Route painting question

Firefighterdan

343 NEVER FORGET
I am modding a route I downloaded and added some new ground and want to add a big turn to line up with my Intermodal Facility. I painted over the squares before I placed the track and now I cannot count them for my prototypical turn. Is there a way to erase the grass I used to get back to the grid? Thank you!

;) You don't need to erase anything,

:) Look at top of Menu for Wired Mode, that will show the Grid thru all your textures, and you might even find stray assets down below, that you dropped, or covered over if you raised any of the tile elevations..........In fact, I work in Wire Mode 70-80% of the time, because it cuts off all the rendering of the Texture colors when your working on the Route, of course when you texture, you have to shut off Wire Mode so you can see what your painting with Texture. I and many others like using Wire Mode to change things and see things, you might not see with Texture turned off........

Alternate wireframe view Trainz contains an alternate wireframe view, that uses less resources and also shows all the ground polygons. Press Alt+W to activate; Click the wireframe button or use Ctrl+W to show the wireframe; Use Alt+W again to switch back to the standard wireframe.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=wire+mode+in+Trainz

That link I just put will give you additional info on Wire Mode........

Hope that works out for you

Once you've painted a texture on a grid and the route has been saved, then the 'undo' button cannot backtrack on whatever changes you've made.

If you want to clear a particular area to re-start again, place a new baseboard beside the route; then use the 'Tools' and Copy a similar area from the new baseboard and paste it over the top of the section you wish to erase. Once it's done, delete the baseboard.

Otherwise, re-texture over the grass you've laid.

Good luck
Roy

Back