Bear Creek & South Jackson - progress reports - Building a Mountain Railroad (1080p)

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Forester, I agree with you about the trees. I'm not in front of my gaming 'puter at the moment so I can't tell you exactly what the kuid or the name is but they are part of the tree library from "st_". Unfortunately for English only speakers the names are in Russian (I think?) so finding what you want is a bit hit or miss. The color problem seems to be with the distant LODs and it's worse when they are backlit by the sun.

pagroove - thanks for the YT subscribe. There should be more on the channel in the next day or two.

Cheers,
H.Fithers

Forester, I agree with you about the trees. I'm not in front of my gaming 'puter at the moment so I can't tell you exactly what the kuid or the name is but they are part of the tree library from "st_". Unfortunately for English only speakers the names are in Russian (I think?) so finding what you want is a bit hit or miss.

This will help you. It's a translation of the Russian name of the trees to English and Deutsch by Dinorius_Redundicus:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?122875-Speedtrees-by-rmm-English-translations&highlight=speedtrees

Railfaning the BC&SJ from Tunnel 2 to Salt Creek

New scenery is (mostly) in place continuing up hill from tunnel 2 (where the previous railfan video left off) to Salt Creek. You'll travel through forests, meadows, and an active logging operation.

Treat yourself to a sneak peak of the new stuff!

BCSJ-map-190331.jpg

As always, if you enjoy the video please click "thumbs up" on YouTube.

Cheers,

Horace Fithers

Back to the Future?

The BC&SJ is nominally a '50s route. However, some of the boyz got in their time machine, traveled forward to the late '70s and borrowed some locos and rolling stock.

Here's the evidence (such as it is)...

1) Descending the horseshoe (or Horaceshoe curve?) with a looonnnggg train with mid-train helpers.

20190405-bcsjv-002.jpg

2) The crew decided to play it straight

20190405-bcsjv-007.jpg

3) Bloody noses above Salt Creek

20190405-bcsjv-009.jpg

4) S-curves or SP-curves?

20190405-bcsjv-014.jpg

5) It's a race?

20190405-bcsjv-016.jpg

Hope you liked 'em.

Cheers,
Horace Fithers

SP is still king to me over UP.........

:D A blessed Sunday to you Horace,

So, I watched your Video, I know, I am behind and trying to catch up, we have that thing called Tax Time for on or before April 15th, it slows things down starting in the end of Feb, due to late paperwork flows from companies, I got mine finished so now I can start catching up with your thread,,,LOL

:hehe: U are killing with SP Livery n trains, I grew up with SP n UP railroads as a kid, and like SP over UP for Color Coordination, except SP wouldn't wash their locos,, it just killed me how dirty they looked, some folks like this, I like a few, but in SP, wow, they had a few too many awful filthy looking Locomotives.....

So you keep bringing those SP's on the Main,,,Route looks majestic, and I really like the MAPS, that helps me a lot as Visual person 90% I would say, I get the picture and it has what I need to understand what your Route looks like and type area.......:p

You are on one continuous roll here Horace, keep up the good work, we all, I think I can say that here, are really enjoying the Run.......:wave:

Cheers.....

Can please back your route in multiple locations even better put a copy on a flash drive in case the worst happpens to your computer. The trainz community has lost way too many routes excellent routes like yours due to computer problems so please for the love of god keep it backed up in many different places.

Good idea. I created a .cdp version (from the content manager) on my NAS RAID-5 cluster (which itself has nightly backups) and a copy on the internet just-in-case.

H.Fithers

I'd also keep a back up on mega.nz which gives 25gb for free as an online back up incase raid fails too many people I've known have been to reliant on raid and it failed them.

I have yet to read through this whole thread, but I REALLY hope you release this route! I am a fan of the model railroad version and would love to run the virtual one. Great work and detail here!

Screenshots east and above Salt Creek

There's some new scenery between Salt Creek and Oakhill. Here are a few new screen shots.

Where is it? Check the map .,,

BCSJ-V-20190418-MAP.jpg

(1) Running eastward not far from the Salt Creek bridge (as the bird flies), but several miles and a several hundred feet higher.

20190411-bcsjv-010.jpg

(2) Rounding the curve just before reaching a high mountain meadow.

20190411-bcsjv-007.jpg

(3) A high mountain meadow

20190411-bcsjv-005.jpg

(4) Emerging from tunnel 3

20190411-bcsjv-002.jpg

Cheers,

H. Fithers

I am similar to yourself . . . . . . . . . . . retired . . and being ambitious with building a TRS2019 US based route . . .. you have certainly raised the benchmark for what a quality route is . . . . .. . . . . congratulations . . . . . . . . . .. . . . I spend a good percentage of my time on my YouTube channel . . . developing TRS2019 tutorials and product reviews . . . . . . . .so my route developing progress is probably less than yours . .. but can I ask how long it has taken for you to get to this point . . . . . .. ?

I look forward to seeing more soon !

render2017
Colin Rayner

YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcHmMtYuY28LK55xLY6J0iA

Back