Bear Creek & South Jackson - progress reports - Building a Mountain Railroad (1080p)

Well, it is "Artificial" Intelligence, after all. Computers aren't smart, they just think they are, and sometimes they have no common sense... :hehe:

You can also use trackmarks for your AI trains as a simple solution. Then you give them the exact way and which track they should take in the yard. Don´t let the Trainz AI do what she want, you have to tell her exactly what she needs to do. Then you can have fun

You can also use trackmarks for your AI trains as a simple solution. Then you give them the exact way and which track they should take in the yard. Don´t let the Trainz AI do what she want, you have to tell her exactly what she needs to do. Then you can have fun

The problem with that is that it's hard to predict when and where opposing AI trains will be meeting. It would be easy to assign the same track resource to multiple trains. A real yardmaster is constantly shuffling track usage to get best utilization of the limited yard resources.

Horace

I have uploaded the current version of the BC&SJ to the DLS. I should be available (N3V validation permitting) tomorrow or the day after.

This versions is still a Work In Progress

In particular don't expect

Finished Sessions

Configured Industries

All towns fully detailed

A parade of well behaved AI trains as track background

Do expect:

105 miles of mainline with scenery and detail

A few trains in yard areas for your to jump in and free drive

Fully signaled track.

Route: <kuid:884720:100340> BCSJ-506
Session: <kuid:884720:100341> BCSJ-506 - Default

More release info at BC&SJ (Bear Creek & South Jackson) under Forums / Workshops - Your Creations / Freeware Announcements

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...South-Jackson)&p=1804042&posted=1#post1804042

If you download it, how about posting some screen shots of the portions of the route you find especially interesting?

Many, many thanks to

JCitron
heinrich505
BlueOdyssey
constart251
jango

For their advice, and QA efforts. Without them the route would be significantly more patchy.

Best regards,

Horace Fithers

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

And we're on our way! :D

BC&SJ Potpourri Video

I'm celebrating the BC&SJ's release with another YouTube video...:)

Regards,
Horace Fithers

Last edited:
Norm, it looks like you're almost to Summit. After Summit you'll go through tunnel 4 and begin the descent along Upper Roberts Creek.

Horace

The transition of terrain and vegetation is far more subtle than is shown in these screenies. I've been across the Sierras and Cascades many times and this route certainly captures the experiance.

So long mountains and hello plains! :D

Back