Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Bear Creek & South Jackson - progress reports - Building a Mountain Railroad (1080p)

Thumbs up

Great looking pics as always.....

I see the Poly count caught up with you, glad you found the desperadoes.....Who would think a Dumb "the 2-arm telegraph poles" would carry so many Polys in that Asset??????

Applaud your efforts to help with lower Poly Counts.......

AS for GPU's

I went thru my issues with HP Integrated GPU, a horrid and debilitating situation, that almost drove me to the TRAINZ looney bin...

...Finally remedied with 1050 GTI NVIDIA, and I know it is not the most powerful in the GPU speedsters, but I have to watch my Heat and Battery health, so this one works well enough with my ROG Laptop setup....

I like your 11 Gig, card but it would melt this Laptop into oblivion, so you enjoy it for us.....I am jealous with full respect to you.....

Thanks Dan. You wouldn't happen to have kids for those trees?
    HF

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Great looking pics as always.....

I see the Poly count caught up with you, glad you found the desperadoes.....Who would think a Dumb "the 2-arm telegraph poles" would carry so many Polys in that Asset??????

Applaud your efforts to help with lower Poly Counts.......

AS for GPU's

I went thru my issues with HP Integrated GPU, a horrid and debilitating situation, that almost drove me to the TRAINZ looney bin...

...Finally remedied with 1050 GTI NVIDIA, and I know it is not the most powerful in the GPU speedsters, but I have to watch my Heat and Battery health, so this one works well enough with my ROG Laptop setup....

I like your 11 Gig, card but it would melt this Laptop into oblivion, so you enjoy it for us.....I am jealous with full respect to you.....

Lol. The 2080 time sucks 225 watts and I'm not tweaking it... I put a 1000W psu in the system...
    HF

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Horace,
    Really nice screen shots. I always enjoy catching up with your progress. Things are shaping up very nicely.

Heinrich505

Quote Originally Posted by horacefithers View Post
    HF
    You need to thank Norm not me, I just tried searching for the thread he's referring to , but nothing came up, ( I'm on my iPad and nothing on the forum ever seems to work well using that ) but the trees are all updates of trees by other people updated by Harold minky using jvc blueprints , there's dozens of them all added within the last two or three weeks, on DLS .
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

HF
    Found the thread https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...=Jvc+blueprint
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    I know that hminky is eventually going to look into upgrading David Drake's stuff and may have already created some stuff that may be suitable.

As for 50's logging trucks etc.

These are on the DLS
    <kuid:546049:2107> v1_kamaz_les1
    <kuid:546049:2108> v1_kamaz_les2
    <kuid:546049:2090> v1_kraz2
    <kuid:546049:1098> v1_kr18
    <kuid:546049:2127> v1_maz_7_les1 t agach
    <kuid2:73394:25434:2> SWE SCANIA LS111 Logging Truck Green Black
    <kuid2:73394:25435:2> SWE SCANIA LS111 Logging Truck Green Black Loaded
    and may pass for 1950-60 era

and there are these which appear to be 40's era
    <kuid:506034:479346> JR old Mack truck black (no trailer)
    <kuid:506034:479344> JR old Mack truck black (w/trailer)
    <kuid:506034:479349> JR old Mack truck black emty (w/trailer)
    <kuid:506034:479347> JR old Mack truck red (no trailer)
    <kuid:506034:479345> JR old Mack truck red (w/trailer)
    <kuid:506034:756737> JR car trailer logger
    <kuid:506034:756738> JR car trailer logger empty

While payware now JR has a history of migrating older scenery assets to freeware over time.

Edit: here is what hminky has uploaded so far, pines on the left, spruce on the right, and the sole fir in the center. (they definitely look better than what you have shown above.)

Tane Sp3
    More to come as Harold finds time.
    Shame the trucks are payware, it's strange how neglected the US truck assets are , given the numbers of UK cars and lorries that are available, it's weird that nobody has ever bothered to produce a larger variety of US bigger trucks form between the wars, pencil42 has some delightful Mack's and other light trucks , but none suitable for logging outfits of the 30s and 40s. I'd love to see somebody tackle a bigger six wheeler flatbed such as the ones seen hauling wool bales in in the late 20s and 30s in Utah . Still , making vehicles is probably as tricky as doing locomotives , a lot of work for a usually stationary object that gives a lot of atmosphere but can't be driven around .
    Last edited by dangavel; November 12th, 2019 at 05:39 PM.

United States of America, Delaware, Dover

HF
    Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    You need to thank Norm not me, I just tried searching for the thread he's referring to , but nothing came up, ( I'm on my iPad and nothing on the forum ever seems to work well using that ) but the trees are all updates of trees by other people updated by Harold minky using jvc blueprints , there's dozens of them all added within the last two or three weeks, on DLS .
    Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    The re-meshes only look good in TANE SP3/4. Jankvis has tried to eliminate the "moldy" look of the assets in TRS2019 but that is a "shader" problem.

The trees will look good in "Shader Quality- Low" but then everything else looks like Trainz 2006.

Had all but abandoned Trainz because the "speedtrees" always blobbed out at a distance and the billboards looked awful even in TANE.

The distance blobbing is a SpeedTree problem because they blob in TrainSimWorld, but blobbing is the least of that sims problems.

Slowly moving through the David Drake trees, they look good with the new mesh in TANE.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; November 12th, 2019 at 08:32 PM.
    “Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while…”

Tane lives on

HF
    These are the trees shown in the pic I posted.

Fir
    <kuid:450846:25029> JVC:BLUEPRINT Trunda Fir 1

Pine
    <kuid:450846:433> JVC:BP G:Tree 33 Pine 26m
    <kuid:450846:31001> JVC:BP DMDrake Pitch Pine2 10m
    <kuid:450846:633> JVC:NM G:Tree 33 Pine 26m
    <kuid:450846:632> JVC:NM G:Tree 32 Pine 23m
    <kuid:450846:631> JVC:NM G:Tree 31 Pine 17m
    <kuid:450846:31005> JVC:BP DMDrake Pitch Pine2 30m
    <kuid:450846:31004> JVC:BP DMDrake Pitch Pine2 25m
    <kuid:450846:31003> JVC:BP DMDrake Pitch Pine2 20m
    <kuid:450846:31002> JVC:BP DMDrake Pitch Pine2 15m
    <kuid:450846:432> JVC:BP G:Tree 32 Pine 23m
    <kuid:450846:431> JVC:BP G:Tree 31 Pine 17m
    <kuid:450846:25027> JVC:BLUEPRINT E White Pine 30m

Spruce
    <kuid:450846:31027> JVC:BP DMDrake Spruce 1 15m
    <kuid:450846:611> JVC:NM G:Tree 11 Spruce 20m
    <kuid:450846:31026> JVC:BP DMDrake Spruce 1 12m
    <kuid:450846:610> JVC:NM G:Tree 10 Spruce 20m
    <kuid:450846:31030> JVC:BP DMDrake Spruce 2 10m
    <kuid:450846:31029> JVC:BP DMDrake Spruce 2 15m
    <kuid:450846:31028> JVC:BP DMDrake Spruce 2 12m
    <kuid:450846:31025> JVC:BP DMDrake Spruce 1 10m
    <kuid:450846:31008> JVC:BP DMDrake Generic Spruce 2 25m
    <kuid:450846:31007> JVC:BP DMDrake Generic Spruce 2 20m
    <kuid:450846:31006> JVC:BP DMDrake Generic Spruce 2 10m
    <kuid:450846:411> JVC:BP G:Tree 11 Spruce 20m
    <kuid:450846:410> JVC:BP G:Tree 10 Spruce 20m

Some notes on hminky's nomenclature BP = Blueprint = Jankvis' original mesh, NM = New Mesh. I have not looked closely at the differences but have been using NM for my replacement experiments.

Judging from Harold's post above this list will be changing daily.
    Last edited by normhart; November 12th, 2019 at 09:27 PM.
    Dear Louisiana,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

The problem with the trees seems to be build 100240.

Here is a David M Drake re-mesh to Jankvis' latest mesh in build 98562.

There is hope in the latest beta 104261 the trees look great, the other tree is a Forest Summer with the new mesh.

So aggravating to have the problem be the Trainz version.

Harold

Tane lives on

Thanks for the update Harold. Better a Trainz version than an unsolvable error.
    I wonder if they will work in 100484?

HF

HF

HF
    Here try this, need to cleanup the texture because of the "whiskers" at the bottom.

http://www.chainsawjunction.com/fir1.cdp

Harold

Tane lives on

Default Summit Yard

The railroad improvement crew has reached Summit Yard and spent the evening working their magic on the yard and its surroundings. This yard is the highest point on the railroad. Summit tunnel is off to the right.

Here's a quickie screen shot showing a meet at the yard.

The track leading to Oakhill disappears off to the left. The foreground train will soon be traveling the 7 miles downgrade to Oakhill and then beyond to Bear Creek, Junction City, Browning, and finally to Salem where it will tie up.

I spent the past week on Maui (where I amazingly managed to not acquire a nasty sunburn) and returned home around 8:30am this morning after not being able to sleep on the plane. It's now 1:45am the next morning so please forgive me for having only a single shot tonight. There should be more tomorrow.

H. Fithers

Default Summit Meeting on the BC&SJ

The newly finished Summit yard (located at the highest track elevation on the BC&SJ, duh...) hosting a pair of trains trying to get past each other. Train 202 is on the main track heading east toward Pocatello. Train 111 is on one of the 3 passing tracks heading for Salem. The multiplicity of sidings at Summit isn't for switching. Instead they offer a haven for trains which need to set retainers before heading down the 2% grades on either side of this area.

Continuing from my previous post of November 20th...

2) No. 111 at the west end of summit yard. The Summit tunnel is barely visible in the distance.

3) Another shot of No. 111 as it waits impatiently for No. 202 to clear the ladder and give it a green.

4) However, No. 202 is led by a pair of SP-2 steamers (4-10-2's with three cylinders) that are in need of a drink after climbing the grades up to the summit.

5) Magically an office, store and crew hostel have appeared behind the depot at Summit (I was working on the area while I was screen grabbing)...

6) Looking past the depot to where the second SP-2 loco is now getting it's drink.

7) Flash back to No. 111 emerging from the Summit tunnel.

8) Deja vu all over again? Sort of - different lighting and closer to the tunnel. The road the train is crossing leads to the depot (going left) and further up into the mountains, and is a short cut to Oakhill (going right) if one is in an automobile and not a train. The grades and radii on that road would make a Shay or Heisler shudder.

9) Behind the depot with the office, store, and crew hostel. Track side from right to left; piles of ties, speeder shed, water tower, sand house, and depot. I expect the power for No. 202 might have used a bit of sand getting their longish train up the grades.

10) Looking down at the depot from up on the knoll across the tracks from it.

11) From west of the Summit Yard looking toward the east, the main and 3 siding tracks are visible as are the depot and the cluster of activity around it.

If you noticed discrepancies between some of the shots - differences in the placement of stuff and textures - I was continuing to work on the yard while I was doing the screen grabs...

And now to start on re-doing the Upper Roberts Creek area. Again (the previous finished scenery there was wiped out in a database malfunction). This will likely take a while.