Can someone help?

thundrert

Hello, and welcome.

Yes, I'd like to know two things:

1. I'm looking for a user called Chuck "Ceebee" Barkman. He built the original Highland Valley line. Is he still around?

2. How do I reach him? I need to see him about being granted permission to post a possible multiplayer version of his route. One that doesn't have the Approaching Train Junction Lock.

Um, where does that leave my version of his route then?

You can use it for personal use only but without the creators permission, or the permission of his estate, you cannot upload or share it. That, unfortunately, is the way it is.

By the laws of copyright:
On your PC.

I think you would be allowed to publish it about 75 years from now as that is when his copyright expires, assuming his family doesn't claim it. Might be less or more, but I am pretty sure you can handcraft a different route before you will ever be able to publish a copy of his work (unless he stated somewhere that it is free, which I personally don't recall).

(unless he stated somewhere that it is free, which I personally don't recall).

On that point, open the routes config.txt file and see if it has a licence tag. If it states "free to copy and distribute" then you are ok. It might also state that credit must be given to the original creator in which case you must include something like "original work created by Ceebee" or similar.

Back