Silver and Gold Membership

Apparently quite a few according to posts from individual Gold and Silver subscribers in these forums (some are quite well known posters) and from comments made by N3V.

I did consider subscribing but as I do not have much in the way of DLC payware, it did not interest me but if you do a lot more route driving than route building, or no building at all, then the subscription could be good value.

I'm currently using the gold subsricption to test the game. I'm going to end it after this month 'cause I expect more from a 70€ game. The general UI looks mostly the same as older versions up to 2004... The Content Manager is weird and feels totally outdated for 2019

Another reason (of many more...) is shown in the following picture. I got the route as part of the Content Vault and it is explictly stated to be compatible to TRS2019 in the official DLC-store. Seems like they don't test stuff they release. No missing dependencies on my end.

EDIT: Seems to be a problem on my end. No missing dependencies, no errors, no warnings still doesn't work...

wqeWYOY

nGwoZKB.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I just wondered if it was seen as worth the money, which is quite a lot. I can see that content buyers might benefit, but I enjoy building routes and sessions, and so far that's been with whatever is available. I have no problem with the 'one-off' price, which I think is good value, but the subscription rates seemed over the top.

Think you might be missing sum items there Intelligent i also got this route thru the content vault but mine looks like this
2019-02-09-093650.jpg

Cheers Mick.

Weird @matruck

I have no missing dependencies and no errors and warnings showing...

Maybe start another thread here in the 2019 section and see if others are having the same drama or place a helpdesk ticket in, I only had a quick bo-peep too see if I had the same problem as you but yeah all good on my end and not a bad looking little layout I'll have to check it out further now lol.
Hope you get it sorted.
Cheers Mick.

I'm also a gold member.

At $12.99 a month it's a good deal because I can't afford the full price, or the outright $70 purchase.

It's much more affordable this way and less scary than the full price.

I'm a Silver Member... would maybe be Gold but I had already purchased '19 when I saw the memberships. No regrets so far.... I can see more route building techniques from routes I would buy normally. That's just one positive aspect. Downloaded 3 routes and 2 diesel-electrics this month all for very small amount. Though there is plenty of freeware the temptation to buy. The membership cares for that urge at a low cost.

Last edited:
I'm also a gold member.

At $12.99 a month it's a good deal because I can't afford the full price, or the outright $70 purchase.

It's much more affordable this way and less scary than the full price.
I thought about that John but if I saved for 4+ months I could "own" the game - at least to hold it on my computer forever effectively (I keep telling myself I'm saving up for it now - 2 months to go). In 5 months if circumstances change and current 14.99USD/month is a hardship - as an ex gold member where's my game? Can I continue working on the route I'm developing?

Yes, there's all the other stuff but some of that is just me paying to be a beta tester.

I also just don't care to spend 15USD/month or the discount price of 150USD/yr as there is little DLC that I'm really interested in. The Coal Country route is one I might though. - is that one ever offered to gold members? (I have the freeware Coal Country Rev0, an early much shorter version of what is a small route.) I'd toss all the diesels and run the PRR steam from K&L. But CC's locked payware in TANE and cloneable but still flagged as payware in TS19. If I buy it I want to be able to make changes not just add to sessions.

The 10USD sale price N3V had for a couple days was tempting but it's still locked payware. Probably should have hit the buy button just to play around with it but decided not to. I definitely won't spend 39.99USD for N3V's payware version. I'd consider spending 39.99USD at JR's site to get the original unlocked version. If JR ever put it on sale I'll make room on my hard drive - note not in the "vault" somewhere out there in the ether.

Just my thoughts,

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
It may well be worth the subs in the future , if you look in the latest newsletter NV3 are spruiking lots of extras such as improvements to surveyor etc, which will only be available for gold /silver subscribers , lower range purchasers of the software will have to wait two or three years before the new developments are added to the base product. i wonder if NV3 have considered the affect that may have on route development with the user base of "haves" and " have nots" , how will a route builder know what to add to a route as many people wont be able to use some features unless they are subscribers ? .
I have purchased 2019 but haven't even bothered to load it up yet as i hate the new interface , the way routes are displayed is appalling ( unless there is an option to change it to the older layout) , I wont bother with it at all until I complete my current route and i wont ever subscribe on principle, still using photoshop CS 5.5 as i refuse to pay adobe their monthly blood money. Subscriptions are just a rip off.

IntelligentGuava - Have you run an Extended Database Repair on your content from the Developer Menu by holding down the Ctrl key whilst you click on 'Rebuild Database'?
That will certainly ferret out any missing dependencies and/or Faulty assets.
You are clearly missing some textures there in the screenies above.

Back on the subject - I purchased the simulator outright because I am not a fan of the subscription model and do not want - and hardly ever download - DLC or DLS items. Most of these are of little interest or appeal to me.
I make the occasional exceptions for exceptional content additions (In TRS12 it was Murchison 2 and in T:ANE it was Mojave Sub).
When sirgibby publishes the successor to Murchison 2 to T:ANE later on this year, I will most probably pick that up then. (The only reason, apart from beta-testing - that I still keep T:ANE running on my machine).
For world-building route and session creations, TRS19 is such a step-change up from T:ANE that I rarely look back to earlier versions.

i wonder if NV3 have considered the affect that may have on route development with the user base of "haves" and " have nots" , how will a route builder know what to add to a route as many people wont be able to use some features unless they are subscribers ? .

The new features will be in the interface, not in the assets or session controls. So a creator with a Gold Sub and all the new "whizz-bang" features will be able to create routes and session that anyone with TRS19 ("Mud" Sub) will be able to load and run - only the creator will be able to do it with a bit more "pizazz" than the rest of us "Mud Grubbers" could. The routes and sessions they create will still be build 4.6.

EDIT: I strongly suspect that any new asset or operational features that would require a new build number, e.g. 4.7, would be in the first version of the next general release, e.g. TRS21, which would also include the new interface features that the Gold Sub members had been enjoying.

Last edited:
I was a Sub since Oct, Now I think its the worst thing they ever thought of.

Got my time out of it, got some new assets, that will now all go away as I refuse to give them anymore money.

After having a chat with Support, they are clueless. A clueless clueless company that has no clue what they are doing. Flaws and wrong items still displayed on Vault.

I have called them out numerous times now in forums, and in ticket. They still have FREE ITEMS AS PAYWARE! You ARE WASTING A SELECTION on few items in Vault that are FREE off JR.

It splits the community even more worse than Season Passes. All those cool new features Gold will get it? Cool. Screw over your other side of the customer base just because they won't want to hand over their paycheck to you. The new Terrian tools and all that, that should be part of the base game for a new title, yet you just release a brand new title, and then throw a dozen features behind a paywall sub model. You literally stripped the base game of core features, to throw it in your Sub model. You are EA. You are Ubisoft. Congrats, how do you feel?

The speed is too slow. Nothing new has come out. No plans. All I see is "we want this". I see no progress anywhere. Oh cool, a High Speed Italy train that should of shipped with its base route. Nope, charge for it. Even worse call it a "Gold feature".

They have no intentions of fixing the vault for at least another 6-12 months when they get content. They have no content. From what Tony has said and others, they are hurting. They know the some big community names are not going to 19, and some of those names are big. They know this. JR seems to not have any word on 19 edition yet. I have asked them before too, and was left with pure silence.

Basically, I think 19 is a great step. But $70 is too much. $15 a month I thought was NOT BAD. Then I saw the mess that is N3V and their Sub model for few months since Oct. Repeats, repeats, repeats, and zero content on the vault. Freeware that is Payware. Ignoring users telling you of your problem. Etc etc.

TL:DR: Don't support them with the Sub model. They have no clue how to run a Subscription. They don't have the content to support your $15. This isn't WoW. You not getting a Raid or a big content patch every month or every other month. Where you actually see your $15 get spent, and see actual new content. Here? That don't happen at all. After 4 months on Gold sub, you will have basically all you want off the Vault. Soon as you decide $15 is eh, its all gone. Every DLC you enjoyed, is gone.

Good riddance I say. Especially after I dealt with Support and got a "uhhhh, yeah, we will get around to it" type answer. They didn't care about any suggestion. There is no pounce in any step from N3V, or JR around here these days.

Save your money, blow it on coffee instead.

Last edited:
Had to reread the new feature list
Note that this list is not exhaustive, and should not be construed as the feature list of Trainz 20xx. It is designed to show you the list of things that are being considered or being worked on, and no doubt a number of these will make it into future versions of Trainz while others will miss out.

Just about everything is about the UI with possible exceptions like
Environmental Effects
Visual/Reality Enhancements
Train Physics
if they make in the early stages, I imaging that any route that depends on those features might look less awesome. If such a route / session can't load, that would be an issue but for that to happen, it would mean a major break with the past. But then it would be a different game, like my UTC is unable to load any TRS19 routes. It still loads UTC routes.

Meanwhile, I'm firmly in the buy camp. I passed on the subscriptions not because of any philosophical issues but because it didn't suit my gaming style. I rarely download or buy DLC so that incentive was not for me. I already have a FCT so again not enticing. Eventually the total purchase cost via a subscription would exceed the one time buy. Since I'm in it for the long haul and don't bailout at every bump in the road, my purchase strategy works for me. YMMV. Everyone needs to do their own ROI calculation and go with what is best for them. :)

i have owned every version of trainz since 2001 and bought the gold membership during early release,i could have just paid the 70usd, the extras were enough to keep me paying 15.00 a month, free fct, discount in the trainz store, which i admit i have spent about 150.00 on content in the past 2 months, including jointed rails.the 5 free items was nice at first, the last round on feb 1st, one of the items was freeware from JR.i say most people do it for the cheaper up front cost compared to the 70.00.while i continue to buy content at a discount price,i keep in mind it takes our support to have a better trainz in the future, 15.00 is a small price to pay once a month.thats my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
I was a Sub since Oct, Now I think its the worst thing they ever thought of... Got my time out of it, got some new assets, that will now all go away as I refuse to give them anymore money...they are [a] clueless clueless company that has no clue what they are doing. Flaws and wrong items still displayed on Vault...They have no clue how to run a Subscription....Good riddance I say....Save your money, blow it on coffee instead.

i have owned every version of trainz since 2001 and bought the gold membership during early release,i could have just paid the 70usd, the extras were enough to keep me paying 15.00 a month, free fct, discount in the trainz store .... i continue to buy content at a discount price,i keep in mind it takes our support to have a better trainz in the future, 15.00 is a small price to pay once a month.thats my opinion anyway.

That's what I love about these forums. Totally contrasting opinions on the same topic.

Back