Naming bookmarks

mjsalman

Does someone know if it is possible to rename bookmarks or is one forced to accept the default names of bookmark1 to bookmark10?

Does someone know if it is possible to rename bookmarks or is one forced to accept the default names of bookmark1 to bookmark10?

I tried and set some bookmarks. I have never used them before. I tried to rename them, break them, and any other thing that could be done, and no... it looks very static with the square boxes just highlighted with no thumbnail in them, just highlighted that they have been set.

The good thing is that once you set one, you can clear it. There are some other settings that once set, can never be cleared. Glad it's not one of those.

A method you can use that gives you unlimited "bookmarks" is to drop something like a small station sign in a spot you want to remember and give it a name with the "?" tool. You can also name an existing object the same way. When you want to go to that spot, use the "Find" (Ctrl-F) function, look it up, then click on it. You are taken there right away.

Bill

A method you can use that gives you unlimited "bookmarks" is to drop something like a small station sign in a spot you want to remember and give it a name with the "?" tool. You can also name an existing object the same way. When you want to go to that spot, use the "Find" (Ctrl-F) function, look it up, then click on it. You are taken there right away.

Bill

I have tried that with very limited success. So I named an object, then used the 'Find' function in the menu and it finds nothing. The 'Find' menu item rarely ever finds anything that is user named. Usually it must be an asset that is already named. Here is one example where you can see the named object in the map in the top left corner of the route, but when you try to 'Find' it you get nothing;

find asset 01.jpg

find asset 02.jpg

I agree with Bill on this I've never used bookmarks as I always name objects where available so that I can find their location later. Industries are always nameable.

Ken

EDIT. Just a thought I only use TANE so if this is TRS2019 it may not work the same for some unknown reason.

Last edited:
Back