Is the Boxed Edition of TRS2019 Available?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I don't see a choice between downloading TRS2019 and buying a boxed edition of TRS2019 in the Trainz Store. If you buy it via the Trainz Store, will that be boxed? If TRS2019 ends up being DRM, so be it. If it requires a subscription to run TRS2019, then forget it.

I haven't seen N3V say that there is a boxed version yet and the Trainz Store does mention it's a digital download.

Shane

From what I understand if you buy the digital DL you can upgrade to the box version for the price of S&H. Suppose to of been out last month or this month or?????
Alco_P-A

I have also been trying to get an answer on this one, but i think I posted in the wrong thread. The last word from NV3 that I have seen was that it would be available by the end of January. I had assumed that that meant January 2019. Seems there may have been a hick-up in delivery. S**t happens, but an update would be nice.

Hi All
At the moment the boxed edition is still being prepared by our team; we will hopefully have news soon(tm) :)

We're currently hoping for a late February or March release for the boxed edition, however it is possible that it may still take a little longer than this.

Regards

Hi All
At the moment the boxed edition is still being prepared by our team; we will hopefully have news soon(tm) :)

We're currently hoping for a late February or March release for the boxed edition, however it is possible that it may still take a little longer than this.

Regards

The delay is a bit disappointing, but thanks for the update Zec. I will get on with my other (non Trainz) project, and keep my eye out for the release notice.

Last edited:
Hi All

Regards

Hoping for a update from Zec. Have I missed the announcement. Are we there yet?

The update is we're very close (perhaps even closer than you might think ;) ). There have been a few technical setbacks that simply take time to work through bit by bit.

We'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
Is it true that if you buy a digitail copy of ts19 you can upgrade to a boxed copy for the price of shipping and handling even on a deluxe or platinum version?

Is it true that if you buy a digitail copy of ts19 you can upgrade to a boxed copy for the price of shipping and handling even on a deluxe or platinum version?

Yes, if you purchase the digital version, we will be offering a "Shipping only" option to get the DVD version sent in the mail for the price of P&H.

A question for N3V regarding the above. What is likely to be the status on getting a boxed version for gold subscription versions of TRS19?

Shane

If a purchaser is only interested in acquiring TRS 2019 functionality, and not the associated routes, sessions and railway vehicles, will there be a cheaper DVD purchasing option that does not include these extras? I recall reading that the boxed set will consist of 2 DVDs, with TRS 2019 functionality covered by the first DVD and the routes, etc, covered by the second. If so, will it be possible to purchase the first DVD alone?

Thanks for the questions - we're working on a news update that will give you all the answers to your questions (and to a few things you haven't thought of yet ;) )

I'm in. I would love to have a boxed version upgrade thank you. Will this version need to phone home?

All indications so far are yes, it will need to phone home (not DRM-free). N3V have stated that unless consumers demand it a DRM-free version won't be provided. Of course anytime someone brings it up the fanboys (hate the term, but it applies here) will shoot the post down since they personally don't care. How else are N3V supposed to hear about the demand I wonder...

I don't believe that it is simply a case of the fanboys (hate that term as well) "shooting it down" (for the record I simply don't care about DRM so does that make me one?). It is more likely a case of the same individuals always bringing the issue up - but that is just my impression. Do repeat posts by the same individuals constitute a "significant demand"?

Ultimately, N3V will have the responsibility (and burden) of making the decision. They may lose a few customers, they may not.

I don't believe that it is simply a case of the fanboys (hate that term as well) "shooting it down" (for the record I simply don't care about DRM so does that make me one?). It is more likely a case of the same individuals always bringing the issue up - but that is just my impression. Do repeat posts by the same individuals constitute a "significant demand"?

Ultimately, N3V will have the responsibility (and burden) of making the decision. They may lose a few customers, they may not.

Meanwhile the same people shoot down the idea of a need for a DRM free version every time it's brought up. I'd argue much more random users bring up the DRM free version than the same ones who contradict it. In my opinion it comes down to the point that this is a train/railroad simulator and while you and I might enjoy it, and I will eventually get '19 DRM or not, far more wonder why one even exists at all. It's not a good business plan to lose any customers and I'm also of the belief that the majority of those who pirate all the games have no intention of spending money on them in the first place if they had to. I hate to risk having too much faith in humanity, but this is a simulator of trains not some AAA game by a major studio which are the major targets.

Back