Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Silver and Gold Membership

I'm a gold member too and not planning to stop that anytime soon. CurrentlyTRS19 is the best Trainz version in my opinion, I am happy with my Gold Membership.

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    I primarily Route build and Content Create, I refuse to pay extra just to be allowed to Beta Test the new features, I find that a bit hard to swallow, given large amount of time I have spent testing both TANE and TRS19 at the expense of finishing my current project...... <snip> but life goes on. ;o)
    I can understand where you are coming from clam1952. When I had read that it was only the Gold subscription members that were now the beta testers, it was bit of a hit to my solar plexus. It is a choice on my part to either subscribe or purchase right out. I did the latter (and also purchased on Steam), so my coin would get added to kitty for the development of Trainz. As I spend most of my time in my surveyor with my wip route, the subscription way was not for me. I personally have nothing against the sub but I do feel I am now an "obsoleted" beta tester because of my preference which I feel pretty sad about.

It was great "meeting" the authors when beta testing and seeing the results of the other testers. I could only do a small portion because of my knowledge, but was impressed with the talent of the authors and the other testers. It was a very cool learning curve and corresponding with some of the devs (whom were/are very patient) was a pleasure to be part of. Sorry if this all sounds a bit wispy.

As clam1952 has said "life goes on" and now my wip route building will hopefully see the light at the end of tunnel.
    "Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ARhian7 View Post
    I personally have nothing against the sub but I do feel I am now an "obsoleted" beta tester because of my preference which I feel pretty sad about.
    I strongly suspect that they will still need "non-subscription" beta testers for the next version of Trainz (TRS21) - the one that comes out as a "mainstream release" with the TRS19 "bells and whistles" enjoyed by the "gold-plated set" plus all the new TRS21 data features. Then the process will begin again with new interface features for the "TRS21 Goldies".
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

United States of America, Florida, WinterHaven

for the current subscribers i would just do what you are doing and ignore the ones trying to give dozens of reasons just to buy the sim, as i have stated i could buy the sim at 70.00 many times over but i still prefer the 15.00 to support n3v. do whats best for you and forget what everyone else thinks. just my opinion.
    Windows 10 Pro,Intel 8700k at 5.1ghz,gtx 1080 ti,
    32 gb ddr4 corsair 3200mhz, 480gb m.2 x2

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    I strongly suspect that they will still need "non-subscription" beta testers for the next version of Trainz (TRS21) - the one that comes out as a "mainstream release" with the TRS19 "bells and whistles" enjoyed by the "gold-plated set" plus all the new TRS21 data features. Then the process will begin again with new interface features for the "TRS21 Goldies".
    Yes this could be a possibility alright . Oh well, it is what it is.
    "Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day."