Trainz - Potential Features List

If you can manage a re-install without issues before patching it looks to me like the cancelling and then restarting Gold has messed up or confused your permissions at N3V's end, hopefully someone will come along and sort it out. Don't give up just yet.

What build are you on at the moment? should be 98952 for the non plus PC version.

Close... my Build is 98592

Robert

Close... my Build is 98592

Robert

Ooops! typo should have been 98592.

Anyway you should be OK to carry on working in that until the patch issue gets sorted, hopefully Tony will re-appear and get someone to check your account is set up properly!

This thread has gone rather off topic, but we may as well keep things going until we resolve the problem.

I think you've confirmed that you see the Trainz Plus patch stream, so that would rule out a permissions issue on the server end (relating to having an owned verison and a subscription).

98592 is the correct version to be patching from.

Just to go through the steps one more time;
1. After you select the patch stream, can you confirm you see the message "TRS19 98592 to Trainz Plus Beta 99618" prior to the "Apply Patch" step.
2. After you select Apply Patch, and you get a Windows User Access Control" message saying "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", you then click yes.
3. "But it always ends up with just the message in the Patcher box "Failed to Load Installation Data". Takes just a minute displaying Time Left 2 minutes-5 minutes 30 minutes etc. The bar just barely moves then BLAM! The message."

During this stage, in WIndows Explorer, check one level above your install folder. You will see a folder named something like: 0bee9fc7_Patch Installer
Then when the download begins, a file named patch.bin.
Check what happens to that file and report that back.

This could be a permissions issue, it could be that the install data got wiped by your AV, or.. something else.

This thread has gone rather off topic, but we may as well keep things going until we resolve the problem.

I think you've confirmed that you see the Trainz Plus patch stream, so that would rule out a permissions issue on the server end (relating to having an owned verison and a subscription).

98592 is the correct version to be patching from.

Just to go through the steps one more time;
1. After you select the patch stream, can you confirm you see the message "TRS19 98592 to Trainz Plus Beta 99618" prior to the "Apply Patch" step.
2. After you select Apply Patch, and you get a Windows User Access Control" message saying "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", you then click yes.
3. "But it always ends up with just the message in the Patcher box "Failed to Load Installation Data". Takes just a minute displaying Time Left 2 minutes-5 minutes 30 minutes etc. The bar just barely moves then BLAM! The message."

During this stage, in WIndows Explorer, check one level above your install folder. You will see a folder named something like: 0bee9fc7_Patch Installer
Then when the download begins, a file named patch.bin.
Check what happens to that file and report that back.

This could be a permissions issue, it could be that the install data got wiped by your AV, or.. something else.

Sorry, no folder "0bee9fc7_Patch Installer" or anything like it exists anywhere on my computer and has never been. Just Patch Installer.exe. Patch.bin either. I tried putting a blank file called patch.bin in there but it didn't help. I don't have an AV and Windows Defender is disabled. My permissions are all okay. Full Control in both incoming and outgoing.

Robert

Sorry, no folder "0bee9fc7_Patch Installer" or anything like it exists anywhere on my computer and has never been. Just Patch Installer.exe. Patch.bin either. I tried putting a blank file called patch.bin in there but it didn't help. I don't have an AV and Windows Defender is disabled. My permissions are all okay. Full Control in both incoming and outgoing.

Robert

Tried with UAC disabled? Shouldn't make any difference however may be worth a try.

The folders Tony is on about should resemble the screenshot below, first patch would create the Patch Installer folder, subsequent and failed patches the xxxxxxx_Patch Installer folders. From past experience failed patches produce a new folder for each failed patch a well as successful ones. If that's not happening then something is blocking write access. Probably unrelated in your case however I've had that happen when moving a disk with TANE on to another PC which refused to patch, taking ownership of the drive solved the problem.

Only other thing I can think of is if you have installed it in say C:\Trainz Railroad Simulator and writing to C:\ is blocked? Seem to remember an issue with that when doing a bios flash, wouldn't let me save the bin file to C:\ was quite happy to put on D:\ though. Never had these annoyances with Win7.......

Maybe create a Trainz folder and copy/move the TRS19 folder into it then try patching.

It seem,s to me....

Tried with UAC disabled? Shouldn't make any difference however may be worth a try.

The folders Tony is on about should resemble the screenshot below, first patch would create the Patch Installer folder, subsequent and failed patches the xxxxxxx_Patch Installer folders. From past experience failed patches produce a new folder for each failed patch a well as successful ones. If that's not happening then something is blocking write access. Probably unrelated in your case however I've had that happen when moving a disk with TANE on to another PC which refused to patch, taking ownership of the drive solved the problem.

Only other thing I can think of is if you have installed it in say C:\Trainz Railroad Simulator and writing to C:\ is blocked? Seem to remember an issue with that when doing a bios flash, wouldn't let me save the bin file to C:\ was quite happy to put on D:\ though. Never had these annoyances with Win7.......

Maybe create a Trainz folder and copy/move the TRS19 folder into it then try patching.

A good question might be what is the difference between getting a stream, downloading from the DLS and installing the online version of the 2019? I think if an install can write to my Win 7 registry and C Drive, as it does, my drivers are open and owned and there should be no stoppers for the Trainz Plus. Unless....
By the way, before my last install of Trainz (four of them in total), I wiped my registry of all references to 2019 just in case, knowing how devious Windows is concerning this.
Also, I have found that every try with the Patcher does not even write one file or folder, does not write a patch.bin... nothing.
One more try today and then we can forget this thread, off-topic or not.

Thanks again for your efforts,

Robert

Post Script

A good question might be what is the difference between getting a stream, downloading from the DLS and installing the online version of the 2019? I think if an install can write to my Win 7 registry and C Drive, as it does, my drivers are open and owned and there should be no stoppers for the Trainz Plus. Unless....
By the way, before my last install of Trainz (four of them in total), I wiped my registry of all references to 2019 just in case, knowing how devious Windows is concerning this.
Also, I have found that every try with the Patcher does not even write one file or folder, does not write a patch.bin... nothing.
One more try today and then we can forget this thread, off-topic or not.

Thanks again for your efforts,

Robert

P.S. -- A big IF.... N3V simpliy sent me the File that makes up the Trainz Plus stream the problem would be solved. But of course that would really not be possible for the sake of memberships because I could possibly pass it on and a Gold membership would not be so valuable. If, on the other hand, they might be thinking that after the fix, I would merely cancel my membership and wait for another update to 2019 to reenlist. That assumption would be correct. The memberships, as they are, secure good revenue for them. What a choice! Buy the program for $70 but with a membership and continue paying OR don't buy it,saving $70 but pay $15 a month for everything. I've been with Trainz a long while. However I made a mistake in thinking I was getting the full product and with the usual updates included thereafter. No such luck.

I'm going back to T:ANE for now and rebuilding my routes. Then, if needed I can move them to TR2019 as it stands, forgetting the loss of $70 and moving on. I imagine that since the new kid on the block, Trainz 2019, is here and thriving, T:ANE will automatically become outmoded eventually, but while I have it, I'll use it. The last mistake I made was thinking that my 2019 routes could be moved to T:ANE.... Nope!

The best thing about this problem was that I am grateful to my forum friends for their help and I have learned a valuable lesson.... when business prevails over the game, beware.

Anyhoo, have fun with your Trainz 2019, as long as your membership lasts.

P.P.S. -- Thinking back, I never HAD to ask for help on the Auran forum. My loss I guess.

Again, thanks for your help, you four forum members. It is much appreciated .

Robert... (An old timer in gaming but a newbie in the gaming business)

<END OF THREAD> I hope

You don't need to buy TRS19 again if you have already bought it, as and when the next patch for the non subscription version come out you can just download it from My Trainz, they may well, as with TANE provide a downloadable patch for those who need it rather than this streaming affair. It's also possible when they have finished the beta that you can download the patched subscription version from there for Gold subscribers.

I never did the subscription just bought it normally TRS19 works perfectly well without the Plus patches. TANE is good until September 2020 http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Trainz_Life-Cycle_Policy

Last edited:
You don't need to buy TRS19 again if you have already bought it, as and when the next patch for the non subscription version come out you can just download it from My Trainz, they may well, as with TANE provide a downloadable patch for those who need it rather than this streaming affair. It's also possible when they have finished the beta that you can download the patched subscription version from there for Gold subscribers.

I never did the subscription just bought it normally TRS190 works perfectly well without the Plus patches. TANE is good until September 2020 http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Trainz_Life-Cycle_Policy

Sounds like a plan. Will go with it of course.

Thanks, Robert

Sounds like a plan. Will go with it of course.

Thanks, Robert

Started Trainz today and just on a hunch did the Trainz Plus just one more time. Eureka !!!! It ran and installed believe it or not. Like somebody turned on a switch somewhere. Had a couple mishaps afterwards saying "Could not Run". Two files missing in the System32WOW directory. Got them online and I'm back in and glad to be here. Don't wanna know what happened or why, I'm a happy camper.

Thanks everybody and I'm sure you finally have me out of your hair. Appreciate it.

Robert

splines and night mesh

Why splines cannot have night meshes? When will get this sorted out?
I know splines like fences, walls, rails, tunnels, etc cannot include a mesh table....therefore cant add night mesh.
You got the point: make a spline made of street lights, with poles or so...or spline platforms....

Maybe one more suggestion?

Maybe you can add a timeline for some of the features. So the community can search, when the interesting things will be added into Trainz.

@Tony_Hilliam
"Completed" features will be part of an official update

For me, this is not clear. How do you define an official update? Do you mean ServicePacks or the next Trainz version?

If I use Steam then I need for Trainz Plus another client for Trainz. And what if I stop using Trainz Plus. Does I need to switch with the database and so on to the Steam version? Or does the other client works after disableing Trainz Plus?

Back