Classic InterCity HST set on DLS (content repair request)

Trainmaster189

I'm not sure if I can make requests of older DLS content to be repaired here, but there are some British Rail InterCity HST stuff that are from as far back as 2002. I did read the "DLS Content Repair Group Charter" page from the N3V Wiki, but I'm just confused about how to have a discussion about fixing the older content. On the DLS, I've seen several older, "pre-Trainz 2010" HST sets and even other older Class 43 powercars already fixed for newer Trainz versions, but I do feel these pieces of content shouldn't be thrown in the dustbin of history because of how decent these reskins were.

The Class 43 and Mk3 content I'm asking about:

1. InterCity HST set (by hextrasher)
<kuid:53584:14> BR Class 43 HST Intercity
<kuid:53584:10014> BR Intercity MK3 TGS
<kuid:53584:10012> BR Intercity MK3 FO
<kuid:53584:10011> BR Intercity MK3 RFM
<kuid:53584:10013> BR Intercity MK3 SLEP
<kuid:53584:10010> BR Intercity MK3 TF
<kuid:53584:10017> BR Intercity MK3 TSO

2.markhodgkinson:
<kuid:59037:100001> BR Intercity HST 43064 - Over time, this engine has been updated into (more like replaced by) "<kuid2:59037:100001:2> Neoklai Railwoman 1" which isn't an engine, but a scenery object. I'm not sure if this could be revived as separate asset.

I do not know how to contact the N3V Content Repair Team on this, but I just would like to suggest these to be added to the repair list.​

Last edited:
Not even near my gaming PC right now, so I can't check for myself, but maybe you can share the errors you are getting for these asset and the Trainz community can help you with fixing these (till maybe the CRG picks them up)?
Note that the CRG is organized by N3V but not staffed by N3V; they are all volunteers out of the Trainz community.

Not even near my gaming PC right now, so I can't check for myself, but maybe you can share the errors you are getting for these asset and the Trainz community can help you with fixing these (till maybe the CRG picks them up)?
Note that the CRG is organized by N3V but not staffed by N3V; they are all volunteers out of the Trainz community.

Thank you!

As of right now, I'm currently rebuilding my Trainz collection with the stuff I had from the DLS before my computer had problems last month. It's now repaired and upgraded with a new motherboard and graphics card and I had to reinstall Trainz because of how the computer crashed it due to the old graphics card. Maybe I will share the errors on hextrasher's Intercity HST skins whenever I'm finished rebuilding, but I probably won't do markhodgkinson's Class 43 powercar.

I have all the assets from intercity HST in TRS19 and show no faults. If you download the HST 43064 by using the download this version and delete the railwoman from your data all of the mentioned assets are working fine. An email to Mark might solve the problem of his reuse of an existing kuid number.

Last edited:
I have all the assets from intercity HST in TRS19 and show no faults. If you download the HST 43064 by using the download this version and delete the railwoman from your data all of the mentioned assets are working fine. An email to Mark might solve the problem of his reuse of an existing kuid number.

Really? When I installed "hex's" HST onto TANE and even before that on Trainz 12, it's alias would be on the built-in BR HST 125, but gets replaced by the new default HST in-game. I do get errors from changing the alias of both the Class 43 and the Mk3 coaches to the older Auran blank versions and I couldn't be able to fix the errors from that. I can only what I can remember from when I had that HST set years ago.

The alias kuid:-1:100039 (may 2011) was replaced by kuid:-25:133 (may 2015) which obsoletes 100039.

I just deleted the obsolete tables from the new Auran Class 43 and its Mk3 coaches and I do have the original in several older Trainz versions (TRS2004, TRS2006). I would just have to install TRS2006 just to go in to grab the original HST to be placed in TANE, even though it would be a long one. Even though I'm not a fan of this train's "blue roof" and it's an ok Trainz model which it was one of my favorites from when I started out with TRS2006 back in 2008.

Last edited:
These assets are not faulty in T:ane build 94829.

You should firstly delete the exiting copies of these assets, then download them from the DLS. If they then show errors you need to post the details of the error message.

If a content creator chooses to 'remove' their asset by obsoleting it with a different asset there is not much anyone can do about it, other than not downloading the replacement.

These assets are not faulty in T:ane build 94829.

You should firstly delete the exiting copies of these assets, then download them from the DLS. If they then show errors you need to post the details of the error message.

If a content creator chooses to 'remove' their asset by obsoleting it with a different asset there is not much anyone can do about it, other than not downloading the replacement.

Unless if someone got permission from the original creator to make a repaired clone of the original asset which may or may not happen. I do see hope in Hex's complete HST set over Mark's Class 43 powercar.

Unless if someone got permission from the original creator to make a repaired clone of the original asset which may or may not happen.

If the original creator is so embarrassed by the original asset that they needed to replace it with something different, then it is unlikely that they would give permission for someone else to resuscitate it.

If you want assistance with repairing it then you need to post the error message you are seeing. The asset works fine in T:ane build 94829.

If the original creator is so embarrassed by the original asset that they needed to replace it with something different, then it is unlikely that they would give permission for someone else to resuscitate it.

If you want assistance with repairing it then you need to post the error message you are seeing. The asset works fine in T:ane build 94829.

I've managed to get only the Class 43 powercars, Mark's (cloned for personal use) and Hex's skins working with my clone of the original BR Class 43 from TRS2006 as an alternative alias. I am however frustrated with the Mk3 coaches when I tried working on them using the original clones, but I just don't have the patience to do the entire set at this moment. I deleted the original Auran Mk3's after trying to get them fixed myself. At least I can use the powercars with the other IC Swallow Mk3 coaches even though they're a bit higher than the new N3V stuff and I'm not sure how all the older IC 125 stuff can be lowered to touch the rails.

So whenever anyone downloads the entire hextrasher InterCity set, it will work, but the first problem will always be the alias being the new Class 43 and Mk3's getting in the way. The second problem (actual errors) will come once you replace the alias with the old built-in stuff. I just think that these skins don't deserve to have the alias or depend on the original HST models and have their own meshes to work instead.

None of that makes any sense.

This was your post: "I'm not sure if I can make requests of older DLS content to be repaired here". That implies that there is some older content that needs repair. You have listed some older content. What you have listed doesn't need repair - it works just fine. So what is this older content that needs repair, and what is the error that needs to be fixed?

None of that makes any sense.

This was your post: "I'm not sure if I can make requests of older DLS content to be repaired here". That implies that there is some older content that needs repair. You have listed some older content. What you have listed doesn't need repair - it works just fine. So what is this older content that needs repair, and what is the error that needs to be fixed?

You didn't understand what I've said here. Trainz 2010 and later versions have the new Class 43 HST and Mk3 coaches built-in, but they do mess up some of the older pre-Trainz 2010 InterCity 125 sets which have the alias to the original models. The old and new HST rolling stock models are completely different and only the older skins work on the old model, but they won't show up on the new model (this means only new BR blue HST textures show up). This first problem should be fixed by either switching the alias or try grabbing the meshes from another older HST model that has its own meshes to make them independent from having any alias. The alias thing is still around on certain models besides some HST models, even though I personally don't agree with this reskin setup.

Last edited:
Trainz 2010 and later versions have the new Class 43 HST and Mk3 coaches built-in, but they do mess up some of the older pre-Trainz 2010 InterCity 125 sets
So is this the asset that needs repair? What is the KUID? What is the error ('mess up' isn't very useful)?

So is this the asset that needs repair? What is the KUID? What is the error ('mess up' isn't very useful)?

I apologize for confusing you on this and I did try my best explaining the situation to you. Yes, this does need to be fixed, but I just don't feel like fixing this up myself again since I just uninstalled TRS2006 and deleted the original Mk3 coaches. I'm just going to leave it to others who might know more about this since I can only tell what happens on my end and I may or may not be the only one dealing with the alias issue. At least I provided information on the alias which some others might understand when it comes to a model change (replacing the original with a newer remake that has its own skins).

I'm just going to leave it to others who might know more about this since I can only tell what happens on my end and I may or may not be the only one dealing with the alias issue.

Unlikely that anyone else will look at it if you won't disclose the KUID that is faulty, or what the fault is.

I just reverted the powercar back to original with the original alias kuid being "<kuid:-25:133> BR HST 125". I'm not sure how many people take the alias issue seriously even though it's not officially "faulty", but this is how it would come in the more recent Trainz versions.

Last edited:
I just reverted the powercar back to original with the original alias kuid being "<kuid:-25:133> BR HST 125". I'm not sure how many people take the alias issue seriously even though it's not officially "faulty", but this is how it would come in the more recent Trainz versions.
If the problem is that the thumbnail is wrong then you can use Content Manager to (1) Open \ Edit the config file text (2) Delete the whole of the existing thumbnails container (3) Submit edits, and (4) Use the 'Automatically generate thumbnails' option in the Content menu.

If the problem is something else you should post the error details.

Last edited:
If the problem is that the thumbnail is wrong then you can use Content Manager to (1) Open \ Edit the config file text (2) Delete the whole of the existing thumbnails container (3) Submit edits, and (4) Use the 'Automatically generate thumbnails' option in the Content menu.

If the problem is something else you should post the error details.

Ok!

I don't want to go off topic, but I am still installing other things onto my game at the moment because I just reinstalled my game over a week ago since I got my computer back from repairs. I should've just waited until I got all of this done.

If you want the older intercity version then check out stationmistress on the DLS. You will find the complete set in the old intercity colour.

Back