Bear Creek & South Jackson - progress reports - Building a Mountain Railroad (1080p)

Hi Horace,

I seem to be missing 2 KUIDs from BCSJ-508;

<kuid:68926:8190004>
<kuid:68926:81901100>

Any ideas where I can find them??

DaveL

They are the hf_BCSJxxxxx custom boxcar reskin and are on the DLS.

For dependencies look on the first page of the BC&SJ release thread under Freeware Announcements

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKkZbM2b7FJAAIj5a6mEjzA

Scroll down to the 4th post to find tables of dependencies.

Also present in the 1st post on this page is a high-res (12000 pixels wide) map of the BC&SJ labeled with station and feature names.

Regards,

HF

Magnuson Turn, loading and return to Bear Creek Yard

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

:D

What a way to end the weekend with such great looking pictures Normhart......

Thanks for sharing and making my day.........

And Horace,
:Y:
Thank you for your inspiration too make a Jaw dropping natural looking Route.

The next BC&SJ release is imminent, here are a few screen shots

Sometime tomorrow BCSJ-555-RHR should be available on the DLS.

The biggest changes are:
the double track from East Breton to Salem is now configured for right-hand-running (hence the RHR...)
the portals at Portland, Wishram (on the Deschutes branch), and Pocatello have been replaced by staging (storage yards) because I became suspicious of the portal functionality
The Deschutes Jct. wye has been move to facilitate Oregon Trunk Line trains passing through and swapping blocks of cars.

Expect three files:
BCSJ-555-RHR (the Route)
BCSJ-555-RHR - Default (default Session with no pre-configured trains)
BCSJ-555-RHR-BASIC (a Session with many trains present in the three staging yards and in other places. Note: a number of these trains use JR and K&L payware locos)
Note that there are no pre-configured trains with pre-configured driving instructions. This is still a jump on a train and drive it where ever you feel like it route.

Other changes:
I removed all the Enhanced Interlocking Towers - I couldn't get them to work the way I wanted so out they went. For now anyway.
Fixed some exceedingly lumpy track in the Bear Creek yard's west end drill track
Added more vegetation in the Salem area

(1) Portland staging - 10 arrival tracks on the right (plus mainline), 10 departure tracks on the left plus mainline. Are the signs obvious enough? Tracks are long enough for 100+ car trains. I have no idea what is causing the dark streaks leading off to the left from the front of the Daylight passenger train!

bcsjv_200508-01.jpg

(2) Another view of the BCSJ-555-RHR-BASIC trains

bcsjv_200508-02.jpg

(3) The Salem classification yard with a couple of trains sitting in it. The train on the right is intended to be the Garibaldi turn that runs to Ross Jct., then out the Coast branch. The boxcars go to the lumber mill at the end of the Garibaldi wye tail track. The reefers go the seafood packing plant at Oyster Bay.

bcsjv_200508-03.jpg

(4) Looking across the Salem classification yard toward the passenger station with a couple of passenger trains parked in front of it.

bcsjv_200508-04.jpg

(5) This early morning East end of Salem shot shows some of the sprawl of Salem.

bcsjv_200508-05.jpg

(6) East Breton with St Paul on the other side of the Noname River

bcsjv_200508-06.jpg

(7) Jefferson

bcsjv_200508-07.jpg

(8) Looking across the tracks and past the Jefferson depot where a lot of people are waiting for a train

bcsjv_200508-08.jpg

(9) The Frank lumber complex is reached by following a short branchline from Browning. The hills in the background are being clear-cut with a 3' narrow gauge railroad hauling the logs down to the mill. In the '50s centerbeam lumber cars had yet to be invented. Lumber was hand-loaded into box cars, a rather labor intensive, time-consuming process.

bcsjv_200508-09.jpg

Stay tuned for more in the next installment...

HF

Last edited:
The next BC&SJ release is imminent, here are a few screen shots (part 2)

(10) Looking down the Browning Highway in Browning.

bcsjv_200508-10.jpg

(11) The Browning depot with a bulk oil dealer on the far side of the tracks.

bcsjv_200508-11.jpg

(12) Street trackage in Junction City

bcsjv_200508-12.jpg

(13) Looking railroad east in Junction City. A trucking company facility is in the foreground with the depot farther down the tracks.

bcsjv_200508-13.jpg

(14) Looking railroad west down the Junction City tracks. There are lots of rail-served industries here.

bcsjv_200508-14.jpg

(15) An industrial area in Bear Creek.

bcsjv_200508-15.jpg

(16) A westward freight taking a break in Bear Creek yard.

bcsjv_200508-16.jpg

(17) The Bear Creek ice dock on the left and the passenger depot on the right.

bcsjv_200508-17.jpg

(18) The Bear Creek yardmaster office (left) and LCL freight house on the right. We're looking railroad west.

bcsjv_200508-18.jpg

More coming in part 3...

HF

Last edited:
The next BC&SJ release is imminent, here are a few screen shots (part 3)

(19) Pocatello staging at the far eastern end of the route. I rubber stamped the Portland yard to make this one, explaining their similarity.

bcsjv_200508-19.jpg

(20) Wishram staging at the north end of the Deschutes branch also looks like Portland staging for some reason.

bcsjv_200508-20.jpg

(21) Deschutes Jct (where the Deschutes branch connects with the BC&SJ mainline) has been reconfigured. The wye for turning locos that was behind the depot has been moved east of the depot and it's tail track connects back to the Deschutes branch.

bcsjv_200508-21.jpg

(22) A tiny hamlet grew up around Deschutes Jct. Just a few houses, a gas station and a store. The parked cars are waiting to be picked up by the Deschutes Hauler West (runs from Pocatello to Wishram).

bcsjv_200508-22.jpg

(23) Redland on the Deschutes branch

bcsjv_200508-23.jpg

(24) The Redland team track (foreground) and lumber mill (background on right)

bcsjv_200508-24.jpg

(25) Lumber mill at Redland. Looking south (which is railroad west) down the tracks.

bcsjv_200508-25.jpg

(26) Another shot of the Hines lumber mill at Redland.

bcsjv_200508-26.jpg

(27) The Roller Coaster area of the BC&SJ just east of tunnel 7.

bcsjv_200508-27.jpg

Well, that's it for now...

HF

Last edited:
Horace Fithers,
Thanks for the beautiful montage screenshots of parts of your route. The route is amazing and so nicely done. I can spend time on just parts of the route, enjoying the operations without even venturing much onto the main. You could shunt cars around in Junction City for quite a while all by itself, for example.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. They show off the route nicely. :Y:

Heinrich505

I was concerned that the turns would be a bit too tight for the DD35 both because of the wheel base and the four axle trucks but I didn't see any issues on the east slopes.

:D

I love running this route, it always puts a big smile on my face. I think it is because this is the type of route my Dad would have built if he'd had access to this technology.

Back