Wow! Just Wow. I am duly impressed!

jkeenan

TPR Founding Member
Hi All,

I have been away from Trainz almost eight years! That doesnt seem possible, but its true. I have purchased 2019 and have spent several very enjoyable days exploring all that is offered. I am blown away by the improvements in content and improvements in many facets of the simulation. Today I downloaded and installed the Shortz and Kerl Traction layout and just cannot believe how excellent this project is! I have built many routes for Trainz on my own and as a member of TrainzProRoutes, but this beats anything I ever did and I see the bar has been set very high if I intend to product quality routes!

Very pleased to be back and having a ball!

Cheers,
John

PS The damn thing still locks up on me once in awhile though, just like the old days!:hehe:

Thanks for the reply. I assusme I got the latest version as it was included as a download when I received the game. I did buy the 2017 model RR version and I think that is why I had this option to download into 2019. If a new version is coming I will certainly grab it asap! Yes we moved to Texas seven years ago from Illinois. I will check out the Clovis to Lubbock route. I was always a route builder and content skinner, not much of a driver, but I am truly enjoying the Shortz project!

Cheers,
John

Could you confirm that you received the Shortz that has no trees.

If you like Route building you will appreciate Clovis to Lubbock I believe. You can literally follow Google Earth path with the route and vice-vera. Compare scene for scene.

Welcome back John.

Thanks for the comments about the Shortz layout (I called it "The Shortz & Kerliez" but for some reason N3V renamed it). As far as I know the TRS19 update is still in the DLC approval stream.

If you want to experience the full benefits of TRS19 (the new TRS19 track, the new PBR 3D textures, the TurfFX grasses) you really do need to download a TRS19 route. I've uploaded a few, the latest being this one:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...S19-model-railroad-layout-The-Lilliput-Logger

Phil

Thank you Phil and I will take your advice!

Cheers,
John

John;

Good to see you returning to Trainz! Search the DLS using UserName of "MSGSapper" in the category of routes and you will see several TrainzProRoutes that I kept up in Trainz and still do. I adhered to the original artistic intent but they have kept up with the times and changing textures, rail, structures, etc so you will see a tremendous number of improvements over the original versions.

I am currently updating the T:ANE versions to fully TRS19 standards including TRS19 procedural rail, TurfFX and clutter effects, 3D PBR ground textures, etc..

I hope you like what I have done with them and of course you all were credited as the original authors.

Please feel free to contact me via PM if you want to talk....

Bob

Bob

I will check the routes out and I thank you very much for keeping our creations up to date! I have a lot of relearning to do before I can get back up to full speed, and must learn how to use all the new stuff, but I am having a ball doing so. We veterans need to stick together!!! I'll get in touch with you by PM soon, I probably will have a plethora of questions about the new innovations!

Cheers,
John

Bob

I will check the routes out and I thank you very much for keeping our creations up to date! I have a lot of relearning to do before I can get back up to full speed, and must learn how to use all the new stuff, but I am having a ball doing so. We veterans need to stick together!!! I'll get in touch with you by PM soon, I probably will have a plethora of questions about the new innovations!

Cheers,
John

John;

I have sent you a PM with my direct contact info and certainly would not mind talking, especially as I am in Arkansas and you are in Texas (based on your profile)....

Bob

Welcome back! TPR has been one of the best third party websites and Ive been a big fan for a while now. It is pretty hard to stay away... I was on a hiatus a while ago and here I am! On mine website you find some info on a new route Ive been working on, and my latest creation; Red Maple Industrial has been released.

Last edited:
Back