American Intermodal Trainz 2019

The trains will work, but I'm not sure about the container machine operation due to the scripts. The route its self will need to be updated first by replacing any Pofig Trees with something else. The old Pofig Trees are created in an older Speed Tree version, which has no upgrade path thanks to IDV who wrote Speed Tree.

I took the route and merged it into another much bigger route, removed the container yard and made that into an incoming yard, added in some branches, and extra industries. The setup around there alone keeps me occupied for many hours as I service the incoming trains, replace the locomotives, and send the trains on their way.

I've read some people have it working in TANE anyone verify that? I figure if it's working in TANE it'll work in Trainz 2019.

I've read some people have it working in TANE anyone verify that? I figure if it's working in TANE it'll work in Trainz 2019.

That would be great and hopefully it's true. I could never verify that and I had heard there were "problems" with the big cranes and the container yard.

Yes that's true. If it works okay in T:ANE, it will work in TRS19. That's how it's suppsoed to be and for 99.99% of the content it has been true so far.

The Mijack Translift 1200R, included in the JR American Intermodal package, is really what's of interest here.
I can confirm that this works in TANE. Takes some experimentation in setting it up, but can be made to work reliably.

As John pointed out, we would then expect it to work in TRS19 build 98592, and such is ALMOST the case.

There is a hard-coded 60 second delay in the script after session load before the MiJack starts up and you can see the diesel exhaust.
Once you see that exhaust, the MiJack will work, and keep working for the entire session.
Now here's the catch: simply end and restart the same session and the MiJack WILL NOT START.

No matter what is done, the only way to get it working again is to rebuild the database. Even removing and replacing in session edit dosen't help.
TRS19 is obviously doing some asset data caching that the MiJack does not like.

Since this is one of the coolest scripted assets in all of Trainz, one would hope that JR will "fix" the script - shouldn't take much, very close to working now.

I use the IM assets all the time in my routes in Tane, by making all my container yards with it operating.
Cheers,
Mike

I can confirm The Jointed Rail American Intermodal works in TANE, this was taken a couple days ago. It is definitely one of the coolest things for Trainz in my opinion!
2019-02-09-162111.jpg

Hi
Read post #5 for your answer.

I have AI in TRS19 and updated it with new trees, procedural track and PBR textures but I couldn't get the animation to work.

After reading post #5 I've just spent a couple of hours running a full database repair and the animation now works. How long this will last is still unknown but a full database repair isn't an option every time I want to run a session because of the time it takes.

Regards

Brian

I have read in the Forums, that since T:ANE and TRS19 have come onboard, that scripted assets do have an issues in regards to Time sharing restrictions written into the newer Versions of Trainz, where performance is more primary item of intent, so some longer running or more intensive Scripts will time out or not run correctly in the way they were Coded.......This might be what is occurring here......

Some of Assets from other Authors will not run at all or run funny under either of the the latest Trainz versions, some of them being Industries, can't remember which ones at the moment, but since I'm not a Code Script Writer, short of contacting the Author, I just had to delete them, since some of the Authors were pushing up Daisies if you know what I mean.......

Post #5 is the answer of one person's experience of having problems in Trainz 2019. Also some people are saying it works in TANE some are not.

I wish a developer from Jointed Rail would chime in.

Hi again

I've just got back and fired up TRS19 and AI again. The Mijack refuses to animate this time. Tried a database repair but still no go so it looks like it will have to be a full database repair to cure it. With the amount of assets that I have installed this will be a couple of hours again just to get it to work.

There are no script errors reported so I don't know what it is causing it. I've noticed that TRS19 seems to suppress some of the timeout errors such as the ARN issue. I have locos that time out on ARN in Tane but appear to work fine in TRS19 so perhaps whatever they've done is affecting other scripts in a detrimental way.

surrfcandy - It works as it should in Tane for me but there are now 2 of us reporting the same issue with it in TRS19. I don't think there is much chance of JR repairing it at the moment as they don't support TRS19 yet.

Regards

Brian

Last edited:
Hi
Read post #5 for your answer.

I have AI in TRS19 and updated it with new trees, procedural track and PBR textures but I couldn't get the animation to work.

After reading post #5 I've just spent a couple of hours running a full database repair and the animation now works. How long this will last is still unknown but a full database repair isn't an option every time I want to run a session because of the time it takes.

Regards

Brian

Brian, thanks for confirming my observations.
Here's something that will get everything working without a database rebuild:
-Go into CM and search on "mijack"
-Open edit Config.txt
-just close the editor and then submit edit, will take a few seconds.
close CM if you want, the session will run OK.
Unfortunately, this has to be done every time before running the session.
This will fix all sessions using the MiJack until you run any of them, then rinse and repeat.
This work-around is much faster than database rebuild.
Best Wishes, Ken

Hi Ken

Thanks for the tip. A 2 min edit in a session followed by a 2 hour database rebuild made it impossible to build a session.

Regards

Brian

I know this thread is old, but I am unfortunately having a similar issue. I can't edit the config file because when I attempt to do so, I am given an error stating I have no permission to edit the file, therefore preventing me from opening the asset for edit and summiting changes to fix the scripting issue. I think it might have to do with TRR as that's where I actually got the crane from.

I can try to help, unfortunately my PM box is full and I am not willing to delete archived messages :-/

Back