for. How does one know when a scenario is titled "Log Run" or "Fuel Delivery" what route it is destined for? Why don't scenario authors (and some do nicely) not identify which route their scenario fits with?

Maybe it's something I am missing or don't understand??

Normally downloading the session will also download the route. Don't know if that helps at all. :D

Perhaps that's the motivation for an author not telling us what their scenario is for? Personally, if I don't want routes and all their dependencies, that makes this option difficult. Kudos to those who identify what routes their scenarios apply to.
:confused:

You can look for version 5.3 sessions to run. They would be for TRS22. Bob

Last edited:
You can also start downloading the session, and when the status changes from on the dls to missing dependencies, open the config and determine the kuid of the map-kuid. Then look up what route that is. I wish there were more session developers, and that they would identify the route accordingly in the title.

Or, the route itself should show up as a dependency/

Last edited:
I agree, route-builders should clearly identify whatever sessions they have linked to their route.

However, it's not impossible to track them down.

Once you have downloaded a route, I've found by right-clicking on that route in Content Manager, then select "List Dependants" it should show all the sessions associated with it. Then download those.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Roy

Back