YARN "T" Intersection? Now Faulty - FIX?

boleyd

A certain YARN T Intersection has become unusable. However, I saw somewhere that a fix had been developed. But, I can't remember the source??

What is the unusable in the YARN T?

Many of my T and round-about intersections have become faulty because of duplicate attachment points. Several of the paths through the intersection involve merging two input paths into a one output path. The common attachment point now triggers a fault. Still have to investigate in depth to find a solution, it it exists.

Currently I have the following YARN assets used in routes I've installed in TRS19 b98592 that are listed as faulty;

<kuid2:124017:26050:2> YARN Adaptor L1L2
<kuid2:506208:100079:2> YARNish Adaptor L1L2
<kuid2:135229:100180:2> YARN T-Intersection L2 -3Si +2Sh-1Sh, v2
<kuid2:506208:100116:2> YARNish T-Intersection L2 -3Si -3Sh
<kuid2:506208:100020:1> YARNish T-Intersection L2 +3Si +3Sh, 09sp4
<kuid2:506208:100019:1> YARNish T-Intersection L2 +1Si-2Si +3Sh, 09sp4

All of these were not faulty in TANESP3 b94916

SP5/E5, U.S. Army, Honorable Discharge (1972-1982) :)

Edit: I downloaded several more Adaptor and T-Intersection assets into TRA19. Of them only two are faulty;

<kuid2:639692:100163:1> YARNish T-Intersection L2 AS +1Si-2Si +3Sh
<kuid2:639692:100162:1> YARNish T-Intersection L2 AS +3Si +3Sh

So it does not appear that all Adaptors or T-Intersections are faulty.

Last edited:
Hi

If your fault with these 2 is duplicate road, open them so you can copy the config.txt file the edit the file look for the same vertices being used in both roads.
Once you locate the section that is repeated simply delete the offending lines and renumber, exit editing then submit and everything should br fine.

Good Luck

Dave

Last edited:
I have a thread on this in DLS, FCT. It appears that the latest T:ANE and 2019 updates are making these faulty, and I see no reason why they all of a sudden should be. Something changed. I think N3V needs to fix these assets and reissue an updated KUID to replace these. I can't imagine it is going to be left to everyone individually to have to try to correct each of these assets.....

Removing the offending vertices might be a quick and easy solution but still leaves the intersection not functioning as it should.

Removing the offending vertices might be a quick and easy solution but still leaves the intersection not functioning as it should.

That was an issue I ran into when I attempted a repair.

My solution was to find some YARN-like intersections, those by Dave Snow in fact, and then reskin them as my broken YARN intersection replacements by copying out the texture from an actual YARN intersection and using that instead. The process took like 2 minutes from clone, copy, save, and submit.

The following assets have been repaired and tested by the CRG for TS12 SP1, TANE SP3 and TRS19. The assets should be available from the DLS within 24 hours of this post. The kuids will be one higher than in the list.

By Maddy 25:
<kuid2:124017:26022:3> YARN Split L4 DL3 -Si +Sh

By Dricketts:
<kuid2:135229:100180:2> YARN T-Intersection L2 -3Si +2Sh-1Sh, v2

By Streadway:
<kuid2:506208:100019:1> YARNish T-Intersection L2 +1Si-2Si +3Sh, 09sp4
<kuid2:506208:100020:1> YARNish T-Intersection L2 +3Si +3Sh, 09sp4
<kuid2:506208:100113:2> YARNish Split L4 DL3 -Si +Sh
<kuid2:506208:100116:2> YARNish T-Intersection L2 -3Si -3Sh

By Mason9468:
<kuid2:639692:100162:1> YARNish T-Intersection L2 AS +3Si +3Sh
<kuid2:639692:100163:1> YARNish T-Intersection L2 AS +1Si-2Si +3Sh

Routes already using these assets are likely to show disconnected roads where the assets are used. There is nothing the CRG can do about that. It is also recommended that the assets be deleted from the route and immediately replaced. Not sure why this is necessary but vertex connectors were sometimes absent.

These assets seem to be fragile. Often they work well but then vertex connectors will disappear and carz will disappear.

The fixes were not simple. The VE218 error basically requires the addition of new vertices and rewrites of the road containers. Getting carz to travel down the correct path required some rather odd positioning of vertices before they worked. Often carz will travel in the wrong direction but that seems to sort itself out once the road system is completed. The "Split" assets sometimes have cars sliding down the road sideways until corrected by the next road asset. Best guess is that the issue is with the connected road.

The roads were tested for "drive on the right" countries. They may not work correctly for other countries.

As far as practical, the repairs were done to meet the original author's intention. For example, Maddy's assets will still have the little hop where it connects with other roads.

Thank you! I have not started checking routes to see how many may need attention but I'm grateful that the issue was addressed so quickly.

Thanks again!

I show the Yarn Library as Faulty - missing dependencies.. However, looking at the dependencies no missing items appear. All show ok.

I show the Yarn Library as Faulty - missing dependencies.. However, looking at the dependencies no missing items appear. All show ok.

The YARN and YARNish libraries are built-in to TANE and TRS19, and available on the DLS for TS12. I'm not seeing any issues with them.

The libraries handle the script for adding signs, traffic lights, etc.

I see this. Not sure why the discrepancy...

004.jpg

004.jpg

I don't see any missing dependencies after downloading the update.

Right-click on these assets and view dependencies. Sort by status to put the missing asset(s) at the top so it's easier to find.

You can then searchf or that missing asset manually on the DLS white pages if needed, but I don't think you need to because it could be something else that's wrong such as something that's open for edit.

... assets have been repaired ... available from the DLS ...

... i had faulty's, deleted them and downloaded the "available downloads" ... everything ok now in several routes ... thankz a lot pcas1986 and crg (.?. correction team .?.) ...
grtz
daveric

listing dependencies recursively shows no missing items. All referenced items are Built-in and can't be deleted for reloading. The illustrated condition is from the content database, not my PC. Only the content manager is open. A rebuild of the database caused no changes. Open and close, for edit, had no effect. It is one of those oddities that is seen by few and soon forgotten.

====================================================

004.jpg

listing dependencies recursively shows no missing items. All referenced items are Built-in and can't be deleted for reloading. The illustrated condition is from the content database, not my PC. Only the content manager is open. A rebuild of the database caused no changes. Open and close, for edit, had no effect. It is one of those oddities that is seen by few and soon forgotten.

====================================================

Are you sharing the database with TANE?

While I have the code for TANE on the system I have not attempted to use it for over a year.

I do not know if the database has an oddity or my PC need a rehab. Given the statistical evidence I must be at fault with a ????????

While the items in question have value, I do not intend to pursue this. I do not need any of the YARN series that are troublesome.
Adequate substitutes are available. Too much time consumed on the evolution. When I retired I gave up on troubleshooting software. I thoroughly enjoy TRS19. I prefer construction to fiddling with variables and expressions. Thanks for the interest.

Last edited:
Back