JimDep

I haven't touched my password. I open the program on my PC to work on my route and its says LOG IN failed.
I go to reset my password......it still won't open ?!

Why should I have to have an internet connection to open this on my PC ? Where am I going wrong.
thanks...

Freaking ridiculous.

So I go..again...to MY TRAINZ....like the dirctions say. I can log IN on the TRAINZ web site, but STILL can't open up the game on my PC that's been there forever even after having to change a password?

Is this making sense to anyone ?

So much for my relaxing Friday night staying home and working on Trainz. I need a new hobby.

Last edited:
Not sure this will help but if you have not tried, maybe.
Clear username and password close the game completely
reopen and type in user name and password
If this does not work hopefully someone else will come along to help.
Last resort create a ticket to the help desk they may have to reset your access

From memory login always requires an internet connection as it has to connect to the N3V servers. Have you checked that your firewall is not blocking Trainz?

Shane

Not sure this will help but if you have not tried, maybe.
Clear username and password close the game completely
reopen and type in user name and password
If this does not work hopefully someone else will come along to help.
Last resort create a ticket to the help desk they may have to reset your access

Yes, I did do that , thanks. No luck.

From memory login always requires an internet connection as it has to connect to the N3V servers. Have you checked that your firewall is not blocking Trainz?

Shane

Thanks for responding, Shane. No luck there either...and I haven't changed any virus protection software. Are you saying you HAVE to have internet connection to use TRAINZ on a PC ?

If you want to log in (and use the online services), yes (and possibly even on the first run of the game itself). Have you got a DRM-free version?

Shane

All I want to do is open my route and work on it.

My version, TANE SP3 was downloaded originally off of this official TRAINZ web site.

Will it let you load the game in via Start Trainz without logging in? If it's a download I suspect it's not a DRM free version which does have the ability to run offline.

Shane

It won't. Start Trainz....the usual "this will take a few minutes (or moments)" and then the log in fail.

Are you saying because I downloaded this, I have to have the internet to use it ?

It appears so (I know it has to be at least once every 30 days at the least for DRM versions) - N3V will be able to confirm the exact status on that front.

Shane

BTW, there's no reason for my TANE SP3 to be connected to the internet......I'm not downloading anything at this time and don't plan to, unless some new service pack comes out...which I highly doubt, with 2019 out now.

So....now what happens ? I'm stuck for a while ?

Last edited:
You will need to check with N3V but based on my understanding of the system it will require a login in order to be able to continue.

Shane

Wow... I finally was able to contact the "help desk" last night....3 am here. No response yet....but it's the weekend.

So I have to have an internet connection to use Trainz now.

Shane, you're not ok with this are you ? Please say no.

I'm not keen on it but I cannot remember if it's every single time or every 30 days (N3V will be able to confirm that).

Shane

Need to log in every 30 days or thereabouts, think it's actually a bit longer. The only version that doesn't require a login is the DRM free Deluxe version DVD, Standard will always require a log in.

Check your firewall settings. After a recent Windows update my firewall decided it didn't like TADeamon anymore and it caused a lot of problems for me until i found out what had happened.

Check your firewall settings. After a recent Windows update my firewall decided it didn't like TADeamon anymore and it caused a lot of problems for me until i found out what had happened.

Thanks, that's a really good suggestion. My PC has been totally messed up with Windows automatic updates before on Windows 10. I haven't had an auto update recently so that's not the cause this time around.

Update: I was finally able to open Trainz. Doing the same thing I've been doing over and over for the last 24 hours, I typed my user name and password in and ....it opens. Why this time ? Who knows. Will it open next time ? Who knows. Whoopee

I REALLY don't like having TRAINZ being controlled over the internet like this. If they have a problem on their end or decide they don't like you or whatever....they can stop you from opening software that YOU paid for and installed on YOUR hard drive. If your internet is down or you decide to go off line for a while, you can't open TRAINZ on your computer. I don't like relinquishing control like that. Maybe there's a disclaimer saying that your screwed for opening your software if you don't have internet, I don't know , I didn't check. Had I known, I wouldn't have purchased it.

Anyway, it's the weekend and I don't like being in a bad mood. Thanks to all who replied to help. I REALLY appreciate it. I'm sure I'll hear from the help desk on Monday.

Back