Anyone want anything Irish???

I'd also like an 8100 class. Domsarto made one but the files got deleted after a computer crash.

IT would also be nice to have the Dublin-Belfast Line in Trainz, as well as the line to Rosslare

I did not know that! I knew Domsarto was working on it but I didn't know that had happened, damn that was unlucky. I haven't realy heard from him on any of the forums so thats news to me. I'm not too sure if I could do make one though as Domsarto put alot of work into his.

I believe Rjhowie is working on a line from Belfast to Dublin aswell as the the current NI Railways. As for Rosslare, I'm already working on that from Rosslare Harbour all the way to Dublin, currently most of it is complete bar the Wicklow Mountains Stretch.

201 Class is very nearly done, first livery produced wil be in the new Enterprise Livery with other liveries to follow. Mk4s would be a great addition to the Irish Scene so I'l add that to the list. The 22000 is already in working progress.

Thats great to hear pfx, should be good to have

A few years ago I built a route called 'Irish Industry'. It included a barley factory and a brewery connected by a 20 mile single track line. It even had original place names - like Armoy, Dunloy, Culnady, Clady, but it was all fictional. I used pictures downloaded from Internet, as I never been to Ireland. But thanks to this route I can go there anytime I wish. Trainz knows no borders.

As regulars will know or should (!) I did the whole of Northern Ireland Rlys then extended beyond Newry and the Border onto IrishRail. I have all the track right down to Dublin Connolly and every single station on that Enterprise route. Have included the Howth branch completely as well but haven't decided to bother with the branch from Drogheda station away out west to Navan as that only operates freight trains and the passenger side no longer active. Stopped for a while due to health issues and wondering I had attempted too much with the Enterprise Express effort between Belfast-Dublin. Now been trying to get back to the scenery as that is in place except for a groaning gap north of Drogheda to soth of Dundalk. However now crawling again (!) what would be great would be an Enterprise express engine and coaches seeing that my ambition has got me where I am. Having buit so much off and on I really must not let that scenery gap between Drogheda and Dundalk put me off. Once done my massive ambition will have a fairly large Trainz project for the island of Ireland re the NIR and IR. Anyone who is not aware of my project can visit my site but do keep the Enterprise Express in mind!

Bobby (trying to get back to Irish ambition)
www.northernirelandrailwaysim.moonfruit.com

As requested the Enterprise is very nearly complete with only afew textures and script work to be done

Good for you FiachraIR.

I hope to be over Ulster for a hoped for encouraging short break and a run on the Enterprise down to Dublin. Now as I try to improve things for myself personally there will eventually be a route on Trainz to run your project so well done.

I did not know that! I knew Domsarto was working on it but I didn't know that had happened, damn that was unlucky. I haven't realy heard from him on any of the forums so thats news to me. I'm not too sure if I could do make one though as Domsarto put alot of work into his.

I believe Rjhowie is working on a line from Belfast to Dublin aswell as the the current NI Railways. As for Rosslare, I'm already working on that from Rosslare Harbour all the way to Dublin, currently most of it is complete bar the Wicklow Mountains Stretch.

201 Class is very nearly done, first livery produced wil be in the new Enterprise Livery with other liveries to follow. Mk4s would be a great addition to the Irish Scene so I'l add that to the list. The 22000 is already in working progress.

I found out on British-Trainz. And I'm glad to see you're making Rosslare to Dublin.

As for the 8100, there can be more than one of the same class by different people. Just give it a shot when you finish both Dublin-Rosslare and the 201 Class: in my opinion, all that matters is if the model works, doesn't cause lag, and has no bugs.

Hello hholdenaz,

What I am back to it the largest Trainz effort for the island of Ireland. Firstly the NIreland Railway which cruelly lost more railways than anywhere else in the four parts of Britain. It took me ages and I even flew over there from Glasgow as part of the project. My extension south into IrishRail is a furtherance of my ambition and as indicated I have all the scenery for that part of the Belfast-Dublin Enterprise Express route except one area! All the stations as I also said from the Border to Dublin Connolly are in place and the only place with missing scenery is that lengthy chunk just south of Dundalk to a mile or two north of Drogheda. You will also see if you visit my site that the branch line north of Dublin city to the small coastal town of Howth is also complete with scenery too. After a considerable break for non-Trainz reasons I am slowly getting back to that part that needs scenery seen to and to avoid putting me off I have brought some hill scenery boards slightly forward but not too close not to be put off.

I must honestly say that the branch off the main Dublin line to the west of Drogheda has been something I to date not felt too taken on with adding as passenger services long gone and occasional freight trains only. What I have to date is the largest project for Ireland and if anyone has not visited my site then please do and get an idea of all the time and effort involved.And when FiachraIR produces his great effort on the Enterprise Express then there will be a main route to run it on.

Thanks for that hholldenaz. Don't like giving in even re health as it has been such a large and challenging project with me living in Scotland.

Thank you! :cool:

I'll take a bottle of good Irish whiskey and a few pints of your best ale please.... :O)
A pint of Guinness for anyone who downloads my route! and a bottle of Powers Whiskey for each nice review! :D I'll be having plenty this Paddy's day!!

A pint of Guinness for anyone who downloads my route! and a bottle of Powers Whiskey for each nice review! :D I'll be having plenty this Paddy's day!!

I have your route, SE Ireland P1 1938, installed and it's one of the best routes in Trainz by far! Should I pm you with my address in order to receive the above mentioned refreshments? Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Rob.

Mighty generous of you, FiachralR, but my laptop just went doen with a corrupted bios, so I am now in transition. Hopefully to a gaming desktop that will do your route justice! Cheers! And an early Happy St. Paddys Day to ye!

And could I trouble you to post your website, Fiachra IR? I'm sure I must have a link saved, but I'll be darned if I can find it, and Google is no help at all. I'd love to get your route from above... Thanks!

Do you happen to have the D.S.E.R No. 15 ? It's a 2-6-0 loco and only two were ever made.

Hi Dizzle, The engine is already on the DLS but only in GSR, CIE and RPSI Liveries. If you search the DLS for GSR K2, CIE K2 and RPSI K2, it should come up. I do plan to upload it in DSER livery at some point soon but I'm just very busy with other projects.

And could I trouble you to post your website, Fiachra IR? I'm sure I must have a link saved, but I'll be darned if I can find it, and Google is no help at all. I'd love to get your route from above... Thanks!

Hi Forester, I've never had a website so I'm not sure if I'm the person you're thinking about. Domsarto had a website for all his Irish content but that has since disappeared. Rjhowie still has his website showing his progress of building NI and Enterprise route however it has not been updated since 2018. And steveflanders also has a website called jatws/ing4trainz.org for irish narrow gauge and british broad gauge. I do have a back up on jatws but its very outdated. All my content is released to the DLS as freeware.

Back