Spam Comming from the Late BNSF50?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I've got an E-Mail from Clem and Linda Cummings, that says "It shows great results" with a link to a website lap.hockinghillsbyway.com. Clem Cummings was known as BNSF50 here on the Forums and made a lot of different railroad crossings, some of which use fellow creator Boat's ATLS railroad crossing system. I suspect that Linda Cummings is his wife. I'm among several other people who were sent this E-Mail. The E-Mail address that this E-Mail is coming from is actually the E-Mail included in the config file in his content bnsf_50@att.net. Given that he has passed away, and someone is using the E-Mail included in the config file for his content, I decided not to click on the link. I advise anyone receiving any similar E-Mail to not click on the link, even though it seems legit unless someone verifies it as legit.

Last edited:
Given that he has passed away, and someone is using the E-Mail included in the config file for his content, I decided not to click on the link.

Seems to me much more likely that Linda Cummings is trying to inform you of something interesting or useful.

Seems to me much more likely that Linda Cummings is trying to inform you of something interesting or useful.

I've googled websites named http://lap.hockinghillsbyway and got no results. I got results for Hocking Hills Scenic Byway and related websites.
Also, I decided to list the other people this E-Mail was sent to. One sticks out from the other. Those who's last name was included as those the E-Mail was sent to I've left only the first letter of their name. Anyway, the list of people it was sent to:
Ian McG.; frmccall; Frank W.; Mike O'G.; Shannon C.; Gary O.; Ian McG.; jim; John;
I search the forums based on the last name of the people who is sent this E-Mail
frmccall might be fellow Trainzer Frank McCall, a.k.a. Sporbust.
Frank W. night be someone mentioned in post 69 on this really old tread as someone called Wassner: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?52077-If-it-ain-t-broke-don-t-fix-it!/page5&highlight=wassner
I've found no one on the Forums known as Ian McG., Ian, or McG.
I've found no one with the last name O'G in the Forums.
Shannon C is definitely not a member of the Forums.
I've got no results for Gary O.
We've got several people here named John so there's someone here might also get that E-Mail also.

Back