Bear Creek & South Jackson - progress reports - Building a Mountain Railroad (1080p)

That's weird. You can see images Dan but I can't. I also check on my previous Junction City thread and I don't see images there either.

I tried editing a post and looking at the preview - still no images for me.

Is there some setting in my profile that could cause this behavior?

Horace

That's weird. You can see images Dan but I can't. I also check on my previous Junction City thread and I don't see images there either.

I tried editing a post and looking at the preview - still no images for me.

Is there some setting in my profile that could cause this behavior?

Horace

its not happened to me before, possibly lodge a help ticket, have you tired deleting cookies and refreshing your browser ( i doubt this would work, but who knows ?)

I too cannot see any of your shots Horace, only those by others who likely used the Trainz screenshot server. N3V would not have deleted anything, the text with a lack of photos is identical to when Hostthenpost went belly up.
cheers
Graeme

I just checked a couple of pages (11 & 12) and I can see all the shots you posted there. Were there certain other pages?

I've been using Chrome. With it NO posted photos were showing up anywhere I checked. Strangely, the thumbnail shots for YouTube videos did show up.

Using FireFox the pictures showed up fine on the 3 pages I checked.

I wonder what happened? Sigh...

Horace

I've been using Chrome. With it NO posted photos were showing up anywhere I checked. Strangely, the thumbnail shots for YouTube videos did show up.

Using FireFox the pictures showed up fine on the 3 pages I checked.

I wonder what happened? Sigh...

Horace

ah well, its sorted anyway....... I must admit I stopped using chrome ages ago, too many issues and I prefer to use a browser that is outside the google empire .... Firefox is pretty good overall.

Horace Fithers is Out of Here...

Gents and Ladies,

I installed 109641. Now all (well almost all) roads are messed up diving beneath the ground. Sidewalks have disappeared in a number of locations. Barrier fences have gone walk about.

I'm tired of fixing stuff. then fixing it again. and again. and again.

I'd like to say it's been fun, well back in my early days of Trainz it was.

But I'm done.

N3V, I'm cancelling my membership. I'm out of here. Your software is too rickety for me and I'm no longer willing to put in the time to fix things every time I try a new version (and often times when I haven't tried a new version).

I'm outta here,

H.F.

Gents and Ladies,

I installed 109641. Now all (well almost all) roads are messed up diving beneath the ground. Sidewalks have disappeared in a number of locations. Barrier fences have gone walk about.

But I'm done.

N3V, I'm cancelling my membership. I'm out of here. Your software is too rickety for me and I'm no longer willing to put in the time to fix things every time I try a new version (and often times when I haven't tried a new version).

I'm outta here,

H.F.
That's a great shame , as your work was some of the best around, but it's understandable, the constant messing up of routes and assets by new versions is utterly frustrating , one reason why I'm still on Tane Sp3 , it can take months of work to fix stuff almost every time a new version comes along ... but as I said, I'm sorry to see you depart.

Gents and Ladies,

But I'm done.

I'm outta here,

H.F.

I fully understand Horace. I am almost at the same point, getting totally brassed off fixing things instead of running Trainz. Why would any company allow "texture" files in one version then make them throw up an error in later versions? Why play around with e-specs in every new version and not give a clear list of things that have been changed, and not tested.

Bill69

Last edited:
Bill69, I agree with your last statement. Most software comes with "Release notes" That state what changes were made since the last version. But I don't think even N3V necessarily know what difficulties are going to arise, even with all the testers that sign up to test. For instance, how did two bad tutorials make it through? Did NO ONE even try the tutorials? And the problems are just bad track layout that can be fixed with a couple of extra spline points! Easy fix that was never noted or done. I am waiting to see if SP2 includes these simple little fixes. If not their QC efforts are sadly lacking. I don't expect they have the resources to test and fix every inch of every DLS item, but every inch of Base, Built-in, and DLC (all assets included), should be vetted in every release, or the customers become the involuntary testers. And what happened to the elevation models so everyone has splines and assets hanging in the air? Did they know that was going to happen? Could they not have adjusted that? One last thing, on things like the trees, They knew they were going to break Pofigs and McGuirels trees, so instead of just slamming them all as faulty, why not make them available for bulk replace in the new version? I also see DMDrake's trees turning invisible, so if they know they are going to cause that, there should be quick fixes available. But I should stop, I could go on.... Sorry if I got OT...

@horacefithers:

Any updates for us on your route?

I have only been able to imagine what it looks like since the screenshots have never shown up for me.

Any chance of getting them back?

Rico

Haven't seen Horace around here since he announced he was throwing the towel in a year ago. If you want to see the route go look for Horace Fithers on You Tube. He posted a bunch of very nice videos.

Paul :)

I decided to take a look in to see if anyone was still using the BC&SJ.
I don't know what happened to the pix in this thread. I am not seeing them myself.
The masters are still on the web where the forums should be looking for them.
However, I CAN see them on my home theater computer. Huh???
I was not logged in on that computer.
Could that be it?
I'll logout and see if it helps.
Horace

Didn't help. Pix were not visible on my main computer.
Checked on a laptop. Not logged in. Pix not visible.
Another thing to help me love N3V even more.
Horace

FireFox works for me (but I'm not logged in). I use FireFox on my home theater computer.
Apparently Google Chrome isn't working. Huh?
Horace

Back