ATLS Crossing Question

Prince271088

A quick question regarding ATLS crossings,,,

I have a two line track that has an ATLS crossing on it, but after the trigger to lower the crossing but before the crossing itself is a diverge into a freight yard. What I want to know is is there an alternative method to get the crossing to ignore the trigger if the track is set to diverge instead of continuing towards the crossing.

So far I have considered:

Moving the trigger - However this isn't really viable as there is not enough room between the crossing and the diverge for the barriers to be lowered and faster moving trains to pass over the crossing.

Setting the trigger to ignore a priority - Not ideal, but the trigger can be set to ignore priority 3 for example which is great until I have another freight train not heading into the depot and going over the crossing itself.

Changing the line speed - Not really an option due to other traffic using the line.

So I'm just wondering is there an asset or something that would help me essentially program that if Junction X is facing left Trigger Y won't activate.

Thanks

Hi

All priorities are set to 2 by default but there are driver commands that will change the priority of a train on the fly (priorityz is built in). Using one of these you can change the priority of the train to 3 after it passes a trackmark placed before the first trigger as it approaches the diverge. Once it is on the diverge track you can then change the priority back to 2 using the same method if necessary.

I have now moved over to the TRC system of operating crossings as this uses just one trigger placed about 10m from the crossing for each track going over the crossing. In my opinion it is much simpler to set up and presumably saves resources as there is just the one trigger to monitor instead of four for ATLS.

Regards

Brian

Have you tried any of the AI controlled crossings which do not rely on the ATLS system and triggers for this particular crossing? Before now I've used invisible junctions with either rail only track (without sleeps) and/or invisible track laid on top of and aligned with conventional track as a work round for one issue or another where normal route building just wouldn't play. Peter

Thanks both - I haven't had much chance to run testing yet but the idea I had that I was going to use was basically a scheduling work around where one of the commands in the schedule would include changing the trains priority temporarily, of course the key question is whether or not this can be accomplished without stopping

Priorityz can be placed after driver command and will change without stopping. I use it a lot, place a priorityz command after the last command before the train gets to the trigger and another after the first command after the trigger to reset it.

Priorityz can be placed after driver command and will change without stopping. I use it a lot, place a priorityz command after the last command before the train gets to the trigger and another after the first command after the trigger to reset it.

Well that's great use as that's how I planned to use it. Basically changing the priority is also important as I use variable speeds along the route so knowing I can do that will really help a lot.

Back