Can't Delete Track - Forgot The solution?

boleyd

I have a section of track that can't be moved or deleted. I suspect that it is causing some issues with an AI track that is near it. There was a proposed solution that I cannot find now.......

Hi

Make sure there are no locos on the track or near then copy and paste a section of blank baseboard over the affected area.

Steve

It is quite clear of any vehicles or other track. This has happened before. In-fact I have a ghost track section in a route that is from TANE and now in TRS19. I have looked beneath the track and found some selection circles but deletion did not help. I suspect that if an active track is too close to the ghost it effects AI, or appears to.

Unfortunately, the "bad" track matches the ground ballast I prefer. I saw odd AI if the new track is close to the "stuck" track. I had a train enter an occupied siding under AI control. That no longer happens with the new track further from the "bad" track. I'll just bury it.

I have had luck in the past by connecting a good track spline to the bad one, then adjusting the spline height above the ground level, then smoothing and deleting it.

I have also found that sometimes when I thought it was a track spline, it was actually an invisible road spline... Ooops

Back